DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair costs at DJI

rob2000gt

Reactions
can we make a sticky to help people get actual prices with labor for Mavic Pro and Platinum repairs from DJI. Allow those that have gotten repairs done to post the costs so if someone has something wrong they can get an idea of repair cost.

Left forward obstacle avoidance sensor.
Part $11
Labor $130 (2 hours)
No shipping charges
They replaced the drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLW8888
Gimbal Control Board $17.00
Bottom Shell $11.00
Gimbal Camera and Arm $159.00
Front Left Motor Arm $22.00
Middle Frame $4.00
Front Right Motor Arm $22.00
Service Charge $65.00/H

I wonder how I know all those prices;).
Edit:
All those parts take around 2 hours to install, thus, $130 for labor.

Gimbal Control Board $17.00
Bottom Shell $11.00
Gimbal Camera and Arm $159.00
Middle Frame $4.00
Front Right Motor Arm $22.00
Service Charge $65.00/H

I wonder how I know all those prices;).
Edit:
All those parts take around 2 hours to install, thus, $130 for labor.
did you serial number change?

I bought my Mavic from Dell w/the 2 year protection plan for an extra $19 (first time ever). it's already saved me $200. They will repair the drone up to 3 times for the total cost of parts and labor up to the cost of a replacement drone. After that, they will replace it with a new one... you have to use their repair facility and it was a 1 week turn around as opposed to 3-4 weeks from what Iv'e been reading when sent to California.

Reactions: Charn
Serial number is different wondering if the misdiagnosed the issue and just sent me another one

I bought my Mavic from Dell w/the 2 year protection plan for an extra $19 (first time ever). it's already saved me $200. They will repair the drone up to 3 times for the total cost of parts and labor up to the cost of a replacement drone. After that, they will replace it with a new one... you have to use their repair facility and it was a 1 week turn around as opposed to 3-4 weeks from what Iv'e been reading when sent to California.

19 bucks for a 2 year protection plan? That is incredible.

Amazing how many Front Left Motor Arms need replaced.

Gimbal Arm Module $59.00
Core Board Repair $288.00
Repair Service Fee $130.00 2 Hours

I understand the Gimbal Arm Module. Likely my fault for not taking the gimbal cover off. The Core Board Repair, while likely necessary, is solely due to the fact the SD Card slot quit functioning. Really! The Front Left Motor Arm is a mystery. The bird was flying just fine when I sent it in. Never even a rough landing. Think I will have a discussion with DJI.

They must do extreme diagnostics on the drone and found a motor out of spec. Which could be based on heat, load, or draw. I noticed on one of my mavics one time one of the motors were warmer than the others. Must be when they know you are paying for vs warrantee

They must do extreme diagnostics on the drone and found a motor out of spec. Which could be based on heat, load, or draw. I noticed on one of my mavics one time one of the motors were warmer than the others. Must be when they know you are paying for vs warrantee
Yeah that's probably it. Really though, they should send you an email saying "we found such and such a problem and it will cost $$$ to replace it, do you want us to do that?" It annoys me that they would charge you for something unrelated without telling you anything about it. Oh well, that's DJI I guess.

They send you an estimate before work is done you can question them but they deal with these all day so why question. It looks like 2 hours labor no matter what is done.

Based on the cost of things they are not making money off the parts only labor. But then they pay for shipping both ways then administration costs. They can’t be making any money off repairs.

They send you an estimate before work is done you can question them but they deal with these all day so why question. It looks like 2 hours labor no matter what is done.

Did you ever take your car to the dealer for an estimate to have it repaired out of warranty and then take it to a local repair shop foir an estimate? I have, many times, and it's usually half the price.

Reactions: JManges
65 an hour isn’t a lot of money when you pay the tech $20 an hour. Dealership charges $120 an hour pays up to $25 an hour plus charges extra for parts.

Based on the cost of things they are not making money off the parts only labor. But then they pay for shipping both ways then administration costs. They can’t be making any money off repairs.
I guess what I meant was the ability to choose what they do and don't do. My first crash was a fall from 3 feet up and, as I now understand it, it damaged the ribbon cable. They had me replace the entire gimbal assembly and both front arms (it flew fine). If I had been on this forum before that crash, I would 100% rather have sent it to Thunderdrones to have the ribbon replaced, but no, ended up with a $350ish bill:confused:.

Thunderdrones seem to be a good alternative and maybe they should post what they would charge vs dji. So they can get more business

Reactions: JManges
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan