DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Re: Remote ID. What will the legal punishments be if someone is proven to have flown their drone w/o Remote ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgmaxed

Reactions
What will the legal punishments be if someone is proven to have flown their drone w/o Remote ID? Lets say someone with an older drone doesn't attach an R-ID module when the law becomes active. If the police find them, what will they legally do? What will the FAA do if the police report them for flying without the ID Module? Will the FAA warn them first, then, if they are caught doing it again fine them?

Secondly: What if you have a R-ID module on your drone, but due to obstacles and radio ground clutter the police or public can't see the ID transmission? Will remote ID modules be able to record all the flight data so you can prove it was transmitting by matching it's data with the drone's flight log data?

On a side note: I wonder when the first drone pilot will be assaulted, stabbed, shot, killed or have his or her drone and camera equipment stolen. Also I wonder when the first pilot will crash their drone due to the distraction of a confrontation and or possible assault. Lawsuits will be filed.

There's no point getting over-excited about hypotheticals like this when it's still years from being introduced.
Wait to find out actual details, rather than basing assumptions on guesses that may well be invalid.

Click bait
There is bait, but nothing to click.
Clickbait
noun
  1. (on the internet) content whose main purpose is to attract attention AND encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page.
I guess this subject is more like "Nobody Interested Bait"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute