Join Us Now

These strobes are FANTASTIC!

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
I recently purchased two “Firehouse ARC V” strobes. (White & Red). Set me back US $114 delivered. They attach to my MA2 arms with velcro so can be easily removed. I added elastic bands as an added security measure. They are rechargeable, and have multiple flash options. I can now easily determine my drones orientation (red moving away / white coming home). Not to mention easily maintaining VLOS for miles!

Attachments

• FB535D9F-C3B0-4E89-8545-928F36139359.jpeg
    FB535D9F-C3B0-4E89-8545-928F36139359.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 157
  • 128300EA-272A-4515-B42C-CB2038B10454.jpeg
    128300EA-272A-4515-B42C-CB2038B10454.jpeg
    843.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 6B359DFF-7404-453C-9385-C85AFF9C2719.jpeg
    6B359DFF-7404-453C-9385-C85AFF9C2719.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 142
  • 43C8AC23-75F2-4B1B-A277-FD5C301DDA8C.jpeg
    43C8AC23-75F2-4B1B-A277-FD5C301DDA8C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 150
FHT strobes are all pretty good for what they are / do.

I use the more compact Dual and ARCII types (also have some of their older Spark strobes), just to be able to look up and locate it easily in flight . . . even though I always know what general vicinity my drone is in, using the map while flying and shooting video / setting up photos etc.

They are really good for picking up the drone against non contrasting backgrounds, be they low ground or sky with clouds etc.
You'll find them particularly useful for your flights over the ocean.

FHT strobes are all pretty good for what they are / do.

I use the more compact Dual and ARCII types (also have some of their older Spark strobes), just to be able to look up and locate it easily in flight . . . even though I always know what general vicinity my drone is in, using the map while flying and shooting video / setting up photos etc.

They are really good for picking up the drone against non contrasting backgrounds, be they low ground or sky with clouds etc.
You'll find them particularly useful for your flights over the ocean.
The majority of my flights are over the Australian coast / water, so very useful in those situations.

I recently purchased two “Firehouse ARC V” strobes. (White & Red). Set me back US $114 delivered. They attach to my MA2 arms with velcro so can be easily removed. I added elastic bands as an added security measure. They are rechargeable, and have multiple flash options. I can now easily determine my drones orientation (red moving away / white coming home). Not to mention easily maintaining VLOS for miles!
Glad to hear you like them. I just ordered one (white) yesterday from Amazon. I'm colorblind so having different colors will not help me. But they should help me with VLOS. I frequently lose sight of my Air 2s even when I'm not far away at all. How long did it take you to get yours?

Glad to hear you like them. I just ordered one (white) yesterday from Amazon. I'm colorblind so having different colors will not help me. But they should help me with VLOS. I frequently lose sight of my Air 2s even when I'm not far away at all. How long did it take you to get yours?
I ordered them from Firehouse. I think they arrived within two weeks to Australia 🇦🇺

Have the FH Arc V. Two of them, 1 top and 1 bottom. My goodness are these bright. Great choice!

Reactions: Glenn54
I guess, I am over kill, i am using four FH Arc V on my Mavic 3.

also I am using four Arc 2 on my Mavic 2

Damned if I can see the lights out passed about 500 metres, has anyone had an issue with the plastic wrap deteriorates and the battery and LCD seperate? Might have put my hands in my pocket and try again.
Regards

I'm thinking about the Firehouse strobes and getting into the night photo/video shooting. I do have a question about location of mounting them though. Where do you mount them so the video's and photo's are not effected by there brightness ?

I'm thinking about the Firehouse strobes and getting into the night photo/video shooting. I do have a question about location of mounting them though. Where do you mount them so the video's and photo's are not effected by there brightness ?
on the legs/arms

on the legs/arms
Would that be the back arm away from the front arm and the camera ? I see people do put 1 on the front arm and I would think it would effect the footage being shot effecting the camera while it flashes etc....?.

Reactions: mereflyer
I recently purchased two “Firehouse ARC V” strobes.

I'm flying the Arc V"s as well on the MA2 day or night.

Red and green up front, two whites on the rear.

I use the Aerial Pixel 3-d printed mounts.

I took a very low cost approach. I have fitted out my Mavic with two white strobes and two red strobes each attatched to the underside of the leg with an elastic band stretched over the top of the leg.
They are being sold as front and rear bicycle lights. Total cost under £9.00, total weight less than 80 grams
Not brilliant at illuminating the scene below but great for spotting the drone at night

I ordered them from Firehouse. I think they arrived within two weeks to Australia 🇦🇺

Amazing, I could not get them shipped for all the tea in China, same for a lot of countries where pilots try and order them (UK, other Euro, NZ, Asia), maybe they changed their policy on shipping worldwide.

I got a batch sent to a niece in the US, on shipped from there . . . a second order was picked up by a brother visiting her and brought back for posting locally in Oz.

I think it was the lipo issue, 2 weeks would have come by air, so good if the have changed policy on that.
They are near triple the price in Oz drone shops, when you can find them !

They are only tiny lipos, but still if sent in cargo I think this is where the issue is with sending them by air.
Maybe extra precautions are taken.

(Note, have heard FHT Amazon orders might get through ok, I ordered direct from FHT.)

Damned if I can see the lights out passed about 500 metres, has anyone had an issue with the plastic wrap deteriorates and the battery and LCD seperate?

How long have you had these ?
Take it it's the Dual or ARCII model with the wrap etc.

Just checked through my FHT posts, must have received mine about mid 2019, no problems here (yet ?).

Damned if I can see the lights out passed about 500 metres, has anyone had an issue with the plastic wrap deteriorates and the battery and LCD seperate? Might have put my hands in my pocket and try again.
Regards
Mate I use the Ulanzi brand of strobes on my air 2,small, compact and very bright.Attaches either by velcro patches or alternatively using the bracket with strong rubber bands. They flash white red green as chosen prior to launch. Great product and doesn't cost an arm/leg.

I rigged up the Arc V to the bottom of my Air 2S by connecting it to landing gear.
I flew one time with that exact strobe on the bottom of my MA2 and had loss of signal problems and my GPS was wonky. I flew to 95 feet and received a maximum elevation alert. I removed it and moved it to the arm, no issues.

I received my Arc V today and put it on the top close to the battery. I hope that it does not interfere with the GPS. Flew for a battery length of time. Did not seem to have any effect. I will have to continue to watch for any ill effect. It sure is bright and helped with visibility at dusk.

Reactions: mereflyer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum