DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The ban passed the U.S. House

If it passes and the Drones are banned, are they going to refund us the money that we paid for them?
From the article:
"The bill as it stands does not provide any compensation to those that could be affected by this ban, if it is retroactive."

Is this legislation aimed soley at DJI drones?
Drones and/or DJI is a minuscule part of the 1,000+ National Defense Authorization Act that's actually be voted on. Most of the people voting probably don't use DJI drones, have no idea why DJI drones are part of this bill, and are thus likely not voting on it because it's going to also accomplish the task of banning DJI.

Reactions: anotherlab
I reside in Washington State; my Senators are hopeless so writing them would be useless. Is this legislation aimed soley at DJI drones? What about side-loading the Litchi app and continue minding my own business?
I believe for the most part its aimed at anything DJI. We all know who is behind this and its pitiful.

Reactions: AZDave
I wrote Marco Rubio and Rick Scott (Florida Senators). All I received back was a "thank you for your interest." note.
I'm in CA - My U.S. House Representative did that, even though i asked him specifically where he stood.
One of my Senators did that. Haven't even heard from the other one. She's finishing Dianne Feinstein's term and will be in this election cycle. Is this a way to gain support? I am in process of writing them...AGAIN!

Reactions: Cafguy
I'm in CA - My U.S. House Representative did that, even though i asked him specifically where he stood.
One of my Senators did that. Haven't even heard from the other one. She's finishing Dianne Feinstein's term and will be in this election cycle. Is this a way to gain support? I am in process of writing them...AGAIN!
This ban is only about political gain and nothing else.

I wrote a message for my representative. I will keep flying no matter, they going to jail a 75 year old disabled Vietnam Vet? I don't care!
I am also a vet and I am a little mystified by my governments efforts to create more criminals when our prison system is already filled to the brim. My first thought is to open my Drones and snip some RID wires OR install a spoofer on my Drone BUT The best thing I suppose is to sit back and count to 10.
I am a Drone pilot by hobby SO I can put down my DJI and pick up my GEPRC or Iflight and I am in business. BUT the facts are this whole ban is ridiculous and was started by American Companies who only had interests in hurting DJI by effecting sales. To state that this bill is being passed to protect our country from the evil Chinese is simply Ignorant and I am a little insulted the the Government would think I would believe it.
Perhaps these officials could bother themselves to make a list of any Chinese products I may have in my home that could be a target for any American competitors who can't sell their products as cheaply and therefor hire lobbyist to get these products Banned OR maybe they can just tell me what to buy from now on.

This was the response from one of my Senators:

Thank you for contacting my office. Your thoughts and concerns are very important to me and help me to better represent you in the Senate.

If this is a request for assistance with a federal agency or an immigration case, please contact my Department of Constituent Affairs through my website or email [email protected].

If this is a request regarding the federal grantmaking process, please contact [email protected].

Thank you again for contacting my office.

Sincerely,

Kirsten Gillibrand
United States Senator...apparent that no one even read it

This was the response from one of my Senators:

Thank you for contacting my office. Your thoughts and concerns are very important to me and help me to better represent you in the Senate.

If this is a request for assistance with a federal agency or an immigration case, please contact my Department of Constituent Affairs through my website or email [email protected].

If this is a request regarding the federal grantmaking process, please contact [email protected].

Thank you again for contacting my office.

Sincerely,

Kirsten Gillibrand
United States Senator...apparent that no one even read it
I just filled out the contact forms for both Gillibrand & Schumer. I expect to get the standard form letter back. As I did from Rep. Tonko. That's pretty much standard. If enough people contact their senators, their staff will see when a trend starts developing. Whether they change their minds is another story, but you have to make the effort.

I haven't heard from schumer's office yet
I already received the same form letter from Gillibrand's office. Which was just an autoresponse from her office's email system.

As Wayne Gretzky said, “You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.”

...And, now I have heard from Schumer's office...although his response does refer to drones...it is not what I contacted him about

Thank you for reaching out to express your thoughts on drone restrictions. I agree that this is a critical issue, and I am committed to nurturing advancements in drone technology without sacrificing public safety.

As you know, anyone flying a drone or unmanned aircraft system (UAS) is responsible for flying within FAA guidelines and regulations. Restrictions that commonly affect UAS flights include those to protect stadiums and sporting events, airports, and security sensitive airspaces. Airspace restrictions help ensure a drone does not endanger people or other aircrafts. While drone technology offers numerous benefits, it also raises serious safety concerns for the public. I firmly believe that our country can and must continue to lead in these technological innovations while modeling a fierce commitment to responsible usage.

That's why in 2023, I was proud to secure over $44 million for the Air Force Research Laboratory's (AFRL) Extreme Computing Facility at the Information Directorate in Rome, New York. This facility as garnered a reputation as one of America's premier military research venues, and it is ushering in the next generation of advanced technologies, including UAS innovation, to bolster our national security and status as a technological superpower. As Leader, I will continue promote the benefits of drone technology while ensuring the safety of passengers and aircrafts in our skies.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please keep in touch with your thoughts and opinions.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer

United States Senator

Please do not respond to this email. To send another message please visit my website at Message Chuck | U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer of New York . Thank you.

My Congressional Representative in the House, Kevin Kiley, R - 3rd Congressional District, CA, sent out his "Newsletter" today. In it, he included where his vote went for the House version of the NDAA.
His primary focus was on getting service members raises. I AM ALL FOR SERVICE MEMBERS GETTING RAISES. But it seems his focus overlooked what I had been asking him to oppose. He states, "After considering a number of amendments, I voted in favor...(see below). So, he voted for the NDAA and states it's win for America.
This newsletter gave me more info than his "Thanks for contacting me with your concerns" canned responses. I asked directly where he stood -- nothing. Not happy.
Providing For The Common Defense

I intend to declare this as a business loss
That's a little different than what's being discussed above.

Is deducting an item that was previously deducted in full even a possibility (assuming that's the case here)?

Another round of letters to my Califorina U.S. Senators. Expecting canned responses, but, hopefully, something more.

Expecting canned responses, but, hopefully, something more
Do you think your senators (or any senators) have time to reply to you personally? I mean, it would be great if possible, but replying to fan mail couldn't be on the top of their daily to do list. Best case, they probably get a summary showing they've received X letters on X topic this week.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916