DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop balance question

rank amature

Reactions
I hit a bush in the yard (it needed trimming anyway) and broke a prop. I have a spare set of props, but was wondering if the four pairs in a set are balanced together and if I should replace all 4 sets or if it is just individual pairs that are balanced and I can just replace the one, broken pair? Thanks for any insight in advance!

With the mini it seems best to always replace the pair on the same motor together. They are balanced as a pair and the mini appears to be a little more sensitive on this. (There have been motor overload issues with unbalanced pairs causing the mini to suddenly descend)
You don't need to touch the other three pairs if they look undamaged...

I don’t think it’s a mini, but let’s ask.
Is it a mini?

I don’t think it’s a mini, but let’s ask.
Is it a mini?

I assumed it was the mini as a) they're a new member so probably have a new drone, b) mentioned the pair being balanced which only really applies to the mini where the blades are not connected to each other. I wonder if we'll get an answer? :)

Frankly, I don't think the props are balanced at all. They are molded fairly accurately, but from my testing (only M2P props from both DJI and Master Air Screw) even with a Dubro prop balancer (static) and a jig I made to perfectly align the folding blades (see below) balance could be improved on many of the props.

Now if you're talking about the Mini, especially the rear props, there have been reports here of the props loosing their pitch (going flatter), so with the Mini it may be a concern replacing only one rear prop at a time (?) maybe.

y2TCywD.png

Thank you all for your replies, and sorry it took so long to get back to you. I had a family emergency that sprung up and it distracted me. The drone is a m2p, not a mini. I thought it was okay to just replace the pair, but wanted to make sure as this is all new to me. Thanks again for all of your help and safe skies to you all!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine