DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tired of waiting for Mavic 2 support on CrystalSky? Wait no longer!

Got the update prompt on my 5.5 here in Sweden earlier today but did not update. I'll let you guys beta test it. [emoji6] I use an Air which works well with the previous version. No hurry.

The official CS update is out now. Open the Go 4 app on your CS and it may prompt you. Otherwise, tap Me in Go 4 > Settings > Check for Updates. I downloaded the file posted here the other day and that IS the official file. I checked for updates today and it states that I have the latest version.

Reactions: Kilrah
I did few more tests with the CS and M2P with no problems....except there were no maps, which made it a bit tricky to navigate. So I hooked up my MP (aka M1) to see if the issue was related to the M2P/APK. No dice. It appears to be a problem with my CS.

Now, I seem to remember that there is a fix for this but I can’t remember what it is. So, if anyone out there in MP land has any tips, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks!

Ray Jay
I got maps and radar without issue. Make sure the CS is connected to a hotspot.

Is the live view from the Mavic 2 in HD with this update? 1080P? Someone was claiming that it is only SD because the CrystalSky can't handle it.

Reactions: dv8ed
I got maps and radar without issue. Make sure the CS is connected to a hotspot.

Thanks, Tom. I’m connected to an internet, still no maps. I was, however, able to use the “offline Map” function and download the maps for the areas where I like to fly. That seems to work. But I could swear that the maps used to just show up when connected to interwebs.

Was that a dream? Am I just filling in the gaps of an aging memory?

Who knows...

Ray Jay

Last edited:
someone please post screenshot of your live HD image transmission quality setting. is it set to HD mode?

There is no toggle for HD on that screen. I’m not sure what the resolution is but there’s no option to change it.

720P HD

thanks for checking! I'm going to guess 720P HD. Maybe I'll wait for Mavic 2 controller w/ CrystalSky screen built-in.

I can say that it does look good. Not bad in any way. For me, I’m not so concerned with it looking ultra sharp...I’m just glad that I have the brightness of my CS in play again. I never share cached video anyway.

Reactions: continuecrushing
I can say that it does look good. Not bad in any way. For me, I’m not so concerned with it looking ultra sharp...I’m just glad that I have the brightness of my CS in play again. I never share cached video anyway.

Yeah, is the shared cache the only reason people care about 1080? Otherwise 720 on a 5.5" screen is plenty detailed for me lol.

Reactions: Verizondrone28
Version 4.3 seems to be running all the features of the Mavic 2, at least on the 3 flights I have made. Tried the advanced features too, all working well. I think the person at DJI is probably thinking of the prior version, which allowed you to connect to the M2 using the M1 selection on the main screen, but was missing info like battery, etc.

That or someone called before the update was out...DUH! Man, people sure are quick to judge DJI as a bunch of liars. I really wish people that hate this company would please stop buying their products...

Unless you have an in at DJI, it's been my experience that any first level support is just reading out of a book. Look at the support responses on the DJI forum and you'll notice that many of them are verbatim matches, or very close. Only time will tell. Everything else is speculation.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if you get better service from DJI if you have Care Refresh? I'm just not having the negative experience you all are having. I called the other day and was answered in maybe 3 minutes or less by someone that was either American or had an excellent command of English. He answered my questions succinctly and professionally. Total time was maybe 10 minutes. I've also had positive results with chat.

In fact, speaking of the Crystalsky, awhile back I dropped mine and it had a couple "marks" on the screen. I called CS and they emailed me a label. I sent it out and a week or so later, I had a brand new one, no charge. I didn't even pay shipping! I really don't understand why my experiences have been so positive and EVERYONE else's had been so negative?

Yeah, is the shared cache the only reason people care about 1080? Otherwise 720 on a 5.5" screen is plenty detailed for me lol.

I was excited by the thought of seeing 1080p detail on my 7" CrystalSky screen.

I sometimes use my drones to scan fields for hogs, coyotes, and other wildlife. I found the compressed 720p video feed from the P4P made it difficult to see enough detail to track some critters from the air.

But if the 720p feed from the M2 is less compressed than the 720p from the P4P (resulting in fewer compression artifacts) I guess that will still be an improvement.

Away with my armchair speculation! -- field testing will be my next excuse to fly. :D

The official CS update is out now. Open the Go 4 app on your CS and it may prompt you. Otherwise, tap Me in Go 4 > Settings > Check for Updates. I downloaded the file posted here the other day and that IS the official file. I checked for updates today and it states that I have the latest version.
Were is that area ? U.S.A. ?

Help. I have 4.3 on the CS, but can link goggles to drone. The linking light is green, and I push it, and it turns red. What am I doing wrong? I am linking from the goggles.

Keep getting the message, "problem with drive F", when I plug in the cable. My wife will be home tonight, and I can use her laptop. Thanks for the advice, I will try it and report back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78