DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller inspection.

Ranmanjc

Reactions
This set of DJI magic pro low noise blades all have cracks after normal use. I just bought a new set which are fine but I figured I would look at the old ones and see how they looked and I found cracks on all four blades. Imminent failure? Probably. Inspect everything on a regular basis that you want to keep in the air. They are all on the bottom side MVIMG_20190208_152332.jpgMVIMG_20190208_152332.jpgIMG_20190208_152310.jpgIMG_20190208_152221.jpgIMG_20190208_152128.jpgIMG_20190208_152128.jpg

Wow... thanks for sharing!

I suggest you look to replace with 'Master Airscrew' Stealth prop's - they are much better build quality!

Reactions: clovis09
I suggest you look to replace with 'Master Airscrew' Stealth prop's - they are much better build quality!
I will look into it. You would think the manufacturer would be the end-all-be-all source for reliable stuff. But I just bought a new set and I'll run them out and see how it goes. I have to say the original blades that came with my mavic pro are still in great shape. They are not the the lo noise version but I looked at it them all and no cracks. I am new to drones but have been in the aviation industry quite a while.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Careful with the Master Airscrews. They are not OEM equipment, and we know what happens if an owner crashes because of the props.
How did I know you were going to say that ... :p Thumbswayup

I will look into it. You would think the manufacturer would be the end-all-be-all source for reliable stuff. But I just bought a new set and I'll run them out and see how it goes. I have to say the original blades that came with my mavic pro are still in great shape. They are not the the lo noise version but I looked at it them all and no cracks. I am new to drones but have been in the aviation industry quite a while.
Maybe I just got a bad batch

This set of DJI magic pro low noise blades all have cracks after normal use. I just bought a new set which are fine but I figured I would look at the old ones and see how they looked and I found cracks on all four blades. Imminent failure? Probably. Inspect everything on a regular basis that you want to keep in the air. They are all on the bottom side View attachment 62329View attachment 62329View attachment 62330View attachment 62331View attachment 62332View attachment 62332

If you are going to throw them out anyway, why dont you do an experiment to see how close to failure they really are? Not by flying with them, but by twisting them and see if you can get the hub to crack along the hairlines you show in the pictures. That would be the first place they would fracture. You can try twisting one by the props, and see if the hub breaks. Try flexing another one upwards and see what happens. I have tried twisting props and trying to break then, but they are stronger than I am.

This set of DJI magic pro low noise blades all have cracks after normal use. I just bought a new set which are fine but I figured I would look at the old ones and see how they looked and I found cracks on all four blades. Imminent failure? Probably. Inspect everything on a regular basis that you want to keep in the air. They are all on the bottom side View attachment 62329View attachment 62329View attachment 62330View attachment 62331View attachment 62332View attachment 62332
i hate to spoil the party but i have just looked at my props from my mavic pro platinum they all have the same marks on the bottom of them as yours, but if you look closer they are not cracks but moulding lines from the moulding process when they were made. i checked some brand new ones as well and they are the same. in all your pics the marks are identical, and only on the surface

i hate to spoil the party but i have just looked at my props from my mavic pro platinum they all have the same marks on the bottom of them as yours, but if you look closer they are not cracks but moulding lines from the moulding process when they were made. i checked some brand new ones as well and they are the same. in all your pics the marks are identical, and only on the surface
Some of my pics were repeats because I'm dense like that. I tried to show four props but showed five there are repeats. Sorry. If you can catch your finger nail in it and look at the edge and see the line goes all the waIMG_20190208_170338.jpgIMG_20190208_170338.jpgy up it's a crack I have taken a photo have a new prop flown once just a few minutes ago it does not show that.

Reactions: Former Member
M
Some of my pics were repeats because I'm dense like that. I tried to show four props but showed five there are repeats. Sorry. If you can catch your finger nail in it and look at the edge and see the line goes all the waView attachment 62338View attachment 62338y up it's a crack I have taken a photo have a new prop flown once just a few minutes ago it does not show that.
My party rages on.

M
My party rages on.[/QUOTE
Truly I'm just trying to help out I know my blades are cracked maybe yours are too you spent much money to be able to fly your mavic better safe than sorry. The difference is the new blades don't look like the old ones and mine have minor cracks that I can catch my fingernail in and I said going up the sides up into the spindle. Take it or leave it.

I've just blown the dust off my original MPP 'quiet' prop's, got my jam-jar glasses on - and there are some mould-marks, but there's nothing like the small fracture line that can be seen in the OP photo's, where a fracture appears to go from the rivet, away from the centre -> out toward the tip of the prop ... If you have those on your prop's OMM - then I think you might have the same fractures as mentioned in the OP ???

I've just blown the dust off my original MPP 'quiet' prop's, got my jam-jar glasses on - and there are some mould-marks, but there's nothing like the small fracture line that can be seen in the OP photo's, where a fracture appears to go from the rivet, away from the centre -> out toward the tip of the prop ... If you have those on your prop's OMM - then I think you might have the same fractures as mentioned in the OP ???
It's just not the same as the mold lines. Like I'm saying I may have got a bad batch of blades made with the inferior plastic who knows I'm just putting it out there

It's just not the same as the mold lines. Like I'm saying I may have got a bad batch of blades made with the inferior plastic who knows I'm just putting it out there
No - I can see that ... I fly a Mavic Pro Platinum, but I use the Master Airscrew prop's which - even if I'll get burnt at the stake as a heretic for saying - I'll use over the DJI stock and quiet prop's any day! They are manufactured by people who just understand & build propellors - rather than people who build drones.

No - I can see that ... I fly a Mavic Pro Platinum, but I use the Master Airscrew prop's which - even if I'll get burnt at the stake as a heretic for saying - I'll use over the DJI stock and quiet prop's any day! They are manufactured by people who just understand & build propellors - rather than people who build drones.
Well said. I have not tried their product but maybe I'll look into that. Thank you for your input.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nenad