DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The radar power guage in sports mode.

BadAssDK

Reactions
When using the GO4 app on my iPad mini, I've noticed at small radar screen in the lower left corner (not possible in the Android app?). I find this radar screen quite helpful as I can see the drone position relative to the RC, allowing me to point the antennas towards the drone but also see the thrust direction.

When in sports mode, an additional power gauge surrounds the radar, indicate the power consumed by the motors (I assume?). But I'm wondering:
-why this power gauge only are present in sports mode?
-I've never seen a 100% power consumption, is it possible?
-any hidden tips or trix in this gauge/radar screen?
IMG_0048.PNG

Reactions: Gotcha
Not sure about Android devices but you can access thee radar screen on an iPhone by clicking the little target icon in the upper right hand corner of the map. This replaces the small map with the radar screen which i find far more useful anyway. Due to the screen size you cannot have both the map and radar open at the same time like on the ipad.

Its showing you the attitude of the aircraft not so much the thrust direction. It comes in handy to see ow much and from what direction wind is affecting the aircraft. Its also nice to confirm the aircraft is responding correctly to inputs if you lose video feed or in my case when my gimbal decided to freak out in mid-flight. When the gimbal freakout occured i thought i lost motor or was having a fly away until I looked down at the radar screen.

I was also wondering about the additional information on the gauge. But I could not find any documentation so far.
The included artificial horizon is also helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsuruncle