Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Special Event TFR for Super Bowl Sunday – February 7, 2021

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Special Event TFR for Super Bowl Sunday – February 7, 2021 The FAA will publish a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) for Super Bowl LV centered on Raymond James Stadium. At this time, the TFR is expected to be active from 5:30 p.m. EST (2130z) until 11:59 p.m. EST (0459z) on Sunday, February 7. The TFR will have a 10 nautical mile inner core and a 30 nautical mile outer ring.

The TFR is for general aviation and drone pilots. Pilots should continually check https://tfr.faa.gov/ for updated information on the time and details of this TFR.

The TFR will not affect regularly scheduled commercial flights flying in and out of Tampa International Airport (TPA). Emergency medical, public safety and military aircraft may enter the TFR in coordination with air traffic control.

The FAA will post the full text and graphic depiction of the Super Bowl LV TFR later in January.

What Superbowl? Is someone playing?
I've been totally disinterested in sports- Mostly because of COVID but for a lot of reasons.

The President must plan on attending. The only reason I can see for a TFR that large. Most for games are a 3 mile radius centered on the stadium.

Special Event TFR for Super Bowl Sunday – February 7, 2021 The FAA will publish a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) for Super Bowl LV centered on Raymond James Stadium. At this time, the TFR is expected to be active from 5:30 p.m. EST (2130z) until 11:59 p.m. EST (0459z) on Sunday, February 7. The TFR will have a 10 nautical mile inner core and a 30 nautical mile outer ring.

The TFR is for general aviation and drone pilots. Pilots should continually check https://tfr.faa.gov/ for updated information on the time and details of this TFR.

The TFR will not affect regularly scheduled commercial flights flying in and out of Tampa International Airport (TPA). Emergency medical, public safety and military aircraft may enter the TFR in coordination with air traffic control.

The FAA will post the full text and graphic depiction of the Super Bowl LV TFR later in January.
Routine TFR for the most part. We'd issues TFR's for all Superbowls and special sporting events. Depending on circumstances some were bigger or smaller depending on several factors.

Reactions: BigAl07
Ouch! I hope they make an example out of this guy.

Odds are they will probably plead it way down but we NEED this to be an example.
So I read the criminal complaint. This guy is Part 107-certificated. He got the email; AND when the DJI app warned him about the restrictions with the option to say that he is indeed authorized to fly or he accepts sole responsibility for the flight, he chose the latter!

Reactions: BigAl07
Bucks all the way Baby!
After all, the game is in our town.

30nm? Seems a bit much. Almost reaches to where I live.
Didn't the Bucks use to be a basketball team from Milwaukee??? 💩

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1