DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recovery of a crashed and drowned DJI Mavic 2 Pro

eaglewoodfilms

Reactions
Crashed and drowned my Mavic 2 Pro (due to unknown reasons, technical malfunction or bird strike) into a salty fjord in Norway on the Arctic Circle. Here's the story of its chilly recovery mission. Many thanks to the Norwegian Society for Sea Rescue and to everyone involved! Get DJI Care Refresh if you're taking your flying seriously! Stay safe and keep flying!

Reactions: eaglewoodfilms
If you would like to know why:
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
There are folks here that can probably help you.
DJI is already looking at the logs, but might give this a try as well out of curiosity.

Wow your luckier then most that lose their drone in the water. Great job to the rescue divers, hope you took them out to dinner and drinks.:)
They will get prints of my work :). No restaurants around where I am (an archipelago in the middle of nowhere). And this being Norway, a trip to a restaurant for 5 persons probably costs the same as the drone :D

Reactions: WAXMAN
There was a possibility of a bird strike, so lost prop would make sense. If it wasn’t attached properly it would be lost at the start of the flight, not the end.

There was a possibility of a bird strike, so lost prop would make sense. If it wasn’t attached properly it would be lost at the start of the flight, not the end.

I'd need to see the DAT file to distinguish the possible causes. Props can be lost later in flights - possibly due to failure of the locking mechanism.

It's weird that I only have 3 DAT files in the MCDatFlightRecords folder and none of them is FLY052.DAT.

I have only these, but based on the timestamps they're not from the final flight: 2019-02-04_14-09-22_FLY047.DAT and 2 more files

From what I've read there was a bug in firmware that made sure some DAT files are not being written.

Didn't I see all props in video when they recovered it???

Update from DJI.

1.The aircraft worked in GPS mode;
2.t=14:35,h=14.2m,d=150.3m, the aircraft flew in front-right direction after the pilot pushed pitch stick forward and roll stick to the right mostly, then it flipped and dropped.

Conclusion:
Not pilot fault, warranty.

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada