DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some Mavic Pro guidance in dealing with your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend

LakeTravis

Reactions
The other night I was playing around.... err... I mean learning more about my Mavic Pro and my girlfriend said "you love that thing, don't you?". to which I replied "I would marry it if I could!". WARNING, this is NOT the right response!!!! I could probably buy a new Phantom 4 Pro+, extra batteries, charging hub, lots of props, DJI Care and who knows WHAT else for what that faux pax is going to cost me!! Just a head's up!

The other night I was playing around.... err... I mean learning more about my Mavic Pro and my girlfriend said "you love that thing, don't you?". to which I replied "I would marry it if I could!". WARNING, this is NOT the right response!!!! I could probably buy a new Phantom 4 Pro+, extra batteries, charging hub, lots of props, DJI Care and who knows WHAT else for what that faux pax is going to cost me!! Just a head's up!
OH MAN!!, that was a MAJOR fail. You must be young, us older guy's learned long ago to never to let stuff like that pass our lips, does not make for a happy relationship :)

Reactions: Romi
OH MAN!!, that was a MAJOR fail. You must be young, us older guy's learned long ago to never to let stuff like that pass our lips, does not make for a happy relationship :)

Actually, I bet I'm older than you, at 62 (everyone says I don't look it).. but she's only 41... I guess I've never learned, which is why I have two ex wives... this one is a definite keeper (no reason to marry her though), I mean heck, she likes this old fart, and she's adorable. ;)

Of course, being semi-retired, driving a nice car, having a place on the lake and boat just like the one in the picture does seem to attract lovely young ladies. I won't dispute that fact.

lol, that's pretty funny! I guess I'm a lucky one because my wife knows that my bike and my RC stuff are my mistresses. I always tell her when I buy something new, "Hey, I could be at the bar". Although with the Mavic, it was a mutual purchase because I had to let her get another cat. Well not just a regular cat, a Sphinx that costs pretty close to what I paid for the Mavic. lol. IMG_1499.JPG

lol, that's pretty funny! I guess I'm a lucky one because my wife knows that my bike and my RC stuff are my mistresses. I always tell her when I buy something new, "Hey, I could be at the bar". Although with the Mavic, it was a mutual purchase because I had to let her get another cat. Well not just a regular cat, a Sphinx that costs pretty close to what I paid for the Mavic. lol. View attachment 1262

I think those are SO cool!!! I actually own a rather rare cat too. A Japanese Bobtail, interestingly worth about the same amount as the Fly More Combo, now that I think about it!!

Reactions: FPVJunkie
Of course, being semi-retired, driving a nice car, having a place on the lake and boat just like the one in the picture does seem to attract lovely young ladies. I won't dispute that fact.
Well, I never was attracted to woman that only saw the material stuff I had, I mean, at some point you have to actually talk to them. :)

Actually, I bet I'm older than you, at 62 (everyone says I don't look it).. but she's only 41... I guess I've never learned, which is why I have two ex wives... this one is a definite keeper (no reason to marry her though), I mean heck, she likes this old fart, and she's adorable. ;)
Actually you are a bit younger, I hit that awesome number 69 on my next B-Day, but I still drive fast cars, scuba, ride M/C's, and generally have a good time,

My wife loves to fly mine as much as I do. I never catch it for my toys - quad, computer, cars.

Ouch. Counting myself lucky to have a techie girlfriend. We're adopting (and naming) it together.

Well, I never was attracted to woman that only saw the material stuff I had, I mean, at some point you have to actually talk to them. :)
But of course... if that's all they're after it becomes obvious very quickly and they're gone.

I got you toped lol I just turned 42 today husband is 75.... Yep you read that right... No he's not my sugar daddy, we both have our own income and are blessed to be financially set. You would never in a million years guess his age, he has more energy than people my age. And he is the best man and husband in the whole world!!!!!!

I got you toped lol I just turned 42 today husband is 75.... Yep you read that right... No he's not my sugar daddy, we both have our own income and are blessed to be financially set. You would never in a million years guess his age, he has more energy than people my age. And he is the best man and husband in the whole world!!!!!!

Congrats, I didn't mention that my GF is an Orthopedic Surgeon. She has no college debt, an old house (built in the 30s) in central Austin worth a gazilliion dollars (location, location, location) and doesn't ask a thing from me... except when I screw up like I did... then we go out for a bunch romantic dinners. I didn't exactly say I mind that. :rolleyes:

OH... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Ummm but you said you would marry it and .... you aren't married to her! Well I'm just shocked by her response. I can't understand how she could have taken that poorly at all.

She has changed every thought about Mavic when the 1st one sold for double. #2 sold just as quickly and she calls Apple stores every couple hours. #3 is for sale :)

Actually you are a bit younger, I hit that awesome number 69 on my next B-Day, but I still drive fast cars, scuba, ride M/C's, and generally have a good time,

77fcec33724e5601f00504c468a5cc28.jpg

Also an F6 Rider, 2000 Valkyrie Interstate and new Mavic owner.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Nice ride.
My Phantom would not fit in the saddle bag. Now I will always have my Mavic with me.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580