DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ready to Return MP - Terrible DJI Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
its just a prop,dji is a busy company too busy to mess with a prop
and by the time a more serious issue arises well be conditioned to accept that dji is just too bz to give us the time of day.,and if that doesnt work we can just assume they dont understand because they're foreigners ,and at the end of the day we should just appreciate that we have a dji done,,,hmm

I'm about to return my MP to the store I purchased it from, then demand a DJI Care refund.

Is there a corporate number for DJI that can be contacted when someone receives horrendous customer support?

Here is what has transpired: I bought the MP on Jan 26, purchased DJI Care on Jan 27, contacted support on Jan 30, they opened case, requested info, I sent requested info (pics of issue, receipts) on Jan 31. I never heard anything back so I check in on Feb 4, Feb 13, Feb 18, Feb 20. Feb 4, 13, and 18 received zero response from DJI. On Feb 15 I went in to live chat, promised to have follow-up and nothing. Again went in to live chat on Feb 20, more promises. All of a sudden last night, I get a shipping notification. In that notification it says they shipped a "Spark Prop".

... No where did I ever tell them anything about it being a Spark. I have to assume the props which they have a full array of photos of, including my receipt look nothing like Spark props, and the receipt clearly says everything they need to know and even in answering their questionnaire I stated the model was a Mavic Pro.

The actual issue? I found one of the spare white circle props that was included in my Fly More package crushed and mangled - not usable in any case. I simply asked for a replacement prop. This is way too much effort; now too much anger, and I can not believe how it has been handled (or lack there of) to date for having just spent around $1200 on this product.

I'm ready to return it before my 30 day store return eligibility expires in a couple days, and I suppose fighting with DJI for a refund on the DJI Care warranty will go no where, so I expect that to go into chargeback via my CC company.

What do I do? I'm pretty unhappy and bummed out by the whole experience over a stupid prop. :(

Ditto to all of the above!!! I got my Mavic Pro, had a few great flights, loved the drone. Then the USB output on the charger failed within a week. No biggie, I could still charge the drone battery and could use other USB chargers to charge the remote control. Contacted DJI support expecting them to just send me a new charger (probably at a cost to them of a couple bucks for the $1000 drone). Instead I spent hours over the next few days responding to their requests for videos of the problem (no kidding!), email explanations, pictures etc. The last straw was when they wanted me to send in the charger (at my expense) for repair that they hoped would only take a few weeks. Finally I gave up on DJI support, returned the drone to Costco (a 10 minute process) and bought a new one.

Clearly DJI doesn't understand the economics of good customer support and was willing to use up hours of their support persons time, a returned/used $1000 product, and a dissatisfied customer to save a couple bucks on a faulty part.

Reactions: DroneJI
Ditto to all of the above!!! I got my Mavic Pro, had a few great flights, loved the drone. Then the USB output on the charger failed within a week. No biggie, I could still charge the drone battery and could use other USB chargers to charge the remote control. Contacted DJI support expecting them to just send me a new charger (probably at a cost to them of a couple bucks for the $1000 drone). Instead I spent hours over the next few days responding to their requests for videos of the problem (no kidding!), email explanations, pictures etc. The last straw was when they wanted me to send in the charger (at my expense) for repair that they hoped would only take a few weeks. Finally I gave up on DJI support, returned the drone to Costco (a 10 minute process) and bought a new one.

Clearly DJI doesn't understand the economics of good customer support and was willing to use up hours of their support persons time, a returned/used $1000 product, and a dissatisfied customer to save a couple bucks on a faulty part.

This illustrates my point that if you see a product defect within days of purchase it’s always going to be quicker and easier to exchange the defective product at the store where you bought it. That’s why retailers, including Amazon, have return periods.

its just a prop,dji is a busy company too busy to mess with a prop

That's what is known as a "poor business decision."

If a customer like the OP returns their entire drone to the store because of one broken prop, how much money does DJI lose during that process? They have to give full credit back to the retailer for the returned drone, pay for shipping of the drone back to DJI, pay an employee to actually fix the problem, pay for any replacement parts, and after all that they can't even sell the refurbished drone as new, so they take another loss when they resell it. All of this adds up to hundreds of dollars, plus inalculable intangible costs such as loss of customer goodwill and damage to DJI's reputation.

Now let's compare that with the cost of just sending out a new prop or a new charger, no questions asked, to a customer who reports a problem. The cost is minimal, the customer is happy, and he goes around telling his friends what a great company DJI is and how great their products are, resulting in more sales and more happy customers.

The latter is what's known as a "good business decision."

If a customer like the OP returns their entire drone to the store because of one broken prop, how much money does DJI lose during that process? They have to give full credit back to the retailer for the returned drone, pay for shipping of the drone back to DJI, pay an employee to actually fix the problem, pay for any replacement parts, and after all that they can't even sell the refurbished drone as new, so they take another loss when they resell it. All of this adds up to hundreds of dollars, plus inalculable intangible costs such as loss of customer goodwill and damage to DJI's reputation.

Now let's compare that with the cost of just sending out a new prop or a new charger, no questions asked, to a customer who reports a problem. The cost is minimal, the customer is happy, and he goes around telling his friends what a great company DJI is and how great their products are, resulting in more sales and more happy customers.

But when DJI have the market by the short and curlies, you end up with an inferior drone going else where....so until there's real competition in the 1000 euro drone space....they will change tune when the time comes, until then.....

But when DJI have the market by the short and curlies, you end up with an inferior drone going else where....

Who said anything about going elsewhere? DJI loses tons of money even if the customer immediately buys another of the same model drone.

i agree completely,in my most i was being sarcastic
if a customer gets the shaft on a low priced item then higher priced items would be even worse.

guys sometimes just using the forum to post his feelings may be all the medicine thats needed,
he paid good money so its fair to expect good parts,i think we can all agree with this
It seems a number of us are tempted to use this forum as an anonymous place to vent our frustrations. Might be just another service we cheerfully provide. The hobby itself and the makers of our drone are notoriously frustrating at times.

My five years of experience with DJI is, if they systematically ignore your complaint, it is usually because they are unwilling to call you out for blaming them when they actually are not responsible, as is the case with this OPs bad prop. It's a Chinese cultural thing. They didn't do it and they know it but they are reluctant to say so. Saying nothing is the best approach for them.

knock on wood i havent had to use dji support but just recently i emailed them with regards to the dji goggles that are on sale online on thier site, i live in canada and i didnt want to get stuck with a huge duty or border invoice which has happend in the past, they messaged back stating the price is 349 us and thats including shippping to canada and all taxes as well, they said in writing if i get a bill at the border not to pay it but contact them and they will take care of it, i found that pretty reasuring, i am going to see if my local dealer can match that price if not ill pull the string on them online, unless a member here wants to sell his/hers haha, sorry not hijacking this thread

It seems a number of us are tempted to use this forum as an anonymous place to vent our frustrations. Might be just another service we cheerfully provide. The hobby itself and the makers of our drone are notoriously frustrating at times.

i see this alot
brand new member,frustrated comes asking for help and get cut up by some here and when he gets mad,then he is the bad guy

I bought a $2000 drone from Yuneeck, first one fell out the shy, one phone call they replaced it, paid shipping both ways. 2nd one flew away using there wizard, they refused till I sent 3 letters & returned there bundle, they replaced, with limited edition T-shirts. I love them
I heard dji CS sucks b4 I bought my pro, so far perfect operation hope I never need them. Like so many said small problems fix yourself & but @ Best Buy, HOBBY SHOP WILL NOT TAKE IT BACK, AFTER you walk out the door!!!!

I bought a $2000 drone from Yuneeck, first one fell out the shy, one phone call they replaced it, paid shipping both ways. 2nd one flew away using there wizard, they refused till I sent 3 letters & returned there bundle, they replaced, with limited edition T-shirts. I love them
I heard dji CS sucks b4 I bought my pro, so far perfect operation hope I never need them. Like so many said small problems fix yourself & but @ Best Buy, HOBBY SHOP WILL NOT TAKE IT BACK, AFTER you walk out the door!!!!
You should call your State Farm agent and ensure it it’s $60 a year

Here’s a idea the mods Should Create a section to discuss DJI Good or bad so it won’t be off topic in anyway! Or hurt anyone’s feelings on either side of the conversation! Maybe a Newbee section where new members can talk without getting bashed for being just that with questions the seasoned members don’t want to see!

Here’s a idea the mods Should Create a section to discuss DJI Good or bad so it won’t be off topic in anyway! Or hurt anyone’s feelings on either side of the conversation! Maybe a Newbee section where new members can talk without getting bashed for being just that with questions the seasoned members don’t want to see!
i agree,we have just that on our pontiac forum

i agree,we have just that on our pontiac forum

I still consider myself a newbee as far as drones go 2 months so some of my questions might seem obvious! But being a retired Network Administrator if someone asked me what a twisted pair is I would think hey this person really is wet behind the ears but I would take the time to explain it! You have to start somewhere! Nobody is born with the answers to the universe! Yea sure once and a while a troll comes along and at first it could be hard to tell if there questions are legitimate, but that’s life! Online or in person! Giving sarcastic answers doesn’t help anyone! It just shows the lack of maturity in a person!

I still consider myself a newbee as far as drones go 2 months so some of my questions might seem obvious! But being a retired Network Administrator if someone asked me what a twisted pair is I would think hey this person really is wet behind the ears but I would take the time to explain it! You have to start somewhere! Nobody is born with the answers to the universe! Yea sure once and a while a troll comes along and at first it could be hard to tell if there questions are legitimate, but that’s life! Online or in person! Giving sarcastic answers doesn’t help anyone! It just shows the lack of maturity in a person!
theres people that really spend their time helping others and theres people that scour threads looking to post sarcastic comments trying to bait people into making them mad,in time you'll know who is who

I been reading up a lot on drones because I was considering getting a Mavic Pro..
Why is it that Phantom and Mavic have such poor support considering how much these drones cost? I have read about the poor support these companies have in Amazon reviews and others..

I have read about the poor support these companies have in Amazon reviews and others..
I don't know that Amazon reviews are a great representation of the overall satisfaction of DJI drones. Lots of people like to flock there when they have a legit problem or even a problem caused by them. It seems very few people who enjoy their drones are spending the time to write a review.

its just like the good aspect is hardly known,we only see the negative side,i think this applies to most products

I don't know that Amazon reviews are a great representation of the overall satisfaction of DJI drones. Lots of people like to flock there when they have a legit problem or even a problem caused by them. It seems very few people who enjoy their drones are spending the time to write a review.

This is very true amazon does moderate the reviews to a point especially when it comes to products they sell! If you have certain negative things to say about amazon or how they handle things they tend to reject the reviews, I was a amazon seller for about a year and got out of it because amazon is very biased when it comes to third party sellers! The independent seller I think provide the best service because they aren’t running a company with thousands of employees and 100s of distribution centers! I’m not going to get into the fine details but if you find a good deal with a seller on amazon not a Prime or Shipped from Amazon I would support them over amazon itself! As far as the reviews you need to read between the lines and the comments (Comments are not moderated yet) that company goes to great lengths to make themselves look perfect! I was ripped off by amazon with a MPP package they sold me it was not as advertised (they did refund me for the mistake but it still left me with less than I paid for!) if I had known the people they have putting packages together don’t know what they are doing I would have skipped amazon and purchased from The Dji Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom