DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH obstacle avoidance in action

Gerry65

Reactions
I attempted to fly to a friends place on Pensacola Beach. Stayed out over the water most of the way and got to their cove and lost RC signal. Had the RTH height set to 150 feet as I thought that was plenty high enough over the water. Well, RTH course is a straight line to the home point, right? Yup, it headed to a tall condo on the way back and would have cleared it if it wasn't for the the structure on the top of the building. You can hear my primal scream at that point...thank you Pink Floyd. It smartly stopped and rose up, reoriented, and continued home. Very nice feature and glad it worked as advertised. And, lesson learned...actually a few learned.
Dropbox - Mart & Deb Place.mov

I attempted to fly to a friends place on Pensacola Beach. Stayed out over the water most of the way and got to their cove and lost RC signal. Had the RTH height set to 150 feet as I thought that was plenty high enough over the water. Well, RTH course is a straight line to the home point, right? Yup, it headed to a tall condo on the way back and would have cleared it if it wasn't for the the structure on the top of the building. You can hear my primal scream at that point...thank you Pink Floyd. It smartly stopped and rose up, reoriented, and continued home. Very nice feature and glad it worked as advertised. And, lesson learned...actually a few learned.
Dropbox - Mart & Deb Place.mov
Is like your video is 72 kb or so... Not readable for my phone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78