DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Share your best vertical drone photos

There is nothing legal about photography from above in that situation. You are not allowed in the vicinity of an airport, with your drone, let alone be in the landing approach path and shooting down on a landing aircraft. Please explain for us all, how in the world you deemed such a shot, assuming it was real, would be legal?

All legal that’s why I posted

Stunt photography

Ahhh, I'm relieved to hear that it was, as you say "stunt" photography. That was, I say again, an excellent job, getting the sunlight and shadows perfectly aligned with those on the ground. I'd love to see more of your work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slim.slamma
Ahhh, I'm relieved to hear that it was, as you say "stunt" photography. That was, I say again, an excellent job, getting the sunlight and shadows perfectly aligned with those on the ground.
If you have Dropbox, I could upload the Raw still for you, so you could 3077844E-E458-4481-8AAD-54F5B683BA76.jpeg
edit with your preferred software.

Authentic

Again No Worries Sir

Reactions: GunsN and Porky
So true, I used to hang out of a Cessna !! Now use the Drone!

There is nothing legal about photography from above in that situation. You are not allowed in the vicinity of an airport, with your drone, let alone be in the landing approach path and shooting down on a landing aircraft. Please explain for us all, how in the world you deemed such a shot, assuming it was real, would be legal?

I think it's wise to hold back such comments unless you know all the facts. Slim.Slamma may tell us where the photo was taken, but I know of at least one such location where this photo would be perfectly legal: LAX.

Did you know there is a VFR Corridor at right angles to all four runways directly above the airport? You don't even need a flight plan to fly it VFR. Its on the Sectionals. I've flown it a number of times and it is WAY COOL. Further more, your assumption seems to be that he took it with a UAS. Not necessarily the case. It could have been taken from a helicopter flying through that corridor perfectly legally. No Photoshop involved at all. Sometimes it's useful to take posters here at their word.
BTW: Great photo!

Oh, and by the way, I did a little research...

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/daredevil-photographer-jin-woo-prensena/index.html

The guy is a Master.

Last edited:
I think it's wise to hold back such comments unless you know all the facts. Slim.Slamma may tell us where the photo was taken, but I know of at least one such location where this photo would be perfectly legal: LAX.

Did you know there is a VFR Corridor at right angles to all four runways directly above the airport? You don't even need a flight plan to fly it VFR. Its on the Sectionals. I've flown it a number of times and it is WAY COOL. Further more, your assumption seems to be that he took it with a UAS. Not necessarily the case. It could have been taken from a helicopter flying through that corridor perfectly legally. No Photoshop involved at all. Sometimes it's useful to take posters here at their word.
BTW: Great photo!

Oh, and by the way, I did a little research...

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/daredevil-photographer-jin-woo-prensena/index.html

The guy is a Master.

You wrote:
"your assumption seems to be that he took it with a UAS" Duhh, have you read the heading of this thread?? Of course that was assumed, why would you not assume that, since that is the heading? I think it's wiser to pay attention to the heading of this list which states... "Share your best vertical drone photos" with Drone being the operative word. Therefore, anyone posting a photo here would be assumed to have taken the photo as it states, with their Drone and if not, they really should be stating that it was not taken with their drone.

Had the heading been "Post your vertical photos here" there would have been no problem what-so-ever, and no comment on the photo, as great as his photo is, I'm not disputing that. There are no locations where such a photo would be legal to take, if it was taken, as the heading stated, "..Vertical Drone Photo". My comment was regarding a photo posted under this heading and I assumed the poster was following that direction. I made the effort to address the taking of such a photo because of the idiots out there who do actually fly their drones in areas that are totally forbidden for them to fly a Drone.

I am a pilot and I also enjoy flying my drone, I just don't like to see idiots fly where they should not and then have that negatively impact the freedom of flying a drone that we all currently enjoy. I don't want further restriction of our drone flying as I don't want to see further GA flight restrictions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13