DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with Attitude error messages and pano mode failures !

Reactions
Out with the newly acquired Mavic Air today and having two apparently different sets of problems:

Can not take a panorama, I get an error dialog that says " Warning:Shooting is currently not permitted. "

I also get these other errors:

Attitude is too large., Forwardobstacle sensing is unavailable.
Attitude is too large., Forward/Backwardobstacle sensing is unavailable.
Attitude is too large., Backwardobstacle sensing is unavailable.

I was flying at 247 ft, nothing was around !

Anyone have any insight onto the cause of such issues, Anyone else have these?

Reactions: BIGLUG24
I get the first one in sport mode about pano's but as far as otyers i seen these errors alot here and on yt videos

Reactions: BIGLUG24
You get that error message if the Mavic is in effect tilted at to great an angle due to strong wind or flying fast or a combination of both

Yea but its quite annoying never got it on pro....

Many annoying messages on both the mavic and now the air.. i use to panic with the all high wind and compass warnings but you eventually get used to them and ignore them.
I think they are an overkill and all though they should be displayed but maybe like on a phone have the option to make disappear after a few seconds. They tend to stick there during the complete duration of the flight and its quite annoying.

Reactions: shaunmichaelj
I've been getting the attitude warnings too. They flash by so rapidly, that I almost can't read them, but they keep repeating. Happens at all altitudes, whether moving or hovering, and not caused by wind.

Out with the newly acquired Mavic Air today and having two apparently different sets of problems:

Can not take a panorama, I get an error dialog that says " Warning:Shooting is currently not permitted. "

I also get these other errors:

Attitude is too large., Forwardobstacle sensing is unavailable.
Attitude is too large., Forward/Backwardobstacle sensing is unavailable.
Attitude is too large., Backwardobstacle sensing is unavailable.

I was flying at 247 ft, nothing was around !

Anyone have any insight onto the cause of such issues, Anyone else have these?

I get the same warnings too, on the Pano i had a problem with it saying timed out on my Spark and the problem was the filters, removed the filter and it worked fine. You mite want to do a VP
calibration on DJI assistant 2 and a IMU calibration it cant hurt to just try it.

Last edited:
Here's two links to YouTube videos of an Air owner experiencing odd messages as well as some really "shakey" flight behaviors. DJI said to "return it for a full refund" or he could wait 6+ weeks for replacement!

Channel owner is a really qualified and candid poster.

Never had this problem on my Spark, if it is high wind related, have flown way more times with the opportunity for wind related problems. The Spark took the pano, sometimes it stopped after completing 70-80% of the photos and I had to retake it..
There had to be something different in the "Air".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan