DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Lifthor V3 mount is definitely not worth $70

It's not that cut and dried. The MavMount is a great mount for people who want that design, but it has the same problem that other mounts of that type has: The tablet covers the controller. Some people don't want that.
That's true, but as the inventor says, you really almost never need to look at the controller - everything you need is on the tablet's display. A proper balance is far more important to me, and if I really want to look at the controller, it's not totally blocked; I can just tilt the assembly and look at it. But once I got used to the MavMount, I never do.

That's true, but as the inventor says, you really almost never need to look at the controller - everything you need is on the tablet's display. A proper balance is far more important to me, and if I really want to look at the controller, it's not totally blocked; I can just tilt the assembly and look at it. But once I got used to the MavMount, I never do.
I've had instances where the tablet readout differed from the controller. For that reason I like to see both simultaneously for confirmation purposes when necessary. I trust the controller readout over the tablet. Thanks for your constructive comment.

I had one for about a week and when I was mounting my iPad Mini, it just broke at the main joint so I agree that the material is not strong enough for the job.

That said the guys at LifThor replaced it immediately free of charge and gave really good customer service.

Yes, its a little on the expensive side but I find it great to use and now use a full size iPad on the mount as well.

Coincidence? I think not.

I'd like to thank everyone for keeping their cool and treating each other with respect. My apologies for the negative comments on my part. I will be more respectful going forward and hope everyone makes an effort to do the same.

Reactions: Jonarbel
On the Startrc it looks like there’s a hinge under the iPad that loosens with a knob.

It's a GoPro style hinge, and can be tilted forward or back.

The STARTRC Mount I got also came with an additional (removable) mount point at the front of the controller, so you can mount it over the controller if desired.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard