DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ready to Return MP - Terrible DJI Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!

Just Wow...

So ya'll are **** skippy. I see a complete lack of empathy and have been made to feel like I'm marginalized, I hope your real proud of driving away a new potentially productive community member. The amount of shade thrown at me on here is astounding. All I wanted a contact at DJI, someone in a position to fix the problem, because I've tried all the usual channels and got no where. I wanted escalation and got none.

I ALREADY HAVE TWO EXTRA SETS OF LOW NOISE PROPS ALSO.

For those genuinely wanting to know, the prop was a spare, packed (sandwiched) in their black thick paper shoved into the pouch on the carrying bag included in the fly more bundle. This prop had all of the pressure of being crammed into that tight pouch with nothing to protect it. So much for overprotection, but everything else was reasonably packed. She has flown, about half-dozen times. This is not about functionality, but it is about a $1200 purchase being complete.

I expect them to provide warranty service in a reasonable amount of time. If my company and my support department handled customers this way - we would be out of business. It's going back to the store tomorrow.

I go to work, and 38 posts later I'm accused of being an over sensitive pansy because of a stupid $7 prop. Surely I have so much time on my hands that I couldn't respond faster could I. Screw the lot of you inconsiderate a*holes. Screw DJI, and screw trying to be a productive community member here because you all showed your true colors real quick like.

C-ya.

Reactions: Guker
Wow!

Just Wow...

So ya'll are **** skippy. I see a complete lack of empathy and have been made to feel like I'm marginalized, I hope your real proud of driving away a new potentially productive community member. The amount of shade thrown at me on here is astounding. All I wanted a contact at DJI, someone in a position to fix the problem, because I've tried all the usual channels and got no where. I wanted escalation and got none.

For those genuinely wanting to know, the prop was a spare, packed (sandwiched) in their black thick paper shoved into the pouch on the carrying bag included in the fly more bundle. This prop had all of the pressure of being crammed into that tight pouch with nothing to protect it. So much for overprotection, but everything else was reasonably packed. She has flown, about half-dozen times. This is not about functionality, but it is about a $1200 purchase being complete.

I expect them to provide warranty service in a reasonable amount of time. If my company and my support department handled customers this way - we would be out of business. It's going back to the store tomorrow.

I go to work, and 38 posts later I'm accused of being an over sensitive pansy because of a stupid $7 prop. Surely I have so much time on my hands that I couldn't respond faster could I. Screw the lot of you inconsiderate a*holes. Screw DJI, and screw trying to be a productive community member here because you all showed your true colors real quick like.

C-ya.
no,not all of US,i understand where your coming from
dont let a few spoil it for you

Reactions: Guker and DroneJI
I don't mean to be harsh, but has anyone ever seen the movie "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas, a classic

Reactions: Mr. Salty and JMF
You can find DJI's contact information here. I'm not sure exactly who you're trying to reach, but you should be able to track down the appropriate person if you start there.

Is it possible that someone mislabeled the package information? It'll be interesting to see what actually arrives. Maybe it really is a Mavic Pro prop.

While I agree the props should not arrive damaged, I would have personally just bought a new set of props. The props are currently $7.84 here on Amazon and there is a Best Buy about 10 minutes away from my house that sells DJI accessories if I need them even sooner. I see there are a few Best Buys near you too.

I think you're kinda being tough on it all over a prop. I get where you're coming from don't get me wrong but if you want a drone the brand to buy is DJI and my drone of choice is their mavic. I've never had to use their customer support but others have said great things.

Have you flown it at all yet?

Sorry, but I think this attitude is absolute nonsense, and it's the reason that DJI can continue to get away with their abyssal customer "service." You don't buy a $1,200 drone expecting it to come with everything, then have to shell out money because of their error. That's like buying a brand new Mercedes S-Class and finding it has a door-ding in it and going, "Oh, well, I guess I can just ignore this." Nope. When you spend premium product money, you expect the support and treatment that goes along with it. You don't get a Mercedes and expect Ford customer service, where you're lucky if they have warm bottled water for you.

OP, you have every right to be annoyed with their customer service. I would agree with these two if it were a cheapo model, something $200 or less, but not on an expensive model. The customer service from DJI is one of the worst I have ever experienced, and the only draw is that there is no alternative. That's it. I know for a fact that if I have issues, or want to repair stuff myself, I am practically SOL. Battery in your transmitter fails? Just buy a new $300 one. Want to buy one in a couple of years? It'll be discontinued and you'll have no access to buying one. Don't believe me, try asking them about a replacement for a P4 Standard.

That all being said, I agree with others that you should have just exchanged it.

Wow!

Just Wow...

C-ya.

I gave up on talking with DJI they have a different department for everything you can’t get anything done talking with one person! Do what I did contact the California Attorney General they have complaints building up against Dji when they have enough they will take action against the company. I say the California AG because it’s the state we’re Dji has a US based office. You will have to Wiki DJIs Cali address and phone number to file a complaint. This is something everyone should do that has had any issues with Dji! Most choose to ignore it hopefully enough people stand up to Dji to get something done about there Customer Service! Otherwise we will be waiting for competition to put a squeeze on their sales! Good luck I try the normal avenues first but Dji is not a normal company to deal with post sale.

Reactions: Guker and wytnyt
Wow!

Just Wow...

C-ya.

Take a deep breath and relax, it's not the end of the world, I'll send you two sets of props myself if you want, seriously, just give me your mailing address.

We all get ragged on once in a while, you'll be alright.

You'll love the Mavic and have a ball with it...

I still dont see the problem being that horrible. So it took 20 days to get the damaged SPARE prop in the mail.
20 days from a multinational company like DJI, around their new years is not that bad. The whole issue certainly is not an emergency. I say reserve the complaints till you have something real to complain about.

Hmm. Is it me or Am I missing something. The OP states in his latest rant, that the prop that is damaged was a spare but wants to return the entire package for a refund (Note: after a half dozen flights) because of seemingly poor service from DJI....during their New Year holiday!!!! And then has the audacity to berate others with a foul mouthed rant because he didn’t get empathy, he states that all he wanted was someone in a position to fix the problem because he’s tried all the usual channels and got nowhere. Wanted escalation and got none. Other posts have offered to send him some props, many have offered sympathy because DJI customer service can be a bit flaky at times, and a few, me included, have expressed surprise at the OPs rant over customer service for a £9.00 prop, and I apologise if I offended you, but sometimes life is like a box of chocolates, you just don’t know what you are going to get, and of course, **** happens. I do hope you don’t leave our community, really it’s nice to have someone like yourself on board who is willing to stand up and say “this ain’t right” otherwise how is anything ever going to get fixed.

Reactions: JMF
When you buy something, open and check that everything is in good condition. If it's not, return to the store and get a replacement, before you activate your drone. The damage prop becomes the store's problem to deal with, not yours.
Why you would use DJI care refresh to replace a damaged prop? Seems a bit over kill. It might cost you nothing to contact them and get a replacement. But for DJI, they have to open a case, get the spare prop, package it and pay for the shipping. I don't think it's going to be a top priority for them.

Reactions: JMF
Sorry, but I think this attitude is absolute nonsense, and it's the reason that DJI can continue to get away with their abyssal customer "service."
That all being said, I agree with others that you should have just exchanged it.
Sorry, but I think returning a Mavic because a spare prop is damaged is too much work. My time is valuable, so I'd definitely pick up a new set of props on Amazon or a local dealer (if available) if it was preventing me from flying. That's not to say I wouldn't also ask DJI to replace the damaged prop, be annoyed by customer service if the replacement took too much effort, etc. I just wouldn't allow those things to rule my life and make me go out of the way (e.g. return the Mavic that I've been flying for weeks) to attempt to make some kind of point that DJI will likely not even notice.

I'm about to return my MP to the store I purchased it from, then demand a DJI Care refund.

Is there a corporate number for DJI that can be contacted when someone receives horrendous customer support?

Here is what has transpired: I bought the MP on Jan 26, purchased DJI Care on Jan 27, contacted support on Jan 30, they opened case, requested info, I sent requested info (pics of issue, receipts) on Jan 31. I never heard anything back so I check in on Feb 4, Feb 13, Feb 18, Feb 20. Feb 4, 13, and 18 received zero response from DJI. On Feb 15 I went in to live chat, promised to have follow-up and nothing. Again went in to live chat on Feb 20, more promises. All of a sudden last night, I get a shipping notification. In that notification it says they shipped a "Spark Prop".

... No where did I ever tell them anything about it being a Spark. I have to assume the props which they have a full array of photos of, including my receipt look nothing like Spark props, and the receipt clearly says everything they need to know and even in answering their questionnaire I stated the model was a Mavic Pro.

The actual issue? I found one of the spare white circle props that was included in my Fly More package crushed and mangled - not usable in any case. I simply asked for a replacement prop. This is way too much effort; now too much anger, and I can not believe how it has been handled (or lack there of) to date for having just spent around $1200 on this product.

I'm ready to return it before my 30 day store return eligibility expires in a couple days, and I suppose fighting with DJI for a refund on the DJI Care warranty will go no where, so I expect that to go into chargeback via my CC company.

What do I do? I'm pretty unhappy and bummed out by the whole experience over a stupid prop. :(
I heard b4 I bought mine there CService sucks. Sorry & I feel you

All that rage for under $15 props? Sometimes a 2 face palm is not enough for some people.

When you buy something, open and check that everything is in good condition. If it's not, return to the store and get a replacement, before you activate your drone. The damage prop becomes the store's problem to deal with, not yours.
Why you would use DJI care refresh to replace a damaged prop? Seems a bit over kill. It might cost you nothing to contact them and get a replacement. But for DJI, they have to open a case, get the spare prop, package it and pay for the shipping. I don't think it's going to be a top priority for them.
That's the problem, every issue should be handled the same, man spent a lot store would say contact dji. There wrong just send it, see just like that, but give back all that $$ and mad customer

This is funny. If I spent 1200 I expect it to be 100%. It's funny DJI hasn't figured out the customer service piece of the puzzle. They will or will be forced to one day, sadly. Giant companies are made due to customer service, that should be the forefront of their company, it will pay dividends in the long run.

I'm no psychologist but it looks like now you have 2 problems.

1. A bad prop
2. A forum that's messin' with ya.

Hidden Inside what looks to be harsh criticism is the answer you asked for: A contact phone number DJI.

I think they are just trying to say for under $10 it ain't worth the hassle you're going through.
How much is you peace of mind worth? More the ten dollars I would think. Go get the props at
Best Buy or wherever is good for you and go fly...

Just my opinion

Reactions: choo choo and JMF
I expect, that the OP's contact with DJI was with an attitude as he has displayed here. Do you think calling, or texting with a (probably underpaid) employee, in a different time zone Probably a night shift as well. And showing great deals of attitude will get you results? We are CUSTOMERS, not Kings. With the volume of transactions DJI has to deal with day to day, I doubt a crabby person with a spare part issue is going to be pushed to the top of the heap just because he is loud and angry.

Reactions: Chirp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom