DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on hacking Mavic 2 NFZ/HEIGHT/SPEED...

Thing is, someone was at at absolute max height, and it auto-landed on them at 30%. Belief was that it needed a lot to safely come down so instead of critical land at around 10% which is more typical, it critical landed at 30%.

Hmm, I guess you're right, it needs much more reserves. I already had one unplanned landing, when it started to land at 14% only 300-400m away from me. With a few tries to stop landing/to continue, I finally landed 200m away at 8%.
Probably this will be much more if it's further away with the normal unhacked firmware.
I will do a few test flights starting at 4000m follwing the mountain side up to 4500m and coming back and se what's left in the box...

Last edited:
Thing is, someone was at at absolute max height, and it auto-landed on them at 30%. Belief was that it needed a lot to safely come down so instead of critical land at around 10% which is more typical, it critical landed at 30%.

That's not how it works. There is no set critical landing level. The FC does an ongoing calculation of battery level required to descend to the ground at 3 m/s with a 10 - 15% safety margin (SMART_BATTERY_landBattery in the flight log). When the battery % reaches that level, autoland is initiated.

So critical landing may well be initiated around 30%, but only because the FC calculates that it will require that much to get down, with a safety margin.

It won't be impossible - Mavic 1 makes it very easy, literally a setting via the app (config file change in the drone itself). I don't know about Mavic 2, it may have the same "feature (vulnerability)".

What about using the Litchi app?

Legit video of hacked Mavic Pro 2 doing flips? I have my doubts, but here's the youtube link.

If it is then it's obviously in manual mode, which is relatively easy - just set one of the fswitch_selection values to zero to access it from the flight mode switch.

As I build&fly as well 4+5" over-motorized FPV racers, I can easily say, this is one of this kind. No "normal motorized" camera drone can do flips that fast/tight and stable like this. Before my P3 I had a blade 350QX (similar size&motors as P3) which was able to do acro and flips, but far away form this video. I also don't understand how anyone can believe it's a Mavic in this video without any proof or at least a try of a proof.

As I build&fly as well 4+5" over-motorized FPV racers, I can easily say, this is one of this kind. No "normal motorized" camera drone can do flips that fast/tight and stable like this. Before my P3 I had a blade 350QX (similar size&motors as P3) which was able to do acro and flips, but far away form this video. I also don't understand how anyone can believe it's a Mavic in this video without any proof or at least a try of a proof.

It doesn't sound like a Mavic.

Reactions: jaysrmc
Ok, I've got a really scary, hair-brain idea that I'm almost sure wouldn't work, but.....What if you were to fly up to a ledge or rock up a mountain, set the drone down on it and re-set the home point. Keep doing that till your as high as you want, but I can already see the pitfalls. What flat area could you possibly find on a mountain to do that, and one false move and you crash or, what if your drone won't start up again, etc. etc. Believe it or not, I'm not on drugs, but I probably sound like I am. I can just see the desperation here, not being able to fly those beautiful vistas because of the altitude limit. Marc.

Its already been done with Mavic Air.

"Painful" ist the right word, how stupid and ruthless can one single person be.... What a pity that his Mavic did not stay on the top or crashed with 0% battery in the trees. I hope he received his "reward" somehow...
Ok, I will ask the local mayor to build a wooden landing area an 4700m and with good line of sight for me!;-)
I think it just need some time after a few batteries searching the area in 4700m I might find a suited area.

We are working on it. We are able to SSH into the drone but that is as far as I have gotten. Give it some time, we will have it soon I hope.

Uhh there is no sshd binary on the mavic 2. You can not ssh into it.

I can ensure you that the m2 does not have a ssh server.

Last edited:
Reactions: lolo780
While others are "Working on it" aka blowing smoke making false claims, let me drop some goods on your heads.

Mavic 2 RC firmware via adb pull https://cdn.nolimitdronez.com/dumps/m2rc_dump.zip
Mavic 2 AC firmware, via adb pull http://cdn.nolimitdronez.com/dumps/mavic2_dump.zip

NLD is providing hosting for me, because I would rather not blow up my dropbox.

AC has two android systems running, 0801 which is the Allwinner SOC, and 0901 which is the leadcore SOC. The LC soc is mostly worthless, it acts as the modem control interface. 0801 is when you can do things like disable NFZ etc.

no but you have to connect directly to the board to gain ssh.. The is on a M2P that was crashed by someone were just trying not to brick it. Direct SSH connected to the micro usb port on the mainbaord.

There is no micro usb port on the main board, there are two USB C ports, but no micro usb ports.

The Mavic Pro 2 firmware will eventually be hacked into...just give it time.

Im able to speed up the rate of descent and ascent - to more than Double the rate-
Also the Pitch ROLL of the 'DISH' can be modified from 25deg to say 50deg which allows more speed -

However that's just for acceleration - … I think theres a Hard Limit to 72km/hr - (even with tailwind) - which is different from the Mavic 1

That's not how it works. There is no set critical landing level. The FC does an ongoing calculation of battery level required to descend to the ground at 3 m/s with a 10 - 15% safety margin (SMART_BATTERY_landBattery in the flight log). When the battery % reaches that level, autoland is initiated.

So critical landing may well be initiated around 30%, but only because the FC calculates that it will require that much to get down, with a safety margin.
That's pretty much what I said.
TYPICALLY it critical lands at AROUND 10%. That leaves room for fuzzy logic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143