DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pasquale Josepe

Reactions

The seldom explored, absolutely gorgeous Tantalus Provincial Park and surrounding areas are now on display. After a long haul of hiking, exploring and video editing I'm happy to share another location in BC.

As always, I appreciate any likes, comments or subscriptions to my YouTube Channel. I'm not just the editor, I'm the guy hiking these behemoth mountains to get that footage. I knew I should have just started a gaming channel lol. Your support goes a long way.

Thanks!

Pasquale Josepe

Awesome

Reactions: Pasquale Josepe
Beautiful, and good on you for the hiking. We have good friends who completed the entire Appalachian Trail in 2022.

The seldom explored, absolutely gorgeous Tantalus Provincial Park and surrounding areas are now on display. After a long haul of hiking, exploring and video editing I'm happy to share another location in BC.

As always, I appreciate any likes, comments or subscriptions to my YouTube Channel. I'm not just the editor, I'm the guy hiking these behemoth mountains to get that footage. I knew I should have just started a gaming channel lol. Your support goes a long way.

Thanks!

Pasquale Josepe
Nice! Did you require permission to fly in the Provincial Park?

Thanks!

Pasquale Josepe
I liked it! Beautiful scenery and good flying. Just in case you do not know how to do a copywriter icon, on a Mac option+G and you will get these ©©©©©©©©©

That way you do not have spell copywriter out longhand

Dale

As @Dronecation mentions unless you had permission to fly there, that flight was illegal. All National Parks and most provincial parks in Canada are illegal to fly in unless you obtained permission from the park warden which in most cases is very difficult to obtain.

Chris

As @Dronecation mentions unless you had permission to fly there, that flight was illegal. All National Parks and most provincial parks in Canada are illegal to fly in unless you obtained permission from the park warden which in most cases is very difficult to obtain.

Chris

Information below from Parks Canada site:​

Are drones (UAVs) allowed to be used in provincial parks?​

An unmanned air vehicle (UAV), better known as a drone, is a power-driven aircraft of any size that is designed to fly without a human operator onboard and that may be remotely controlled or may have automated flight capability.

Transport Canada (TC) and the Canadian Aviation Regulations regulate UAV use in Canada’s airspace.

UAV operators must obtain permission from BC Parks to take-off and/or land in any park or protected area.

TC's federal flight requirements for use of UAVs include distances from people, buildings, built-up areas, and animals (both domestic and wildlife), meaning there are few, if any, locations in BC Parks where permission to fly UAVs can be granted and the pilot would still able to meet the current federal flight requirements.

Reactions: Chrislaf

Chris
Dronecaution posted the answer in post #8. See if you have what it takes to find it. Here is a hint, it's in bold lettering.

I highly doubt as a foreign tourist you would be granted permission to fly in a BC provincial park. If you were granted permission then provide proof here to prove that your flight was not illegal. Even as a Canadian citizen, getting permission to fly in a national or provincial park is next to impossible as a recreational pilot. If it was that easy to obtain the relevant permits especially for a foreign tourist, then there would be tons more of these flights happening.

From the post above
“TC's federal flight requirements for use of UAVs include distances from people, buildings, built-up areas, and animals (both domestic and wildlife), meaning there are few, if any, locations in BC Parks where permission to fly UAVs can be granted and the pilot would still able to meet the current federal flight requirements”

Note the ‘few, if any’ stipulation.

Chris

We have a Bingo!

And for you Mr. Chris, try to think outside the box and learn to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm not a forigner or a tourist either.

Pasquale

I stand by my initial assumptions about this flight as a highly suspect illegal flight. If it were not, you would have already come clean. And by the way most scenic areas that people would want to photograph are located well inside most park boundaries , well beyond VLOS rules that exist in all places here in Canada.

Chris

Thanks!

Pasquale Josepe
Great video! I live in Colorado and anything with mountains, snow and hiking involved is great in my books. BC is a beautiful part of the world.

I stand by my initial assumptions about this flight as a highly suspect illegal flight. If it were not, you would have already come clean. And by the way most scenic areas that people would want to photograph are located well inside most park boundaries , well beyond VLOS rules that exist in all places here in Canada.

Chris
Nothing to come clean about. Use your brain and fly from outside the park. Assumptions make people look foolish and facts don't care about your feelings.

Nothing to come clean about. Use your brain and fly from outside the park. Assumptions make people look foolish and facts don't care about your feelings.
I am done going back and forth with you. If you look in your video you can see your tent so unless you decided to just camp out in the wilderness which you are not supposed to be doing anyway, you were in the park and you launched and landed from within.

I have camped in National parks in every Province in Canada and especially our provincial parks and because of people like you who have no regard for the rules in our parks we have seen more restrictions on use and enjoyment of these natural protected spaces.

Chris

I am done going back and forth with you. If you look in your video you can see your tent so unless you decided to just camp out in the wilderness which you are not supposed to be doing anyway, you were in the park and you launched and landed from within.

I have camped in National parks in every Province in Canada and especially our provincial parks and because of people like you who have no regard for the rules in our parks we have seen more restrictions on use and enjoyment of these natural protected spaces.

Chris
Chris, I can easily provide undisputable evidence that no take off or landing in any park occurred during the filming of this video. If I do will you be man enough to admit you're wrong and apologize?

How were you able to tell you were outside the park. Where are the boundary markers on that hike. Did you see them on the trails.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242