DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Share your best vertical drone photos

I love this image. Color, composition, everything. If this were mine, I would print and hang it...

I am trying to figure out the three black figures at the top left.

Nice work.

Paul

Thanks! It was a random shot, (I was actually out taking pictures of the sunset, but I flipped the camera straight down to help me get back to base and liked what I saw). When I got it back home it turned out to be the shot from the evening I liked the most. I wish I'd played around with it a bit more, but since it's only 5 minutes from the house, I suspect I'll be back there soon enough :).

The highway is Interstate 40, so I suspect the three black marks are probably a tire (for the one closest to the center of the frame) and the marks where it either blew out or otherwise bounced/scraped on the ground before final destruction.

San Pedro Da

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181006-170241_Dropbox.jpg
    Screenshot_20181006-170241_Dropbox.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 28
my hunting land with fall colors
Mavic pro nd8 polar pro at dusk
Wisconsin USADJI_0081.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Porky
Friends cabin hidden in woods with waterslide and pond. Fall colors
Wisconsin USADJI_0144.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: JDawg
DJI_0614.JPG
Emerald Bay - Lake Tahoe, NV -
Directly above Fannette Island

Geography Location Lake TahoeCoordinates
17px-WMA_button2b.png
38.9540745°N 120.1004631°WCoordinates:
17px-WMA_button2b.png
38.9540745°N 120.1004631°W

Fannette Island is the only island in Lake Tahoe, California/Nevada, United States. It lies within Emerald Bay, on the California side of the lake. Over a long period of time, it was called many different names, including Coquette, Fanette, Baranoff, Dead Man's, Hermit's, and Emerald Isle. Fannette Island is a part of Emerald Bay State Park. It is accessible by boat, canoe, or kayak. Swimming to the island is not allowed, due to hazards including extremely cold waters and boat traffic in the area.
The ruins of a small stone building stand on the island. This ruin is the "Tea House", constructed by Mrs. Lora Josephine Knight, the owner of Vikingsholm.
Fannette Island was the home of Captain **** "Them's my toes" Barter from 1863 to 1873. The eccentric captain had moved from England and built his own tomb and chapel on the island. He enjoyed sailing but almost died when caught in a sudden storm rowing back to the island. He survived by tying himself to his dinghy and riding out the storm. Unfortunately he got frostbite in two toes and earned his nickname from his penchant of showing his self-amputated toes to guests. Ironically, he was never interred in the chapel he built, as he was lost in a storm off Rubicon Point in 1873.

deleted this shot as it was not a overhead shot

Last edited:
Reactions: JDawg
Thanks very much to those who take the few seconds to let the viewer know the general area where the picture was taken.

Reactions: The realdazzler
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom