DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Stork Plate Revolutionizes Drone Delivery and Creates New Job Opportunities for Drone Pilots.

The Droning Company

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.thedroningcompany.com
 Stork 3.pngRecently we were talking to one of our new drone pilots who is starting to get quite a few jobs distributing different colored confetti for peoples baby reveal parties and also ashes for people's funerals from his drone. He told us he was using The Stork Plate and as we felt this would be a great avenue for drone pilots to get what would possibly be previously unthought of ways to make income, we decided the get in touch and find out about it. Here is the story:

Stork Plate Revolutionizes Drone Delivery

Reactions: Spartan Drones
It would probably be easy to make your own "drop box" using existing servo drop mechanism tech. The only problem I see is the box blocking the landing camera system. To solve this, I would make a box with a toilet paper sized tube down it's center so the landing cam can see what's below the drone and not think something is below the drone. I notice whenever I have something attached to a drop system below my drone, the drone thinks there is an obstacle below the drone and keeps trying to go higher and higher in order to avoid hitting it. It occurs even when I turn obstacle avoidance off or use sport mode.

It would probably be easy to make your own "drop box" using existing servo drop mechanism tech. The only problem I see is the box blocking the landing camera system. To solve this, I would make a box with a toilet paper sized tube down it's center so the landing cam can see what's below the drone and not think something is below the drone. I notice whenever I have something attached to a drop system below my drone, the drone thinks there is an obstacle below the drone and keeps trying to go higher and higher in order to avoid hitting it. It occurs even when I turn obstacle avoidance off or use sport mode.
I hope my idea helps in your design for other drones, if such a modification is needed. Good luck.

Reactions: The Droning Company
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne