DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on hacking Mavic 2 NFZ/HEIGHT/SPEED...

I am still running firmware version .400 on my original Mavic Pro. This firmware has no restrictions NFZ wise, and you can pretty much fly anywhere. I also have a VM setup with that current version which in Mavic Pro circles is considered the golden egg firmware. All this was done by set up with the virtual machine, can anyone do that with the Mavic Pro 2? Currently I have the version 1.000.000 on my Mavic 2, and I am assuming that this firmware can be flashed over to a VM. But I also read where DJI put kill switches in their firmwares, possibly grounding you if you fail to update any NFZ restrictions within a year's time frame. All speculation.

Reactions: Rnl
I am still running firmware version .400 on my original Mavic Pro. This firmware has no restrictions NFZ wise, and you can pretty much fly anywhere. I also have a VM setup with that current version which in Mavic Pro circles is considered the golden egg firmware. All this was done by set up with the virtual machine, can anyone do that with the Mavic Pro 2? Currently I have the version 1.000.000 on my Mavic 2, and I am assuming that this firmware can be flashed over to a VM. But I also read where DJI put kill switches in their firmwares, possibly grounding you if you fail to update any NFZ restrictions within a year's time frame. All speculation.
What do you mean by VM? Sorry to be more clear why USE a VM?

Last edited:
I fully understand what VM stood for (IT guy) but what is the advantage? Why use a VM with the mavic? Is it V01.03.0400? If so all you need to do is downgrade and change parameters...if its V01.04.0400 then that's a bit more tricky... But just a bit...

Uh ya I know how to find the site.... WHERE on the site does it say Mavic 2 hack is coming in feb?
Found it.. meh.. that's just a teaser pic... it wont be here in feb cuz the bounty is not high enough

What were the bounties offered for other drones that make you think it is not high enough?

What were the bounties offered for other drones that make you think it is not high enough?
"
This alone qualifies for the bounty pot. We have also seen other evidence of how this hack is performed and are 100% sure of its legitimacy. The only thing we don’t have yet is the underlying code for the technique so it’s not something we can implement into NLD until we have a copy of their secret sauce.

We are so happy that the bounty has already yielded some sort of results, but we need you to help push this over the line. The team behind this exploit are waiting for the pool size to grow. They’re confident their technique isn’t being looked at by anyone else and are therefore sitting on the code until the bounty pool grows further.

Essentially, the faster donations come in, the faster they will give access to the code in order that we can add it into NLD as an exploitable bird. Simple as that!

Some of this may seem…selfish, but it really isn’t. Think about it, If you were in the same position you’d do exactly the same! Your payment will grow larger the longer you leave it as long as you take the little risk of someone else finding the same exploit. Think of it this way, they could have gone to DJI, turned over their bug and ruined the party for everyone, but instead they came to NLD, triggered by the bounty programme and your generous donations.

"
This is from the blog about the bounty....

well, current mavic 2 firmware is still something intermediate, so, all this hacking may end up to be a too much hassle to follow... especially if after each hack old exploited holes will be patched and closed by devs.
they still actively rewriting the features, do new integrations, i think all this hacking right now is quite a bit premature, as firmware did not settle yet into a feature-set most would like to keep going forward.

what would be really nice to see is an opensource code for mavic 2 - that would be really great. that would be something i could spend my own time on, but, to sit and try to hack something that really does not even need to be hacked yet is just a waste of time.

what i would love to see or get an answer for - is how to use what this hardware already got. say, how to activate all available optical sensors, including side ones in the P mode?
how to enforce optical stabilization in the ATTI mode? how to set different actions on the C1/C2 switches? how to put on a switch turn-off GPS mode - to fly indoors where GPS signal passes in but is unreliable? stuff like that has some real practical value, at least...

Much has been promised in the past, but it should not come. And things were already promised, but they were constantly postponed. I'm curious if and what will come in February

Reactions: HVYMTL
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78