DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Successful real-world mission by DSAR pilots this morning

Been following this story. Hoping for a positive outcome.

"In areas that cannot be accessed, the team planned to send a rappel team or licensed, commercial drone operators."

11 days... it’s a sad story, and I hope it’s not because she was accosted or worse by someone’s hand. Women should be able to safely go on solo trips if they want like guys can and not have to worry about additional issues besides the natural hazards one would face alone. But sadly, there are a lot of creeps out there.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Good idea, unless they had an iPhone. Carrying a spare power charge pack on a drone may fall into the hazmat prohibition rules as you cant carry spare lithium batteries unless they are part of the drone’s power system.
They have some that are AA batteries too. But get lost in Cali and you're a dead man due to all the regulations preventing a normal person from finding you.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMann and BigAl07
You're invited to our next training session on Sat Jun 8 in Acworth GA. Information is in this thread:

I am photographing an airshow in Smyrna, TN 8th if weather permitting. Please add me to your next training session. One of my only future plans is Sturgis end of July through first week of August

11 days... it’s a sad story, and I hope it’s not because she was accosted or worse by someone’s hand. Women should be able to safely go on solo trips if they want like guys can and not have to worry about additional issues besides the natural hazards one would face alone. But sadly, there are a lot of creeps out there.

Woah, they found her alive after two weeks! Warm climate, plenty of water and knowing about the wild fruit and plants to eat saved her. But yet, some people just don't have good common sense or one of direction when it comes to the wilderness.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada