DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Since I bought my mavic, always crash... so sad

that rapid beeping sounds like the obstacle avoidance beep to me. Are the sensors blocked somehow? Maybe its taking off and thinking its about to crash, so it crashes to avoid a crash? :)

Dear Mavic Pilots,
Since I bought my mavic pro one month ago, I couldn´t fly it, because each try, it takes off, and then drifts to the right, and crashes against the floor. Its been now about 6 times I tried it, and still happens the same.
When the Drone arrived from amazon, I made all the set ups from fabric, and updates and calibrations.

One update took so long that the drone batterys that was about 80% runned out off power, and had to do it again, with 100% battery.

I tried it, indoors, outdoors, garden and also in areally big and dessert field, and still the same, always drifting to the right, and crashing. I am grateful the drone has no damage, even if it crashed violently against floor and 2 times on trees.

I live in Vienna, so I thought the problem was of the gps regulations, because I live in the town center, and close to importante embassys, and in the "AIRMAP" app for iphone, where I live, it shows that is a really restricted area. So I took the car and went really far away in the countryside, where there are no restrictions, and still the same problem.

Contacted DJI support, the guy told me to change some settings like mac. altitude to 151 ft instead of 150, and turning off begginers mode. He told me to try it outside my house, and with this changes the drone would work perfectly. I did all he said, and the drone still crashing, everywhere violently. My wife and I spent our savings in this drone to work, and we are really sad we cant make it work. We are really frustrated.
If anyone can help it will be so welcome for us.
Thanks a lot in Advance

H
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
This has to be a GPS issue.

Make sure your downward facing sensors are not obstructed. At low altitude the MP relies on these instead of GPS to hold position.

Thank you for your advice about controller sticks. Controllers were recalibrated and problem still there. Talked to Mavic guys at dji.com ... told me to send it into the service... now Im waiting for the label sticker to arrive home in Vienna... the sticker had to arrive on friday, didnt happen.... Wish me good luck.... i dont know what else to do

sorry to hear that recalibrating controller did not help. Sounds like thunderdrones is right and you may have a bad motor. That sucks!! I wish you the best with getting it replaced.

In the video I can hear the proximity alarm beeping, did you take off the little plastic covers on the front ones, maybe that's influencing the Mavic's flight.

Dear Mavic Pilots,
Since I bought my mavic pro one month ago, I couldn´t fly it, because each try, it takes off, and then drifts to the right, and crashes against the floor. Its been now about 6 times I tried it, and still happens the same.
When the Drone arrived from amazon, I made all the set ups from fabric, and updates and calibrations.

One update took so long that the drone batterys that was about 80% runned out off power, and had to do it again, with 100% battery.

I tried it, indoors, outdoors, garden and also in areally big and dessert field, and still the same, always drifting to the right, and crashing. I am grateful the drone has no damage, even if it crashed violently against floor and 2 times on trees.

I live in Vienna, so I thought the problem was of the gps regulations, because I live in the town center, and close to importante embassys, and in the "AIRMAP" app for iphone, where I live, it shows that is a really restricted area. So I took the car and went really far away in the countryside, where there are no restrictions, and still the same problem.

Contacted DJI support, the guy told me to change some settings like mac. altitude to 151 ft instead of 150, and turning off begginers mode. He told me to try it outside my house, and with this changes the drone would work perfectly. I did all he said, and the drone still crashing, everywhere violently. My wife and I spent our savings in this drone to work, and we are really sad we cant make it work. We are really frustrated.
If anyone can help it will be so welcome for us.
Thanks a lot in Advance

H
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
Just wondering.....maybe worth trying to fly with the Dji simulation. Atleist you can tweak some settings with ruining your drone. I'm guessing that the simulation dosent vary from drone to drone...but if it shows how your particular drone flying in the sim you may see what problems you have. I know with my 1st $100 drone it did the same as your due to calibration. Good luck bro!

Even with no GPS the drone should be fairly stable. There is something wrong.

Ddear M Pilots, thanks for your help and comments.
I finally sent the drone to DJi facilities. They told me there was a problem with the “Compass Board”, and this was an anomaly of the drone from fabric. They charged no cost of repair. Now I want to buy the dji care if I am able to... i will check with dji service.
Thanks a lot
All the best
H

Reactions: Callum
Ddear M Pilots, thanks for your help and comments.
I finally sent the drone to DJi facilities. They told me there was a problem with the “Compass Board”, and this was an anomaly of the drone from fabric. They charged no cost of repair. Now I want to buy the dji care if I am able to... i will check with dji service.
Thanks a lot
All the best
H
I don't know what's up with the Gps\Compass modules on the Mavic... Seems to me it's not a guarantee thing since it happened to me too (3 flights on a brand spanking new drone)... Everyone's drone might be fine to a certain point but it's like more of a matter when is the Gps\Compass gonna fail... U could be flying & it decides to fail then what are u going to do about it..? Not everyone's a "pro" n can control an out of control $1000 machine from killing its self...

At least it seems DJI has identified a hardware problem and is fixing it.
I would also be very certain about the plastic on the sensors being removed, otherwise it will go into obstacle avoidance mode, but I don't think that is the issue. Once you get it back re calibrate everything for your area before flying, and do not fly the Mavic in your house.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4