DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So Illegal

Yes

I was referring to the handrail . He videoed or someone did in that clip from the top of whatever building he was on top of .
I've looked at it some more, and you're right. The circular shape is not the Monument downtown. I don't know what it is, but it looks like he's flying from around Grand Circus Park. It's not controlled airspace. I would hope there was a TFR for that date.

In my opinion, this is exactly the kind of footage the FAA needs to demonstrate the need for more regulations. "Obviously the regs are currently insufficient to prevent this type of risky behavior". The public doesn't see the thousands of us who follow the rules. It's the daredevils the rules skirters that get the attention. Then their imagination takes over and adds in all kinds of potential invasion of privacy concerns etc. and voila' unsubstantiated fears increase the demand for more oversight.
Well I'm not sure how fears can be "unsubstantiated" when you have hard evidence of people doing stupid and illegal stuff.

At first I thought it was just a zoomed lens shot from a ground-based camera; then I saw the prop blades in the top corners.

And you wonder why we responsible pilots get a bad name :)

@tca
Not sure what your asking. Yes I know who posted the video
see post #53. No I havn’t a clue who made the video.
. It's not controlled airspace. I would hope there was a TFR for that date.
Read post#12 here. Don’t seem it was.

are ALL drones unsafe or just the minority of operators?
are ALL guns unsafe or just the minority of owners?
are ALL dogs unsafe or just the minority of owners?
etc etc

I think that inconsiderate and ill considered are possibly understatements in this case. The OP obviously never for one second stopped to consider the consequences for those of us who really are striving to fly responsibly and legally. One isn't sure whether to feel mad or sad over this!
Discipline also doesn't appear to figure largely in the OP's vocabulary.

I think that inconsiderate and ill considered are possibly understatements in this case. The OP obviously never for one second stopped to consider the consequences for those of us who really are striving to fly responsibly and legally. One isn't sure whether to feel mad or sad over this!
Discipline also doesn't appear to figure largely in the OP's vocabulary.
This isn’t about the OP so don’t start there. Stay on Topic.

Sorry, my mistake, I meant the pilot of the drone.
Apologies for the mistake.
Had a late night and the eyes and fingers are not cooperating at the moment!!!!
Once again, please accept my apologies.
Totally understand. ?

It didn't look as though the video at first was shot with the drone by the way the video was moving around. Looked more like from a phone or video camera but the final shots were definitely from a drone.
Yes you see the props so it’s some of both.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s