DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tired of waiting for Mavic 2 support on CrystalSky? Wait no longer!

I'm not sure I follow. If you're having issues, it's probably an issue with the app. Nothing I can do until I can drudge up an even newer version of the app.
Sorry, I was kidding. Maybe, I should have used precision landing for my joke? What I really should have said was, "now if you could get me the DJI ND filters, I'd be all set!". As in you're solving all my problems with the M2P.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
Oh btw, fellas I had Very small bug last night that it would only go 10 mph or less. I flipped the switch from P to tripod and back to P and it was fine again. Not a complaint, just a heads up.

PM me the link to this apk on their server pls.
I wish I could, but this was more or less tricking the DJI Go 4 app into downloading the update. So I don't know where it downloaded it from, but I do know where it downloads to, and I grabbed that and uploaded the APK to iCloud for everyone else to download.

Reactions: Fplvert
I installed this today....I don’t know if it makes any difference as I am in the UK but it does not show the satellites and the touch screen option to pan the camera left/right does not function

So, the official news from DJI is that the US won't see an update for a while. Thus leaving us users in the dust. But I have managed to pull an updated, official, CS APK for DJI Go 4 from their servers and have created a share link for everyone to use.

Tap this link with your CrystalSky to download the APK

It will install onto the CrystalSky bringing the app up to v4.3.0 and allowing full control of the Mavic 2 on the CrystalSky including activating it.

Enjoy. :):cool:

if the official apk exist, why DJI do not publish it?

I installed this today....I don’t know if it makes any difference as I am in the UK but it does not show the satellites and the touch screen option to pan the camera left/right does not function
You can’t pan the camera left and right unless you are head tracking with the goggles.

On Android or IOS you can pan from the screen. Press and hold the screen until a blue circle appears around your finger. Then slide your finger as you continue to press down. Someone even found it in the manual, though the FAQ says what you said.

I wish I could, but this was more or less tricking the DJI Go 4 app into downloading the update. So I don't know where it downloaded it from, but I do know where it downloads to, and I grabbed that and uploaded the APK to iCloud for everyone else to download.

Take a look at a program called wireshark. You can capture the network packets from http and ftp and get the url and downlinks for anything coming into your network. It's pretty sweet.

You have provided a great service to us all. Installed, after a few unsuccessfull attempts,and then tested. Appears all features are working as designed. Thanks!

Last edited:
Worked for me right out of the gate. Just did a quick backyard mission this morning and everything seemed to work. It did make me update firmware, which I thought was strange because the version was the one I already had (01.00.00.00).

OP, You're the man!

On Android or IOS you can pan from the screen. Press and hold the screen until a blue circle appears around your finger. Then slide your finger as you continue to press down. Someone even found it in the manual, though the FAQ says what you said.
Hmmm... I never knew that. Maybe it's an added function in v4.3.1 which is out for Android and iOS right now.

Take a look at a program called wireshark. You can capture the network packets from http and ftp and get the url and downlinks for anything coming into your network. It's pretty sweet.
I already am looking into that, but it's new for me, so I'm still learning it. When I have it setup and ready to sniff the CS packets, I'm going to reset my CS and see what it's requesting to pull that update.

Something I noticed and why it might not be out yet....the DJI app now pushes the hardware abilities of the CS to the limit. The HD video transmission option is noticeably missing in this new CS version on the Mavic 2 compared to the play store release probobly because its already struggling and stutters with the fan kicked into high trying to decode just SD video giving far less than optimal frame rates. Tested next to my Galaxy tab S2 and it was just ridiculous the performance difference, tried with a totally fresh format on the CS too, I just don't think this old quad core processor can keep up with the DJI app anymore. Anyone know of good high brightness touch screen field monitor?

Thank you, Cyberpower678! THANK YOU! I just installed this file on my CS 7.85 (not ultra bright). No issue installing the file. When I launched the Go 4 app and it connected to the M2P, the Go 4 app displayed a photo of the M2P with Hasselblad camera. Good sign there! Launched the drone, tested all stick functions and found no issues. Acceleration was fine and it ascended/descended like normal. Speed and altitude levels looked fine in the app. Videos and Photos taken from the drone are both good in FCP X and Lightroom Classic CC. I haven't run through every single function of Go 4 but the basics are definitely working. AWESOME!! And a big hat tip to FLT for sending me this link with the update!!! I will not happily shelf my iPad Mini 4 again. HA!

By the way, for the install, I just loaded the apk file onto my MicroSD and not into any folder. Inserted the card into the side of the CS, opened the Explorer, installed the app. That only took about 2 minutes. Then when I opened the Go 4 app, it took about another minute to load the files. I reformatted the SD card inside the drone before taking off. Super easy process!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007