DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller battery storage for winter

Aaron

Reactions
What is the best way to store the remote controller for a few months so I don't harm the battery .like fully charged, half charged, 30% charged, does it make a difference.Anybody got any thoughts?

It’s my understanding at least for the Mavic batteries is 65% ,I don’t see why the controller battery to be any different

Reactions: Dragonfly
The controller battery will get discharged by the controller within one or two weeks until it's somewhat under 20% due to my experiences made. Just keep an eye on it all few weeks to avoid deep discharge.

The controller battery will get discharged by the controller within one or two weeks until it's somewhat under 20% due to my experiences made.
My Mavic remote controller has never discharged that quickly. Like any battery though, it will lose its charge over time.

What is the best way to store the remote controller for a few months so I don't harm the battery
Oddly enough, DJI has no recommendations for storing the Mavic remote controller. I like to keep mine anywhere between 30%-100% charged while in storage. I've done the same with all of my other DJI remote controllers over the past couple of years and never had any trouble with them.

Msinger thanks for your thoughts. I couldn't find any recommendations from DGI either so I'll go with yours.

My Mavic remote controller has never discharged that quickly. Like any battery though, it will lose its charge over time.
My experience with dji controller battery discharge slowly matches with GerdS. It will continue to lose about 2 to 3 % of battery per day until the capacity below say 20% then I have to recharge it again. The dji flight batteries as well as all other brand LIPO that I own do not have this issue. All my other brand LIPO can keep their battery capacity about the same for years.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31