DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is Why People Hate Drone Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyryder

Reactions
Both parties are annoying in this video, but I really hate that young men like this do this kind of stuff to anger the neighbors. They start off by lying, then they torment some guy until he loses it and acts just as childish. Then they post about him being the Karen. Worse, they get rewarded for making these kind of videos. This is really bad for responsible drone pilots. It's exactly why everyone wants them banned everywhere and the rules keep getting stricter and stricter.

(Mod removed for inappropriate Langage - dc )

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think it's staged with reguards to their victims, I think they do it on purpose. It sounds like these guys have been doing this for a while, not the first complaint they have ever had. They thought it was hilarious to anger the guy on the street. Certainly no olive branch extended out to mitigate the problem.

if i was to say what i really thought of these type of videos ,it would not pass the obscenity rules test, and i would be taking a holiday from the forum
i wonder if Utter Garbage is ok well i will soon know

Not trying to violate rules, here, just posting out what's really going on in the world with regards to why a lot of people have an aversion to drones. Because of guys like that. I mean if we cant even have a discussion on here about that, seems like it's just hiding our heads in the sand.

I think these thing can be discussed here, I remember several discussions of unwise flying/video, the Cincinnati Bengals game flight/video and N Jersey shore line range videos come to mind.

I think Old man mavic was just referring to the words he was thinking of using.

As to the three/four 'people' on the roof .....well .....

Report the video to the relevant air authority, if not staged flying as close to a person as the pilot did surely contravenes rules.

The neighbor is waisting his time. He seems to be the one that will get himself in trouble. The neighbor is threatening and breaking the law with his actions. However, the kids shouldn't be flying so low and bothering the neighbors.

That was three minutes of my life I'll never get back. So who's the dumbest of the dumb? Is it the drone piolets, the homeowner, or the mindless morons who watch and like this stuff? It's all what we do today. Oh joy.

I think this whole piece needs the
“Thread Closed” button.

The channel owner's whole identity seems to be bothering people and filming their reaction. (Possibly to relieve the stress from their supposed other job of investment management?)

The drone looks to be over 250g. So in Canada* that flight would require the pilot have an advanced license, given how close they were to bystanders, and possibly flight authorization depending on the airspace (can't tell where they filmed it so not certain what the airspace was).

In any case, looks like they would be leaving themselves open to other charges (in Canada, anyway). Not a lawyer, but it certainly looks like they are deliberately creating a nuisance:

Some violations of a person’s privacy may go beyond privacy laws and may be offences that result in charges. This includes using drones in a way that could be:
  • voyeurism
  • mischief
  • creating a nuisance

Not certain what the laws in America are? Their YouTube channel looks monetized, so does that make the drone flight a commercial flight requiring a Part 107 license? Are Part 107 pilots allowed to fly like that?

A distinct possibility, given the money he apparently has to throw around, is that the whole video was staged as clickbait.

* I mention Canada because (a) I'm Canadian so it's what I know, and (b) he's also Canadian so I hope he leaves his douchery on the other side of the border if he visits home :)

Reactions: YVRGUY and Barbara
It seems to me that if the neighbor threw a rock and downed the drone he would have committed a felony. I don't think the law specifies which tool, gun, net, or rock, when downing an aircraft is in fact a felonious act. They got it on film and if the "children" wanted to they could presse criminal charges and possibly go after him civilly for damages.

Based on the houses, it looks like this all occurred in California (?). Kind of explains a lot.

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
Hmm, judging by what I'm reading, it sounds like the video is just click-bait.

There seems to be a plethora of that out there. A channel is monetized and the owners don't care if you like it, dislike it, believe them or don't believe them. All that matters is that you "click" on them so the YouTube algorithm sees it and they get their money.

I didn't watch the video, and won't.

Hmm, judging by what I'm reading, it sounds like the video is just click-bait.

There seems to be a plethora of that out there. A channel is monetized and the owners don't care if you like it, dislike it, believe them or don't believe them. All that matters is that you "click" on them so the YouTube algorithm sees it and they get their money.

I didn't watch the video, and won't.
I hadn’t

All that matters is that you "click" on them so the YouTube algorithm sees it and they get their money.
Retention is the way you make the most money on a channel, the click baiters don't seem to understand that if their content sucks, then YouTube will push it to the back of the line for searches. There has to be a lot of clicks to make a little bit of money but if you have viewer retention, then the money goes up and your content goes to the front of the line for searches.

It's obviously just staged for YouTube. I'm suprised people can't see that. It would be better to post about real incidents.

Reactions: Reid937 and dozzn
Not trying to violate rules, here, just posting out what's really going on in the world with regards to why a lot of people have an aversion to drones. Because of guys like that. I mean if we cant even have a discussion on here about that, seems like it's just hiding our heads in the sand.
i was not implying that you broke any forum rules, after watching the first couple of minutes of the video i could see it was just staged for the benefit of getting views and as @Yorkshire_Pud said i meant that in order for me to say what i really thought of the video i would have to have broken forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet