DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stupid ideas I sometimes get, but would never follow up on. :)

• Thread starter Deleted member 170519
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 170519

My mind seems to get some crazy ideas the older I get.
Was wondering if anyone ever tried launching a kite with its string attached to a drone?

• Haha
Reactions: Jug's Life
Yeah and not one of those lame paper kites either, but a stunt kite with two lines that way you could use two drones with that much power you could actually make it work. Let us know how it goes.......🙃🙃:oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Touring497
Was wondering if anyone ever tried launching a kite with its string attached to a drone?
I'm on the beach in Florida and was watching some flying kites and how they suddenly zoomed up and down and crashed. I would be concerned with that 'up' part. :)

Reactions: Touring497
But..... Why would we want to do that? 🤓 Launching by kite?
We wouldn't want to do that. It was a hair brained idea that I put here, then found out that there are several YouTube videos of idiots doing just that.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rchawks and Torque
How about towing a water skier with a drone?

How about towing a water skier with a drone?
Why not. They do it the other way around... tow a kite skier with a boat. Would be an awful big drone to be able to pull the skier up out of the water though. LOL. They do have unmanned skiing machines though

As a kite flyer for over 40 years and a drone pilot I could figure out some ways to do it but have better ways to spend my time. A stiff tube mounted to bottom of drone to keep line behind & keep the lines out of the props. Probably good these guys didn't have a knife to cut the kite down as they are prolly stoned and might hurt themselves. Funny.

As a kite flyer for over 40 years and a drone pilot I could figure out some ways to do it but have better ways to spend my time. A stiff tube mounted to bottom of drone to keep line behind & keep the lines out of the props. Probably good these guys didn't have a knife to cut the kite down as they are prolly stoned and might hurt themselves. Funny.
I used to fly RC Gliders back in the 80s. There were two ways to launch, tow with a powered plane or slingshot from the ground. I can actually see using a drone as a tow with the right rigging.

It was a real "hold my beer, I'm gonna try something" moment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife