DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Successful Rooting of Rm500 (also known as the smart controller)

sei l'unica persona in questa chat che hai creato un controller smart di root per verificare cosa ti chiedo? mostrami se possibile elimina app dji go 4

Last edited:
sei l'unica persona in questa chat che hai creato un controller smart di root per verificare cosa ti chiedo? mostrami se possibile elimina app dji go 4
si, sono l'unica persona che può fare il root sc

la foto per dimostrare che la tua root cancella l'applicazione originale dji go 4 quando pensi di pubblicarla?

Ho interrotto il processo di sradicamento per ora perché sembra fare più male che bene. Seguire la discussione "DjiGo4 sul controller smart".

Have any firmware updates from DJI affect this root or Googleplay services installation?

Also, since you folks seem to be technically adept, and with DJI slipping in anti-rollback on the M2, for .0300 and up fw versions, do you think DJI has done the same on the smart controller, with this most recent SC update .650?

Thx for any replies, well unless your a d***... ;-)

Have any firmware updates from DJI affect this root or Googleplay services installation?

Also, since you folks seem to be technically adept, and with DJI slipping in anti-rollback on the M2, for .0300 and up fw versions, do you think DJI has done the same on the smart controller, with this most recent SC update .650?

Thx for any replies, well unless your a d***... ;-)
If all you need is Google Play Services, I suggest you not root, just install Google Play Services. View THIS THREAD for the install procedure on an un-rooted SC. I installed Google Play on mine a long time ago, I didn't lose Google Play after the firmware update, but some did and had to re-install it.

Hey everyone here. Anyone here that has the rooted version of the SC that can extract the build.prop file and/or the new FPV Live app? Trying to achive FPV streaming on a none SC device. Thanks!

Reactions: Tangaroa
Any new on this @amstar ? Because I'm still stuck on unlocking the bootloader with the fastboot option, it's like the SC doesn't want to be recognize correctly with fastboot after the adb reboot bootloader cmd.

So I want to ask you guys since you seem fairly experienced in the rooting of android in general as well as flashing custom sw.

I went as far as to install google play on my SC, but after trying to use a few apps, I find that they run like crap.

In your opinions, even if rooted, dont you think the SC is just do underpowered (I tend to think its on par with the S6-S7 era?) to run the ever resource intensive apps that we'd want to run on the SC (I only use it for drone related apps, as I have other androids for the other uses).

Anyway, let me know what u think. Id love to have my mind changed since it was an expensive purchase imo, even though it makes M2 flight better...

Cheers,
JD

Yes it is underpowered, it’s no where close to the flagship phones that we are used to. So the best thing in my experience is to run one or two apps at a time max. DJI apps are very resource hungry and many of the disconnects happen because you have something running in the background. In developer options you can adjust these settings. As to root, it will basically allow you to install whatever app you want. But I would advice against a custom rom or kernel as I’m not sure of the hardware inside. The rooted sc will take you up to 8 miles and back without issues. Hence as it is basically a radio I would not expect it to do much more. if you want some more juice, the phantom 4 battery works very well as an add on for the mavic 2 pro. It’s almost 10K mAH. Remove the plastic covers and all etc.

Hi guys, the goal here is to be root for dump some app and lib files from the SC.
There is no fastboot option inside the bootloader so I can't understand how you can root the SC @amstar, using your "how to" but clearly there is something not happen correctly mate.

Hi guys, the goal here is to be root for dump some app and lib files from the SC.
There is no fastboot option inside the bootloader so I can't understand how you can root the SC @amstar, using your "how to" but clearly there is something not happen correctly mate.
i am not sure i agree with the whole concept of adding too much stuff for the SC to run in parallel. its benefit is in being the dedicated device to handle flying app.

adding litchy to it is a no brainer and does not require rooting - just add an amazon store. i just do not see why it needs anything else. keep it disconnected from wi-fi at all times, use it for flying and it will work like a charm.

all the issues with SC begin when it is given live internet link and additional apps to run concurrently with GO4 while bird is in the sky. if you do all the changes and uploads prior to flying, then disconnect internet before the startup of the drone - there will be 0 issues to deal with.

Reactions: mr.jipi_
Yes it is underpowered, it’s no where close to the flagship phones that we are used to. So the best thing in my experience is to run one or two apps at a time max. DJI apps are very resource hungry and many of the disconnects happen because you have something running in the background. In developer options you can adjust these settings. As to root, it will basically allow you to install whatever app you want. But I would advice against a custom rom or kernel as I’m not sure of the hardware inside. The rooted sc will take you up to 8 miles and back without issues. Hence as it is basically a radio I would not expect it to do much more. if you want some more juice, the phantom 4 battery works very well as an add on for the mavic 2 pro. It’s almost 10K mAH. Remove the plastic covers and all etc.

Ahh,, so rooting the SC is more about controlling when and what its running in the background, so as to avoid over burdening it during flight (when its critical to keep Go4 up n running).

I guess I thought, initially, that you were wanting to root it so you could load it up with all the apps we like but have no use in relation to droning. Forgive my assumption.

I am curious how rooting gave you better range (8mi)? Did you adjust rf output somehow? Or did decluttering background use somehow change rf output?

Thanks for info!

[QUOTE = "jzilla80, post: 1023709, membro: 74049"]
Ahh, quindi il rooting dell'SC è più sul controllo di quando e cosa sta funzionando in background, in modo da evitare di sovraccaricarlo durante il volo (quando è fondamentale mantenere Go4 attivo e funzionante).

Immagino di aver pensato, inizialmente, che avresti voluto effettuare il root per poterlo caricare con tutte le app che ci piacciono, ma che non servono in relazione al droning. Perdona il mio presupposto.

Sono curioso di sapere come il rooting ti ha permesso di avere una portata migliore (8mi)? Hai regolato l'output RF in qualche modo? O lo sfondo in decluttering ha in qualche modo cambiato l'output RF?

Grazie per l'informazione!
[/CITAZIONE]

Vorrei saperlo anche io, vorrei farlo ma non è un semplice autore del root che potrebbe fare una guida video. Ho il contatore che posso dirti se il segnale in BOOST aumenta

Any chance of ever getting the smRt controller ROM to work on a leas expensive android with hdmi out? I want external monitor for fpv goggles .
Well couldn’t you just install DJI Go 4 or DJI Fly on a normal Android device? Or am I misunderstanding?

Most people, especially the ones here would rather the smart controller be more like a normal android device than the other way around.

Well couldn’t you just install DJI Go 4 or DJI Fly on a normal Android device? Or am I misunderstanding?

Most people, especially the ones here would rather the smart controller be more like a normal android device than the other way around.
The smart controller is the only device that can take the video feed from a set of DJI HD fpv goggles and video out via hdmi. Its a function of the rom/device itself not the app.
The only other way for someone else to view the feed live is another set of goggles in spectator mode.
Currently there are guys spending 750$ for a SC that they have no other use for. It can't even be used as a controller. Just a monitor and or relay to a bigger monitor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78