DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller to replace Standard Controller - Question.

Bellavance

Reactions
If I purchase the Smart Controller, will I miss some of the info provided on the Standard Controller's screen, or does it show all the info from both the SD and the iPhone attached to it?

That information is repeated in Go4 so the only difference is, if the SC crashes (which seems to be rare,) you won't have the telemetry info that would have been on the original RC to fly back. And if the signal is lost, you'll still have an RTH event. But, if you're in VLOS, it should be no problem bringing her back manually.

All the same information is displayed. There is no evidence to suggest the smart controller is more or less likely to have an issue than the actual Mavic controller, so the risk of losing telemetry data would be the same.

As mentioned above, if you're flying legally, it would be easy to bring the drone home even if you lost all display info if for some reason it didn't RTH automatically (which it should do under any normal circumstances after signal loss or bring prompted with the H button).

I don’t think all of the info on the standard controller dot matrix LED display is duplicated on the Smart Controller?

I don’t have the standard controller to compare directly but I have a friend who does and for instance the motor rpm is only shown on the original controller for example.

Taking a quick look at the M2 manual it looks like that might be the only info not reported in the Go4 app so not sure how important that might be to you?

Although a nice to have for me it was not a need to have and the Smart Controller is a lovely piece of kit so much so that my friend now has one on order!

Hope that helps?

-=Glyn=-

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan