DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

There is no way I owe this much money ???

I’m not paying it it was flying when the sent it back from New Jersey no errors just gimbal overload and I still had feed there crazy if I’m gonna pay for a new drone when mine was just in need of minor repairs

Wow, what was your expectations out of all this?

I vote for New Jersey! jk jk - get DJI Care plan next go around? That's alot of money for repairs! yikes

Wow, what was your expectations out of all this?
My expectations were that they would charge me for the parts that were needed which was a gimbal at best not a whole drone are u serious what would be your expectations man come on you would really pay for a whole new drone if yours was operating perfectly just had a gimbal overload error did you really ask that question?

I think that Silverdragon's comment might have been taken the wrong way. Sounds like it was meant as an honest question rather than a remark meant to elicit that kind of response. I guess I would ask what did you anticipate the cost of the repair would be? From your responses its pretty clear that drone replacement wasn't what you expected.

edited for clarity

@Arce101

Your drone was already inspected by our techs

Here's the parts you need to replace to get airborne

Forward Vision Sensor
New GPS Unit
And the Gimbal

We quoted you including 2 hrs of labor $499 including calibration firmware updates flight test ect. When you declined the repair we shipped it back (minus the lightning cable debacle btw went out already you should have shortly )

You did not have to pay out of pocket for inspection or shipping fees as per our policy being you declined the repair. (you only pay if we fix)

Should you decide to proceed with the repair well you know the drill we would be happy to service it. Not sure why those fine folks @DJI want you to buy a new drone. I would assume they have the parts?

Live and learn. Your options are to either pay it or have them send it back and you can pick an alternative repair center.

Reactions: DrDrew3 and Rich55
@Arce101

Your drone was already inspected by our techs

Here's the parts you need to replace to get airborne

Forward Vision Sensor
New GPS Unit
And the Gimbal

We quoted you including 2 hrs of labor $499 including calibration firmware updates flight test ect. When you declined the repair we shipped it back (minus the lightning cable debacle btw went out already you should have shortly )

You did not have to pay out of pocket for inspection or shipping fees as per our policy being you declined the repair. (you only pay if we fix)

Should you decide to proceed with the repair well you know the drill we would be happy to service it. Not sure why those fine folks @DJI want you to buy a new drone. I would assume they have the parts?

Thanks! Finally some actual real data that’s useful in this 10 thread saga.

Reactions: Lbesing
TLDR?

200 mabey 300 I can pay but 1000 that’s ridiculous the damage wasn’t even assessed that’s wat makes me angry but hopefully they just figure out that the drone is not a total loss bc it does fly perfectly it’s just the gimbal overload. I think because I rushed them to give me a quote they just told me I had to replace it bc this idiot put water damage. But to be clear i specified in the description that it fell in a puddle after the crash not the ocean or a lake. So I was just sending it in to also make sure the little bit of water it was exposed to didn’t damage anything I couldn’t see. Also aren’t the mavics water resistant I don’t get it they took an honest description of my concern and made it into its water damage it needs to be replaced..REALLY?

Reactions: Madmax229

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fly2pro