DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This guy flies his drone over NYC and posts all his info

Well if he spilled the beans himself I wouldn’t worry about it.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
Sweet story. I hope it goes well in spite of drone violations.

Reactions: jagraphics
Cute video. Heartwarming story! Someday maybe the rules will catch up with reality and exempt flights of UAV's in airspace that a manned aircraft cannot fly. Such as within 50' of a structure or under 75' AGL.

Last edited:
It's only Manhattan where you can't fly the drones (I think) this guy is in Brooklyn
Not so. Drone flying is illegal in all of New York City, all five boroughs, except for 5 tiny designated parks. There are even signs asking people to call 911 if they see someone flying a drone.

After waving to her, she waved back. He clearly could have written his phone number large enough for her to read with a large whiteboard, one number at a time, if not all at once, with a large piece of white butcher block paper! Probably could have even yelled it to her. The drone was a nice, romantic touch though! There is an FAA exception for love. Look it up! ;)

Reactions: Mike6158
Not so. Drone flying is illegal in all of New York City, all five boroughs, except for 5 tiny designated parks. There are even signs asking people to call 911 if they see someone flying a drone.

Huh. That's different than what I read before but it seems you're right. Maybe the laws changed.

Yet another reason to hate NYC. That city sucks all the blood from us Upstaters like a vampire. (nothing against people who live there but it really should be it's own state)

Reactions: Drgnfli and WNAJ
Huh. That's different than what I read before but it seems you're right. Maybe the laws changed.

Yet another reason to hate NYC. That city sucks all the blood from us Upstaters like a vampire. (nothing against people who live there but it really should be it's own state)
DJI was pissed at NYC drone ban, so they inflicted COVID-19 on them out of revenge! ;)

It's times like these that bring us humans closer together. Kinda hope that couple do get together some day. Besides, what do spilled beans have to do with love. Have a great day everyone.

Nothing beats breaking FAA rules and regulations just to get (a date... changed by moderator) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: pelagic_one

this is completely false. Aside from Manhattan the rest is good to go. (For the most part)

Look up NYC 5 Boros Drone Meetups on Facebook. Those guys are the authority on this topic. They all fly legal, and are a great group.

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000