DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So who's lost the buzz NOW!

So who else has lost that loving feel toward Mavic?

• Total voters
I ordered mine on the 4th. I have yet to muster the nerve to tell my wife. So, while the excitement of delivery is there, the dread of having to confront the inevitable is muting that excitement a bit.
Hahahahahaha.. Oh man.. I totally get this! My wife was not happy with my P3 purchase over a year ago. She walked up behind me while I was looking at the glorious Mavic and she says, are you getting a new drone?? I took that as permission. She knows I ordered it but I can tell she isn't happy about it though. Now try to logic this... We are currently in the process of doing $20k upgrades to the house that she wants... Women.... o_O

And that's a bad thing????
Not really but would be nice to have an interest in "something"... LOL
MTB - no interest
Shooting - no interest
Drone - no interest
Getting out of the house - no interest
Cabela's - no interest
Hobby Lobby - Oh she will definitely do that but I have no interest... o_O

I think I will wait and see how this gets sorted out. What do you think? Pilot error or defect?

I think I will wait and see how this gets sorted out. What do you think? Pilot error or defect?
Did you calibrate the compass properly . It looks like toilet bowl effect due to a bad compass calibration . You said this happened earlier . What did you do in between flights ? Did you do an imu calibration and a compass calibration?

Did you calibrate the compass properly . It looks like toilet bowl effect due to a bad compass calibration . You said this happened earlier . What did you do in between flights ? Did you do an imu calibration and a compass calibration?
It is not my video. As I said, I am waiting to see how this gets sorted out before I order one. The pilot said he did a compass calibration. IMU calibration is not recommended.

It is not my video. As I said, I am waiting to see how this gets sorted out before I order one. The pilot said he did a compass calibration. IMU calibration is not recommended.
Yeah, a compass calibration in a parking lot near vehicles. He needs to go to an open field, empty everything from his pockets, then calibrate.

Reactions: BD0G
I understand a drone might get confused if it is not calibrated correctly but why did it fly backwards ?? if it had lost connection to the controller and also maybe gps should it have not gone up to the default RTH hight and then decended to its landing hight ??

Yeah, a compass calibration in a parking lot near vehicles. He needs to go to an open field, empty everything from his pockets, then calibrate.

This ^

Also IMU Calibration IS recommended any time there is significant impact or jostling of the Mavic Pro.
Checking IMU values first would also be recommended.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada