DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Lifthor V3 mount is definitely not worth $70

Pointing out spelling and grammar errors on this site is like shooting fish in a barrel. I often muse to myself: " if English isn't your second language, what, pray tell, is your first?"

In any case, I've been wondering how long it would take for this thread to turn into a pissing match flame war. Not long.

Reactions: c36steve
Pointing out spelling and grammar errors on this site is like shooting fish in a barrel. I often muse to myself: " if English isn't your second language, what, pray tell, is your first?"

In any case, I've been wondering how long it would take for this thread to turn into a pissing match flame war. Not long.

I just thought it was funny to point out given the context of the post. And it was funny - enough to get a reaction. So I know I hit home and that’s good.

Sorry I had to explain all this. Too bad it’s not just a chuckle and then move on. Folks will point out my mistakes. Only difference is I’ll be man enough to take my lumps. And that is actually the funniest thing of all.

Reactions: Adamcain112
I've been wondering how long it would take for this thread to turn into a pissing match flame war. Not long.

There has been a bit of that happening, but not too much, more going off track than anything.

It was simply an unfair original review based on anything other than the OPs view on value for $, considering the OPs view on material, and perhaps one personal thing like how intuitively it fits controller.
I find it easy and fast set up, no worse than and other sort of mount might be.

The OP has later replied that after using the mount a little more it seems ok in most ways except value for $, but that feedback is a far cry from the original review bagging the item on pretty much all levels inc balance and such which I find very good.

I personally feel if something reviewed is just not in line with what you have personally experienced, it is grossly negligent to let it go without some reply (maybe such reviews are seeing the product used incorrectly etc), and such posters should expect replies in agreement, disagreement, or neutrality.

There has been a bit of that happening, but not too much, more going off track than anything.

It was simply an unfair original review based on anything other than the OPs view on value for $, considering the OPs view on material, and perhaps one personal thing like how intuitively it fits controller.
I find it easy and fast set up, no worse than and other sort of mount might be.

The OP has later replied that after using the mount a little more it seems ok in most ways except value for $, but that feedback is a far cry from the original review bagging the item on pretty much all levels inc balance and such which I find very good.

I personally feel if something reviewed is just not in line with what you have personally experienced, it is grossly negligent to let it go without some reply (maybe such reviews are seeing the product used incorrectly etc), and such posters should expect replies in agreement, disagreement, or neutrality.
There have been a lot of points where I felt like jumping in, but decided that I didn't care enough about being right.

Reactions: dck22
Wouldn’t happen to be a machinist Mr. Salty? I’m cutting 304ss as I type this.
No, I'm not. But I bet you have the skills to make a heck of an iPad mount!

But anyway with my 20yr fabricating and tool making background I believe the mount was made out of the best material for what it is. If it was made from another kind of plastic it would have to be injection molded and the tooling for something that big would cost thousands. For the amount he is selling would not be good for his bottom line. The thickness of the acrylic is more then enough to withstand an ipad, the angle it sits on doesn't put much pressure on the mount. Acrylic is widely used in the medical industry for it's strength and durability and many other industries.
Exactly.

I have an acrylic iPad mount in my kitchen, to hold my iPad under my kitchen cabinets so I can read recipes while I'm cooking. It was made by a small company probably a lot like Lifthor --- a small mom-and-pop operation that is only ever going to sell a few hundred or a few thousand units.

I've had it for about five years now and it still looks and functions like the day I bought it. Acrylic is more than up to the job.

Slow down guys !!!!! It’s just a mount review !!!!

Take it easy !!!

Slow down guys !!!!! It’s just a mount review !!!!

Take it easy !!!
I always love when a thread discussing any given subject matter devolves into complaints about the discussion.

This is a public internet forum. Discussion and debate should be encouraged, as long as it stays on topic. It's how people learn about the subject they're interested in.

I come here to learn and I want to read opposing points of view and people's actual experience with various products and techniques.

Yea i got a hands on one of these a few weeks ago and thought, i can knock this up myself for a fraction of the cost

For someone willing to spend in the neighborhood of $70, just get a MavMount and be done with it.
Better materials, better balanced, much sturdier. And multiple colors to choose from! Problem solved.

For someone willing to spend in the neighborhood of $70, just get a MavMount and be done with it.
Better materials, better balanced, much sturdier. And multiple colors to choose from! Problem solved.
I have both and love both of them I grab the Thor mount when I just want to setup fast.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
It's not that cut and dried. The MavMount is a great mount for people who want that design, but it has the same problem that other mounts of that type has: The tablet covers the controller. Some people don't want that. The design of the Lifthor sets it apart from other mounts.

Reactions: GrigoriosT
It's not that cut and dried. The MavMount is a great mount for people who want that design, but it has the same problem that other mounts of that type has: The tablet covers the controller. Some people don't want that. The design of the Lifthor sets it apart from other mounts.
They both have there negatives and positives, I have yet to find the perfect mount but happy with both the Mav mount and Thor mount.

If you are going to spend that kind of money, get a MavMount. After not being happy with a few plastics ones, I am very happy with the MavMount.

You can rig up a MavMount to sit below the controller, but it adds more leverage against your hands.

Agree with the OP

I have V2. Whilst it works- definitely worth the 50/60 dollars I paid.

Pisses me off so much that I don’t even use it now.

Rjaw8lX.jpg

Considering it's so cheap, probably the best one I've used. RC clamp part is 3D printed, but tough.

Primary reason I wanted this one was because it has a 1/4-20 UNC thread attachment on the bottom which can be fitted to a tripod.

I had one for about a week and when I was mounting my iPad Mini, it just broke at the main joint so I agree that the material is not strong enough for the job.

That said the guys at LifThor replaced it immediately free of charge and gave really good customer service.

Yes, its a little on the expensive side but I find it great to use and now use a full size iPad on the mount as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys