DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

shooting at a drone report

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just hope the person with the gun ,gets some form of punishment ,that fits the gravity of what he did

I read the subject and presumed 'murica.
Does anyone know what type/model pistol is? looks like BB gun or s'thing to me

Moved to correct forum

Reactions: dirkclod
That looked like an air gun to me. Exactly as reported. It also said an air rifle was also seized
The video kind pf backs up the story that is being reported, but i guess anything can be faked.
But why?

(sorry deleted my previous post as I'm trying to find more facts than what these local journalists report)
It's in the Daily Fail too after doing a search I found it here Journalistic garbage

Following a technical examination by police, the pistol was assessed to be an air rifle.

Either the journalistic content is utter crap or the examiner needs to look up what the difference is between a rifle and a handgun/pistol.
I would question both TBH

Screenshot_20220825_054542.pngScreenshot_20220825_054514.pngScreenshot_20220825_054346.png

AIR PISTOL/GUN

Can't wait for the follow-up to this and hear the outcome.
Something tells me the Drone pilot will be given a caution!

Last edited:
Cant imagine why the pilot would get a caution, seems he was licensed and conducting his business legally.
Not sure what your point with the weapon is. Looks like a gel gun to me and plenty of these available in the UK. ( as well as here in Australia- i own quite a few and they are very authentic looking)

Just trying to find out the exact model of gun..I doubt it's a kids gel toy gun. At the very least it looks like a 22' pellet gun, I mean look at the size of that barrel:oops:
Not everyone follows all drone rules! (privacy seems the issue here)

Just trying to find out the exact model of gun..I doubt it's a kids gel toy gun. At the very least it looks like a 22' pellet gun, I mean look at the size of that barrel:oops:
Yep, i have one just like it. All metal construction with CO2 cartridge ,And it hits ‘hard’ so i probably wouldnt class it as a toy

Reactions: SpinItUp
Lol.
But now looking at it closer, it doesnt even have a hammer mechanism, so maybe not even an air/gel gun at all
64E69353-9AD6-4A00-9766-304C45493C64.jpeg

Reactions: SpinItUp
It may be a Gell Co2 canister gun actually going by the stamp on the barrel which I think reads G 10

Edit found it (only a 177 but still highly illegal to go waving around in public, let alone pointing in the direction of anyone)
A repeater too, so it may have had rounds in while he was confronting the man with the droneo_O

Come at me Bro...I got a lens!
H3918-L98902939.jpg

Reactions: JTZ
Give him credit, it looks like his thumb had the safety catch engaged
Oh and a terrible aim/shot for missing it (the drone)

Put evidence on the MP forum and get the real news;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25