DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dunial

Reactions
Reactions: Timster1973
I was just south of there 2 months ago -- in Vietnam but on the Chinese border with Yunnan Province. It's a spectacular area, but when I got within 2km of the border, Chinese telcos would grab my cell connection, force a download of China DJI software, and then demand a Mainland China phone number so I could "request" permission to fly. Needless to say, I didn't have one, so I'd have to get a few km's away from the border, re-load my software, and fly without China's permission.

The area is stunning and rugged. I'd love to explore it on the China side.

Beautful video!

I was just south of there 2 months ago -- in Vietnam but on the Chinese border with Yunnan Province. It's a spectacular area, but when I got within 2km of the border, Chinese telcos would grab my cell connection, force a download of China DJI software, and then demand a Mainland China phone number so I could "request" permission to fly. Needless to say, I didn't have one, so I'd have to get a few km's away from the border, re-load my software, and fly without China's permission.

Beautful video!

Thank you
I was just messaging a guy on here about the mainland China phone number. I didn't know it was a requirement. I bought a SIM when I was there in May to get around anyway, but apparently, that new law came into effect in June. I was very lucky. I wonder if any of the NFZ's around tourist sites have changed?

Beautful video!
This is new to me, there is no way to turn off auto download?

This is new to me, there is no way to turn off auto download?
In this one locale, no -- unless you turned your phone off. But it would finish again as long as you were in reach of a chinese telco.

Thank you
I was just messaging a guy on here about the mainland China phone number. I didn't know it was a requirement. I bought a SIM when I was there in May to get around anyway, but apparently, that new law came into effect in June. I was very lucky. I wonder if any of the NFZ's around tourist sites have changed?
I've heard that the drone laws in China are amongst the least restrictive, as long as they know who you are.

I saw drones flying in shanghai CBD. needless to say the drone laws are lax :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22