DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sudden Crash New Mavic 2 Pro

I'm no Sar104 but I do problem analysis and solution every day. In my experience, I go to the operator before I tear a complex system apart. It looks like tall grass caught a rear prop from the video. That's just a guess though...

Seems a bit high for grass, but maybe. It was showing a height of 3.6 m and that seems consistent with the video. It took 1.6 seconds to hit the ground.

1548730527513.png

Seems a bit high for grass, but maybe. It was showing a height of 3.6 m and that seems consistent with the video. It took 1.6 seconds to hit the ground.

View attachment 60889
Hmmm.... Well, you're the expert. It didn't look that high to me. I'm wondering if take off height was at a slightly lower elevation?

Hmmm.... Well, you're the expert. It didn't look that high to me. I'm wondering if take off height was at a slightly lower elevation?

According to Google Earth, that location is almost completely flat, at least to within 1 m over the flight path. But I certainly would not rule it out.

I did that too, but it seemed inconclusive so I figured I'd wait to see the log. Looking at the txt log that was provided, the OP's description:

is not correct. The video shows it descending, and the log shows down throttle right up to the point of the spin at 70 s:

View attachment 60885
Thats like I said right?

Thats like I said right?

If you mean:

I am not saying this as a challange of any sort I should clarify, when the drone is hovering as low to the grown as the sensors allow, if you hold the left stick for 3 seconds the app says aircraf landing (or something of that sort) since I almost lost my drone over water that time i now use that function to land it in my hand or wherever close, holding the left stick down for 3 sec. it will land

then no. As you can see from the plot in #34, the aircraft did not go into autolanding mode.

Just a word of caution since my brand new Mavic 2 Pro made a sudden crash to ground. I will be sending it back to DJI but a word of caution doing those rocket shots. I was just about to do one and do videos with the hyper lapse settings. I assure you it is possible since I have seen it doubted. Just glad I was not under it.
It flipped upside down and flew inverted Into the ground. So quick it was impossible to believe. Slowed clip
It appears as if you hit some tall grass or weeds. That could surely flip your bird.

I'm on pins and needles (weird expression) waiting to see if he finds the ".dat" file

Reactions: orbayburak
Im surprised nobody mentioned this- this looks like an esc d synch failure. Notice how the drone goes into a spin before it hits the ground. If it were landing or motors off it would just fall straight to the ground

I'm on pins and needles (weird expression) waiting to see if he finds the ".dat" file
Agreed, I’m excited for the final report! All this analytics helps be learn and become a better pilot! Thank you guys!

Im surprised nobody mentioned this- this looks like an esc d synch failure. Notice how the drone goes into a spin before it hits the ground. If it were landing or motors off it would just fall straight to the ground

One motor failing or losing a prop will cause a spin, but that could well be an ESC problem.

I doubt we are going to see the DAT file.

I suspect not. Following threads on crash analyses is my second favorite thing about this (and other) forums... in case you're curious, my first favorite is learning things I didn't know, and it never ceases to amaze me how many there are after many years in general aviation and UAVs...

1b1.gif

One motor failing or losing a prop will cause a spin, but that could well be an ESC problem.
An esc failure which could cut power to the motor, is more likely to fail than the motor itself, unless jammed with something or got hit in a crash

Reactions: sar104
Sorry for the crash. But when you picked up the drone and held it camera facing left of the tree or point of interest you can see grass as tall as that sign is.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998