DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ready to Return MP - Terrible DJI Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyph

Reactions
I'm about to return my MP to the store I purchased it from, then demand a DJI Care refund.

Is there a corporate number for DJI that can be contacted when someone receives horrendous customer support?

Here is what has transpired: I bought the MP on Jan 26, purchased DJI Care on Jan 27, contacted support on Jan 30, they opened case, requested info, I sent requested info (pics of issue, receipts) on Jan 31. I never heard anything back so I check in on Feb 4, Feb 13, Feb 18, Feb 20. Feb 4, 13, and 18 received zero response from DJI. On Feb 15 I went in to live chat, promised to have follow-up and nothing. Again went in to live chat on Feb 20, more promises. All of a sudden last night, I get a shipping notification. In that notification it says they shipped a "Spark Prop".

... No where did I ever tell them anything about it being a Spark. I have to assume the props which they have a full array of photos of, including my receipt look nothing like Spark props, and the receipt clearly says everything they need to know and even in answering their questionnaire I stated the model was a Mavic Pro.

The actual issue? I found one of the spare white circle props that was included in my Fly More package crushed and mangled - not usable in any case. I simply asked for a replacement prop. This is way too much effort; now too much anger, and I can not believe how it has been handled (or lack there of) to date for having just spent around $1200 on this product.

I'm ready to return it before my 30 day store return eligibility expires in a couple days, and I suppose fighting with DJI for a refund on the DJI Care warranty will go no where, so I expect that to go into chargeback via my CC company.

What do I do? I'm pretty unhappy and bummed out by the whole experience over a stupid prop. :(

I'm about to return my MP to the store I purchased it from, then demand a DJI Care refund.

Is there a corporate number for DJI that can be contacted when someone receives horrendous customer support?

Here is what has transpired: I bought the MP on Jan 26, purchased DJI Care on Jan 27, contacted support on Jan 30, they opened case, requested info, I sent requested info (pics of issue, receipts) on Jan 31. I never heard anything back so I check in on Feb 4, Feb 13, Feb 18, Feb 20. Feb 4, 13, and 18 received zero response from DJI. On Feb 15 I went in to live chat, promised to have follow-up and nothing. Again went in to live chat on Feb 20, more promises. All of a sudden last night, I get a shipping notification. In that notification it says they shipped a "Spark Prop".

... No where did I ever tell them anything about it being a Spark. I have to assume the props which they have a full array of photos of, including my receipt look nothing like Spark props, and the receipt clearly says everything they need to know and even in answering their questionnaire I stated the model was a Mavic Pro.

The actual issue? I found one of the spare white circle props that was included in my Fly More package crushed and mangled - not usable in any case. I simply asked for a replacement prop. This is way too much effort; now too much anger, and I can not believe how it has been handled (or lack there of) to date for having just spent around $1200 on this product.

I'm ready to return it before my 30 day store return eligibility expires in a couple days, and I suppose fighting with DJI for a refund on the DJI Care warranty will go no where, so I expect that to go into chargeback via my CC company.

What do I do? I'm pretty unhappy and bummed out by the whole experience over a stupid prop. :(
I think you're kinda being tough on it all over a prop. I get where you're coming from don't get me wrong but if you want a drone the brand to buy is DJI and my drone of choice is their mavic. I've never had to use their customer support but others have said great things.

Have you flown it at all yet?

Did you try to deal with the store you bought it from first? Is there anything else wrong with the mavic instead of the one prop?

Personally, I would have contacted DJI like you did, but after the frustration started, I would have called it a small victory for them and gone to Best Buy for a $9.00 loss on a pair of props.

I purchased 8331 Low Noise props from B&H, and they arrived damaged in shipping. They couldn't be more helpful. They refunded my money since they didn't have any in stock and didn't know when they would get another shipment, Too bad DJI can't be that way all of the time.

I still fly with the damaged props since they don't appear to cause any negative flight characteristics.

You can find DJI's contact information here. I'm not sure exactly who you're trying to reach, but you should be able to track down the appropriate person if you start there.

All of a sudden last night, I get a shipping notification. In that notification it says they shipped a "Spark Prop".
Is it possible that someone mislabeled the package information? It'll be interesting to see what actually arrives. Maybe it really is a Mavic Pro prop.

What do I do? I'm pretty unhappy and bummed out by the whole experience over a stupid prop.
While I agree the props should not arrive damaged, I would have personally just bought a new set of props. The props are currently $7.84 here on Amazon and there is a Best Buy about 10 minutes away from my house that sells DJI accessories if I need them even sooner. I see there are a few Best Buys near you too.

If I buy a product at a local store and something is wrong with it, I will return it to the store for replacement. That's one benefit you have with local stores over internet shops. But if you ordered over the net the simplest way really is buying another set of props. That would save you from all the anger and effort with repackaging your Mavic, paying shipping fee and waiting maybe for weeks for the replacement.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
You've got a broken spare prop...and your at your whits end and ready to throw in the towel........probably best to just send it all back to be honest, because there's 101 things that can go wrong or cause irritation with owning a MP. (App/firmware updates/NFZ/people taking offense etc etc) and if 1 broken prop has you this upset - flying the MP is not going to be an enjoyable experience for you....so your probably best to call it a day, get your money and try something else.

They way that the Mavic comes over packaged I can’t even fathom how only a single prop could be “mangled” right out of the box and nothing else is damaged?

I think your being a little bitchy for a $9 set if props, if the bird can fly - fly it. Go to Best buy and buy yourself a few sets if props as I'm sure your going to need to replace one or two at some point. All this over a prop is mind blowing, it's a user replaceable part.

You’re kidding right. All this over a prop. You obviously have a lot of time on your hands. Wouldn’t it be much easier to go to Best Buy or Amazon and get a prop. It’s not like they’re expensive or anything. Just saying.

Some people eh!!. All this fuss over a damaged prop worth a few bucks. I accidentally damaged one of mine, sent in an order for a complete new set, just in case.
DJI couldn’t have been more helpful, efficient and fast. They responded to my emails, don’t forget the time difference.
They air freighted my props to me, when they arrived I found they’d sent me more than I asked for so I offered to pay for the others, but they wouldn’t accept payment. Same thing when my MP originallyarrived, the battery charger was slightly chipped, still usable but one battery was a bit loose due to the chip. They sent me the very latest charger at no extra cost whatsoever. As Bazzam says in a previous post. There are a lot more things that can go wrong or cause irritation when flying.

Reactions: Franzinator
While I agree 100% with your feelings and frustration, having dealt way too many times with DJI support, returning the Mavic will get your refund, BUT, if you've already purchased care refresh, you've just blown away that $89 purchase, plus, no longer having, what I consider, a great drone. Comparing $9 prop, to $89 Care Refresh, seems like you're loosing out by returning it. I agree with your frustration, just think you'll be ahead by biting the bullet on this one

This may not be the hobby for you if you get this wound up over a damaged prop.

If something is damaged right out of the box, go back to the store, online or brick and mortar, and get a replacement from them. Alternatively, go to Target, Best Buy or Walmart and buy a pair of props for $9 and start flying.

I think he should return it. If he is that fragile about a defective prop, imagine how he will be if he has a bigger problem? I see no extended happiness for this particular user.

I think he should return it. If he is that fragile about a defective prop, imagine how he will be if he has a bigger problem? I see no extended happiness for this particular user.

I agree completely.

guys sometimes just using the forum to post his feelings may be all the medicine thats needed,
he paid good money so its fair to expect good parts,i think we can all agree with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife