DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Successful Rooting of Rm500 (also known as the smart controller)

Like I said before, camera apps connect to it just fine (it's a 5MP cam btw) however it doesn't actually 'show' anything, so the lens isn't really pointing at an opening, so no real security concerns

Non mi interessa il playstore quali sono i vantaggi di farlo dalla radice? Ho notato che la schermata di registrazione video insieme alla smart soffre di ritardi di ritardo. per il segnale da 1,5 wat sai qualcosa?

If you want to 1.5w boost, your best bet at the moment is to use NoLimit at the moment to force the drone into FCC mode.

You can root the smart controller and delete the existing Go App, install one of the Go4Hacks Go app which has FCC, 1.5wboost, 32 channel and 2.3/2.5 GHz option or you can install any of the Go4 versions which are compatible with FCC and boost.

You can root the smart controller and delete the existing Go App, install one of the Go4Hacks Go app which has FCC, 1.5wboost, 32 channel and 2.3/2.5 GHz option or you can install any of the Go4 versions which are compatible with FCC and boost.

I thought the conclusion was that rooting was not a working option?
Anyhow what Go4 versions are compatible with FCC and boost?

Rooting is totally possible, there are detailed steps in the RM500 root thread. GO4 v 4.1.15 and below are compatible.

Yeah Root work, it just doesn't 'last' but what you do with root doesn't get backed out after a reboot and it not being rooted anymore (if I've read it right @amstar ?)

So yeah could go down that option too, but with all the 'phone home' that DJI products tend to do, I'm not sure what the implications are if you need to warranty anything is (any ideas?)

As for versions, pretty much all Go4's should work that have a patch available (howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info])

Yeah Root work, it just doesn't 'last' but what you do with root doesn't get backed out after a reboot and it not being rooted anymore (if I've read it right @amstar ?)

So yeah could go down that option too, but with all the 'phone home' that DJI products tend to do, I'm not sure what the implications are if you need to warranty anything is (any ideas?)

As for versions, pretty much all Go4's should work that have a patch available (howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info])

I was talking about free android hacked Go4.
The iOS site where any Go4 was available, hacked of course, is in the process of shutting down.
So if you want t use boost, the options are limited.
One huge advantage of 1.5w boost is that it does birdside boosting too. I use it all the time with my iOS devices.
With the smart controller, I’m getting there. I’m working on the codes and I’m not returning it to DJI. So might as well do a custom rom with options of boosting to 4w internally ( the sc can support it: there are good and bad things about it) and I’m pretty much set.

I was talking about free android hacked Go4.
The iOS site where any Go4 was available, hacked of course, is in the process of shutting down.
So if you want t use boost, the options are limited.
One huge advantage of 1.5w boost is that it does birdside boosting too. I use it all the time with my iOS devices.
With the smart controller, I’m getting there. I’m working on the codes and I’m not returning it to DJI. So might as well do a custom rom with options of boosting to 4w internally ( the sc can support it: there are good and bad things about it) and I’m pretty much set.

Are you saying SC hardware is capable of boost up to 4w??? Wow that is huge!
Thanks for good news and some unexpected new info, not just for me I’m sure!

Mi piacerebbe farlo, quindi aspetto che la procedura di root in video sia più chiara. La domanda con cui il dji va 4 con la tua procedura può eliminarla?

root è per il sistema operativo dell'intero dispositivo. resetterà e cancellerà il contenuto del dispositivo, quindi sarai libero di installare qualsiasi versione di Go4 o di qualsiasi app o rom

il mio SC è già rootato quindi non posso annullare la root. se ne prendo un'altra con quella richiesta ne farò una. Ma ci sono istruzioni dettagliate per root e per installare i servizi di google play nella discussione.

potresti darmi la prova che puoi eliminare dji go 4. puoi eliminarlo per scattare una schermata principale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC