DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sick of Disconnects, plus...

flyNfrank

Reactions
.....and Plus all the other stupid crap that's been going along with it. Are these disconnects happening with the ios operating system using 4.0.4, or is it just the 4.0.2 android version?

It's extremely rare for me to say this, but I have my nVidia K1 Shield, R/C, and Mavic pro all with the most recent firmware. I have what appears to be inconsistent disconnects each flight. The disconnects seem to happen at different points of the flight which makes it very difficult to put a finger on a possible cause. I also have a tilted horizon that goes unchanged even after doing a IMU calibration.

I'm ready to go back to 4.0.1 or something other then a screwed up version. Btw, I beta tested firmware for dji last year and the beta testers did everything to make sure the app's and aircraft firmware was spot on by the time the project time ended. And on several instances the beta admin's would make untested changes and publish it with no testing. And every time it took place, there was issues that are NO attention to unless the aircraft is dropping out of the sky.

Reactions: Lenny
.....and Plus all the other stupid crap that's been going along with it. Are these disconnects happening with the ios operating system using 4.0.4, or is it just the 4.0.2 android version?

It's extremely rare for me to say this, but I have my nVidia K1 Shield, R/C, and Mavic pro all with the most recent firmware. I have what appears to be inconsistent disconnects each flight. The disconnects seem to happen at different points of the flight which makes it very difficult to put a finger on a possible cause. I also have a tilted horizon that goes unchanged even after doing a IMU calibration.

I'm ready to go back to 4.0.1 or something other then a screwed up version. Btw, I beta tested firmware for dji last year and the beta testers did everything to make sure the app's and aircraft firmware was spot on by the time the project time ended. And on several instances the beta admin's would make untested changes and publish it with no testing. And every time it took place, there was issues that are NO attention to unless the aircraft is dropping out of the sky.

I kept getting disconnects and thought it was the app. I think it's the charge port on the remote. Use the USB port on the bottom of your controller. My disconnects stopped.

The charge port on the remote has bad connectivity. I used my lightning cable on from my iPhone. Solid connection.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: feno_thedon
With my I-Pad Mini I have never had a disconnect. This is on the Mavic and the P4.

Reactions: Cimriver

I had the same problem is was using ipad mini 4 it had been working great then started having disconnects it was the USB cable was bad it came with the mavic but I only used it for a month and went bad I bought a new 6" 90 degree angle cable it works great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using MavicPilots mobile app

4.0.2 android here and No disconnects with S7 edge. So seemingly related to your hardware config and usage.
How are you connecting in the first place? Are you having DJIGo launch automatically when you insert the USB or some other process? Do you kill all other apps routinely prior to flying with DJIGo?

Been using it on my mini since it came out and no issues at all .
I fly a lot too.

Reactions: Fplvert
Latest versions of everything with no disconnects or glitches. Old Samsung S4. In fact, since the latest upgrade yesterday, latency and range seem improved. Knocking on wood.

While reading this thread I keep finding a common problem. The people that are using the flat cables that came with the controller are having problems. The people that have bought longer cables and use the bottom port are not having problems. Here are the cables that I use.
Amazon.com: iPhone Charger Cable, Cambond Apple MFi Certified 1.0ft 8 Pin Nylon Braided Lightning USB Sync Charger Cord for iPhone 7 7 Plus 5 5s 5c 6 6 plus iPad Air, mini2, iPad 4th iPod 5th iPod nano 7th (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: Anker PowerLine+ Micro USB (1ft) The Premium Durable Cable [Double Braided Nylon] for Samsung, Nexus, LG, Motorola, Android Smartphones and More: Electronics

I have the problem with both controller ports and a high dollar cable with my nVidia Shield K1 with DJI GO 4 but not as much with the older DJI GO, I've never had a disconnect with Litchi so I am sure it is an incompatibility with the DJI GO 4 app. It is a little better if I kill all app and turn off wifi before I fly.

I have the problem with both controller ports and a high dollar cable with my nVidia Shield K1 with DJI GO 4 but not as much with the older DJI GO, I've never had a disconnect with Litchi so I am sure it is an incompatibility with the DJI GO 4 app. It is a little better if I kill all app and turn off wifi before I fly.

If you are killing other apps and there is an improvement, it would say that the tablet is having trouble with too many processes running. I just can't see the nVidia k1 struggling with too many processes. It would be the one tablet that should never have that kind of issue. As you know, the nVidia has a feature that allows you to adjust how much power and processes apps can use.

I also have a mini2 that I never gets used that I may try. But I leaning towards going to the older app version.

4.0.2 android here and No disconnects with S7 edge. So seemingly related to your hardware config and usage.
How are you connecting in the first place? Are you having DJIGo launch automatically when you insert the USB or some other process? Do you kill all other apps routinely prior to flying with DJIGo?

nVidia K1 Shield
Connect using the mini usb on the tablet to the usb on bottom of controller.
Android 7.0
app 4.0.2
Firmware: v01.03.0400
Dji GO4 no app kill.

Reactions: Terry Rodell
nVidia K1 Shield
Android 7.0
app 4.0.2
Dji GO4 no app kill.

So why not try app kill and see if that improves things?

If you are killing other apps and there is an improvement, it would say that the tablet is having trouble with too many processes running.
There could simply be conflict between two apps without the device running out of resources. I have a S7 edge and the same could be said for it wrt to too many processes but I still kill all apps first.

Does the bottom USB allow for android to auto start DJIGo4 app on connection? Anecdotally auto start has lead to more robust android connects so I use this.

If it was me I would clean install Go to get rid of old stuff.

Sync DJIGo4 flight records so they are on the DJI server
Uninstall DJIGO4 (and DJIGO) if you still have it on you tablet.
Then manually go in to File Manager and delete any DJI related folders
Re install latest DJIGo4 and configure it as you like.

Then to FLY
Kill all apps as a last step prior to connection of the USB between controller and tablet.
Connect cable to launch DJIGo4 using the default app prompt. (ie do not launch DJIGo4 first)

You can still start one or two other apps like screen recorders if need be or start other apps later on in flight if you wish.

This process fixed android connection issues I had early on with the S7 and has worked reliably for me for hundreds of flights since. Not sure which of the three steps (clean install, kill other apps, Trigger DJIGo launch by USB insertion) fixed things for me but the result is a robust configuration.

I also have a mini2 that I never gets used that I may try. But I leaning towards going to the older app version.
You should try the Mini 2 from reports on the forum, iOS devices are just running better. I don't really think it is the Android OS or devices. I think the Android App has issues. I sense that DJI puts a bit more emphasis on the iOS version.

So why not try app kill and see if that improves things?

There could simply be conflict between two apps without the device running out of resources. I have a S7 edge and the same could be said for it wrt to too many processes but I still kill all apps first.

Does the bottom USB allow for android to auto start DJIGo4 app on connection? Anecdotally auto start has lead to more robust android connects so I use this.

If it was me I would clean install Go to get rid of old stuff.

Sync DJIGo4 flight records so they are on the DJI server
Uninstall DJIGO4 (and DJIGO) if you still have it on you tablet.
Then manually go in to File Manager and delete any DJI related folders
Re install latest DJIGo4 and configure it as you like.

Then to FLY
Kill all apps as a last step prior to connection of the USB between controller and tablet.
Connect cable to launch DJIGo4 using the default app prompt. (ie do not launch DJIGo4 first)

You can still start one or two other apps like screen recorders if need be or start other apps later on in flight if you wish.

This process fixed android connection issues I had early on with the S7 and has worked reliably for me for hundreds of flights since. Not sure which of the three steps (clean install, kill other apps, Trigger DJIGo launch by USB insertion) fixed things for me but the result is a robust configuration.
Wow if it is necessary to do all that, I'm liking my decision to go with the iPAD Mini 2 more and more.

I have never had a lockup, but I do put my nearby phone in Airplane Mode and turn Wi-Fi off on the Mini.

Wow if it is necessary to do all that, I'm liking my decision to go with the iPAD Mini 2 more and more.
Do all that hah.

So my process is tap 1 button and press close all. Then connect USB cable to phone and at the prompt allow it to start the offered app DJIGo4. ALL THAT.

nVidia k1, DJI GO 4, Crashes
nVidia K1 Shield
Android 7.0
app 4.0.2
Dji GO4 no app kill.

Same set-up and problem here flyNfrank!
I have disabled all apps I am not using.
App auto starts after MP connects to RC just fine
App crashes 2-3 times running through 3 batteries. Video starts to lag and then freeze, then disconnect/ app crash.
Sometimes the app restarts by itself, other times I have to restart it
This all started after updating to Nougat and DJI Go 4, 4.0.2 before that it was relatively trouble-free and was pretty happy with the set-up.
I did notice that my first flight/battery is usually app crash free.
I have been restarting the RC and MP for the battery swap, but not the app. (worked fine before these updates)
Tomorrow I will try shutting the app down between batteries and see if that makes any difference.

Well since making my last post above I went and made another flight to see if anything stood out if another disconnect happened. And sure enough I did experience another disconnect.

I researched data I converted from the Mavic's internal flight log. I wasn't able to see anything with huge redflags attached to it, but I did have something happen that later got me thinking could be what is causing my trouble. I have both the GO app and GO4 installed. I think this is possibly contributing to a communication issue. I have not used the GO app since this past Nov. However, when I powered up the R/C the GO app started when it should have been the GO4 app. I hadn't removed the GO app due to still having my P3 pro. But I'm going to remove it now and see if any improvements come from it.

One other thing I noticed, each time my disconnects have taken place is happening when I'm flying into a semi-strong headwind. At this point I again feel there is some app confusion taking place.

Frank, you have the mini, give 'er a try. I run the mini 2 and have never has an issue, and I always update to all latest firmware(s). I also have the P3P and the MP.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007