DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I buy it?

Eagle430

Reactions
I found a good deal from an online shop for a Mavic pro 2
The drone is brand new sealed and the seller assured me that I have one year warranty from DJI official and also two years warranty from the seller.
I insisted on showing me an original receipt to confirm it was bought from an authorised DJI retailer/seller
The seller have sent me the original receipt that it was indeed from an authorised DJI retailer, however the date of purchase was 18 November 2019. I have two questions if you can help me :
1. The warranty from DJI is activated when I activate/register the drone or is it running from the date of the receipt?
2. Even if the warranty is starting from the day of the drone's activation according to the original purchase the drone was bought almost one year ago. So my question is will there be any risk of a problem with the battery since it was sitting with out any charge in the box for 1 year even if the battery is brand new ?

The drone is brand new sealed and the seller assured me that I have one year warranty from DJI official and also two years warranty from the seller.
I insisted on showing me an original receipt to confirm it was bought from an authorised DJI retailer/seller
The seller have sent me the original receipt that it was indeed from an authorised DJI retailer, however the date of purchase was 18 November 2019. I have two questions if you can help me :
1. The warranty from DJI is activated when I activate/register the drone or is it running from the date of the receipt?
2. Even if the warranty is starting from the day of the drone's activation according to the original purchase the drone was bought almost one year ago. So my question is will there be any risk of a problem with the battery since it was sitting with out any charge in the box for 1 year even if the battery is brand new ?

If they do not flash, are not showing signs of swelling and you can get all the updates, you may be ok, on the DJI form they ask for the date of Purchase.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Pro in the Rain and Float on Water.

DJI warranties are from date of delivery and not date of activation. If this product was purchased on Nov 18th, 2020 then the one year main warranty is just about to expire, and the 6-month battery warranty has already expired.

Here is the exact language from the DJI warranty:
The warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, If you cannot provide invoice or other valid proof of purchase, then the warranty period will start from 90 days after the shipping date that shows on the product, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
If you trust the dealer's warranty's that's all you need to know. To learn about the battery someone is going to have to unseal the box. I really can't remember what type of sealing the DJI drones are delivered with but you have to register the drone with DJI to fly it so you will know if it is in fact new. The Battery is probably ok but if it's truly a good deal..the battery is a small consideration. Keep in mind the old rule..if the deal sounds too good...etc etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun