DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

readable log data

Northeh

Reactions
I'm new to drones and new to apple. I'm trying review a flight log to determine what went wrong with one of my flights. I've connected my iPhone 10 to my MacBook Air. Found the flight records both the Dat and TXT records. When click to open them, they are unreadable. What am I doing wrong. This what it looks like. Thanks for all your help

˛!Y+u2.#jJ[@x#jJ[@x#jJ[@x#jJ!Y+u2.#jJ[@x#jJ[@x#jJ[@x#jJYAyljJ(k@xZ·NmZ@xœbW'Ù<∏òÀã
8¯~òt—Gx#ÿI©8&˘
[@x:jJ[@x)≈kJåÅBxb3iJ#ABxÛjJ^V@x}jJ◊P@xBW”·ø«
:T¯◊·ø«Efl&Û◊·ø«TúŒó◊·ø«d˝' Ø≠G_˛·;Ø≠Gß∏Ì;Ø≠G`ÊY;Ø≠G#jJ[@xsx%8#HF& r&luJW◊R[@x#jJ?*t8r)!WjJ[@x#jJ[@x#jJhKa]_!krHG[Jj;o]Y!h2M/JhyNy]_}!ktH_8JjKs]_sTqHb#?J]A|+jJ[@x#kJ[@x#jJcuBqX.rvwAA-G~(b"UA$+<i!A@!Y~!mtBk;C˘*“jU‰·9ʪg-pÓbÏ˚3ˆSûCx*∏˚fl”d`Zlú¡)KP0 ˆ·Ï*4yè>ÂMÂ≤QV’ µÆıÂ8Pè2ñF¯î1⁄y_"ɧŒ–õ>R°qØöJd]ºÿ˚r˘S·ÑJGURµ-∑n¯ˆΩ8M˙+ÀØ¿ö‚Ã≠<,|“ƒJ óôE~ú˛›ÁÌÔjvÀ
Iÿ1∞úD~xãHŸ≥ñ÷ŒW ÏjbÃ∑ˇ™»{É¿Rv¬˙#Ïa’!T∂UïU¿k#˜\òg41ò’ÀX¿∆ëºd∫¡ï2UmDnÂüT—Õ~¶πâG+=ú˛IG8))%Òı^Ì}¨ õ#â˘d[U@∞Í¥ÑÄ—¬Z»V≠a˛ÙÕmœ®;(T›±§ï⁄ô…*@\ëÜéãv“œT¸∏©¸⁄º&k¨5]®”ÖHK´vq
Ê2nû9Q¶flägñd˚EÓ´mˇ*.√òö©^ñ.2’bù¸
¶Ò;ZÉ}¸VH≥KP—j”Ê@ÂÙ∏üêPç;«=ÖP1å⁄£æuY≈úív<î€ıɯ∂◊æF∑’¬k˝:W¢˛ãóx2áRÑ®Kºfi2µbÜODc≈ENl“◊Ñ’¿ÂeQÏài’ƒÕ *v GØ,†J÷E-ªûíÓeY…ñe™ùˇ8ͬÅ4Z$
ÃyÕ“Õ8-È”ŒoQfl;ís àNææG£j%ÂMõÑ€˚B¬WãU˛Û3ÇØ√<›]îy€1◊iSÚïl·ÿäü!h´33¡éõ(¿„µ¶*‡áM´ˇÉË/`J›ÙR,êí±ôÜf≈ù›;"ÕflÒk9™≈E˛ï´ü@˚ÂÓ--ß8õ)(∞ö÷≤
( ∫Cj∂“܇Û∂Úf¿‰†U√ÏŸ·â3ÒûBù•%EÆ"∏ 3A‰*õëW¨ÜodË
~æΩÌ}JP∏≠¸˛*~U‚n-–œƒåAz‡7v≈yπ´ÌƒŒÇGFÆ¡B˛ùÆ!ˇ8|ˆÕnŸ˜edŒ®∞B*>‚H´ˇ≥G(JHa™†ë?O´ítã£[xû/Ωm®[)∏îg‹ä#Z†dMˆYΩ_«*√÷[:tã∞”nÁí–ù&1UÈF∏Dö¶k*n ú¸é ß2ë}ÍXJ+(Ruj™+Bh. BÙ¶H≥√ı»$ÜM+PÄô‘
T‹€zq˛–2•™@\R>∑ë·ÔùW≈iyÏ»
á–∞˛xĵ¯Ô±üOñ‡≥·Æÿ:¿ä¨å£™…óë–√-á&{5sí„;⁄öƒÃi}dG)Jç=◊‘º+¥Lr^Õªˇ~Ï˛)™&Sfiπ}Ø«d ˇ8<∂¯?¯ vE+sQ˙·ßéÜè¥Gào†˜œ8ªt<ró´—KNx]XƒqòÎ*˚{VnÔœ]¥S;Άõñ{-/_Ç;pÕo•Âá?ˇ¡HkÎ Qœ}O?∑iœ⁄?¡é|=JX∑{¿z“ìEWœ¡*ûˇ¸@ΆÅ#fÃ˛ŸØáÑʯ≤N¿≈q'Ãl`sorAÔ⁄Ã"∑Em]üVÚã©0ˆ ÂDRmãu£Æ֥㬯´„V¿:í∫±≈¿qßp∞°)BpÔh…Ì¥O_¯Ã»Á˚ü⁄⁄^€ŸT∂>*(|÷F î}u#ºm–üO◊ßäL+qo’Ê´˘éߡ8`
|jtLM˛Y™m5ízçºûç]2LÈ9n+7¸+Ù0„vHÓ7‡§n˛!“ÎáÕW0∏$´W6=TM·∑Dá+hü:s¨P¬GL´gÔ%r—ÿıº4“ÑaΩâ
î\]¢GESÖfl∂Œé}OóS1;∂êΩü£9‘ªïìä˚⁄c:áDJ∂Ú÷Âàfi¥qØ<ºº<ËHʨu¬©#f»~s{dÏêEVváÄÉ"fl
:ö“«'3(zg° <s]0WÛ´p5w∆~°#+K*›ÍÈ®;~” ÔӢܽYˆèºÂA◊»K_Y›?vw^~àïøƒdc}Ó"ıu◊#¯`Të¢ˇ2à∑≠5\l„îôÆm†é
f∏[V,Dúä¯alâfl7¶[]'õÀxVΩ˛Áx∆/ı>Kˇ8€\ó1¨¢•/ÀÂÄ∑B¥ªRm%®VUeÏâu˜¥…˚\r•ïçÄ’'èP„∞‹–ˆæ °h7Z«‹Z[_ëG˜¥j»D¯ŒIı±li´rpKQNmÍêh[Øi“’fl¸¨3M+ô~ÌG(˙π®ÚY¨ü9ÊC2ÂÈâÆ√˝
t9ç`©Bi>V•åQalC;ıæéóé¶Àì3u5±}¸p7ˇÜI‡‹Í[Mù$âÚçË_¡û…,PÎüÇT¢€=“fiß–áÂ≤Ïè–jÔj€q·«o√jÊ∑S;◊,ù∫˘püãA3∫ñM·∂ÃÙ_‘†R7ƒ°[¶¨9§pˇ—”Àb1É^{ÇFÍìéWÂ{ôuˇR.Ì≤A¢E‰^„oDár»á¸cñMßO…Ú5Ü\–_u[!ic*˙îú>‹∏∂flg2Âü_Ï4gısy

Reactions: slup
If you’d really like an in depth analysis from the phantomhelp or airdata report you end up with, post a link to either of those.
There are extra tools the analytical people here can use to provide a much deeper picture of events.

Reactions: Northeh
Thanks, I didn't read carefully enough, and failed to download the analytical tool to read the flight data. Now I have to scold myself, as my tree crash was my error :(

and failed to download the analytical tool to read the flight data.

Either Phantomhelp and Airdata reports allow you to get a pretty good picture of flights and overview of basic things.
Often this is enough to work out what happened, but not in all cases where behind the scenes info helps analyse specific aircraft data.

The CSV graphs can be hard to understand putting it all together, takes a fair amount of using these to read through the info contained in them.
A tree crash seems / could be pretty straight forward, but if it was (for example) a compass / IMU type of conflict, the data read on CSV viewer will show up like a story to these folk here into deep analytics.

Anyway, maybe you are a graph expert and can work through it, but the people here are always here to help if you feel the need to confirm anything.

Did the drone survive ok ?

When click to open them, they are unreadable. What am I doing wrong.
DJI encrypts them. There are only a handful of apps that are able to read them (some in my signature below).

Either Phantomhelp and Airdata reports allow you to get a pretty good picture of flights and overview of basic things.
Often this is enough to work out what happened, but not in all cases where behind the scenes info helps analyse specific aircraft data.

The CSV graphs can be hard to understand putting it all together, takes a fair amount of using these to read through the info contained in them.
A tree crash seems / could be pretty straight forward, but if it was (for example) a compass / IMU type of conflict, the data read on CSV viewer will show up like a story to these folk here into deep analytics.

Anyway, maybe you are a graph expert and can work through it, but the people here are always here to help if you feel the need to confirm anything.

Did the drone survive ok ?
Thanks for the follow-up. Drone is fine caught in tree about 25 feet up. My wife actually climbed up to retrieve it (I owe her big time). Had the drone at that height going “sideways “.
Wind gusts were up to 45kph. I think the momentum and wind gust did the trick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman