DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TO SPEED OR NOT TO SPEED?

E90RAW

Reactions
I have seen online sites where you can modify factory set parameters and adjust functions of the M2 series. My question is "should we?" One area that piqued my interest was the ability to raise the speed restriction on the drone. First off, who knew? There is a speed restriction? Secondly, it goes faster? At this point in my ownership of the M2 drones, it seems to move pretty fast in sport mode. 40+mph seems good. But should we push it faster. Are there implications(other than voiding your warranty) for going faster. Can the drone handle it?

I ask myself why would people want these DJI camera platforms, essentially cinematic drones, to go faster.
If people want such action buy or make a FPV racer.
If people do this then at least secure the battery better with strap, as the extra forces and possible battery swelling / risk of loss can be increased dramatically.

I have seen online sites where you can modify factory set parameters and adjust functions of the M2 series. My question is "should we?" One area that piqued my interest was the ability to raise the speed restriction on the drone. First off, who knew? There is a speed restriction? Secondly, it goes faster? At this point in my ownership of the M2 drones, it seems to move pretty fast in sport mode. 40+mph seems good. But should we push it faster. Are there implications(other than voiding your warranty) for going faster. Can the drone handle it?

As an owner of an MavPro that is unrestricted from all parameter limits, speed is the last thing I would adjust. IMHO I say “why bother?”

Excess speed is ( Mod Removed Langage ) on batteries, and most of the ESC power delivery circuits. And you cannot really increase the speed by much anyway.

My M2 has not been modified at all, and I see no reason to change anything. The M2’s are a well working system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I modified my MP2 in order to allow me to operate in Atti mode. That was successful, however many other DJI features stopped working as a result. I completed my Atti mode needs and then reverted back to factory settings.

Reactions: E90RAW
I modified my MP2 in order to allow me to operate in Atti mode. That was successful, however many other DJI features stopped working as a result. I completed my Atti mode needs and then reverted back to factory settings.
I'm interested in what other function you lost. I did the same, but all I lost was Tripod mode on the three way selector on the remote. That became ATTI. Tripod is otherwise available through GO4, so no loss, although I rarely use it. I have since done the latest firmware update however, and it reverted back to stock, so I need to take the time to re-map it soon.

And to stay on topic, I would never alter the copter's speed capabilities. I don't see that as what the M2 platform is designed for, and IMO, it would shorten the life of the motors. I also rarely use Sports mode either for the very same reason.

I'm interested in what other function you lost. I did the same, but all I lost was Tripod mode on the three way selector on the remote. That became ATTI. Tripod is otherwise available through GO4, so no loss, although I rarely use it. I have since done the latest firmware update however, and it reverted back to stock, so I need to take the time to re-map it soon.

And to stay on topic, I would never alter the copter's speed capabilities. I don't see that as what the M2 platform is designed for, and IMO, it would shorten the life of the motors. I also rarely use Sports mode either for the very same reason.
All of the "Intelligent Flight Modes" completely disappeared from the controller. That was a concern, what else that I couldn't see was a bigger concern.

All of the "Intelligent Flight Modes" completely disappeared from the controller. That was a concern, what else that I couldn't see was a bigger concern.
That's odd. I haven't heard of that before, but I haven't tried it yet either. What FW version and what GO 4 app version and platform are you using? Can anyone else confirm that this isn't a one-off situation caused by an unusual combination of FW and GO 4 version?

Interesting. Thanks for the follow up. In reality, I probably will not remap my M2 again. If I want ATTI, I still have my P4 to fly, and I really enjoy that copter for some reason.

That's odd. I haven't heard of that before, but I haven't tried it yet either. What FW version and what GO 4 app version and platform are you using? Can anyone else confirm that this isn't a one-off situation caused by an unusual combination of FW and GO 4 version?
GO 4 is 4.3.32, not sure what you mean by FW.

Interesting. Thanks for the follow up. In reality, I probably will not remap my M2 again. If I want ATTI, I still have my P4 to fly, and I really enjoy that copter for some reason.
I'm interested in your comment about P4, I've never flown one. Do they have better features than the MP2?

I'm interested in your comment about P4, I've never flown one. Do they have better features than the MP2?
No. The phantom 4 - which was the first of the Phantom 4 line - is quite old now in UAV years and would have troubled competing with the M2 on any level, except having ATTI as a built in mode. I only fly it for fun. It’s like an old pickup truck...

Reactions: 503pilot and E90RAW
For the mod I used 2 1.12
I was asking about the Aircraft Firmware version, not the version of Assistant 2 used for the mod.

Mavic 2 Aircraft Firmware versions are:

Which of those Aircraft Firmware versions was your M2P aircraft on, when you lost all Intelligent Flight Modes, as a result of the ATTI mapping to either Sport Mode or Tripod Mode, and which default flying mode did you map ATTI to replace, Sport Mode or Tripod Mode?

I was asking about the Aircraft Firmware version, not the version of Assistant 2 used for the mod.

Mavic 2 Aircraft Firmware versions are:

Which of those Aircraft Firmware versions was your M2P aircraft on, when you lost all Intelligent Flight Modes, as a result of the ATTI mapping to either Sport Mode or Tripod Mode, and which default flying mode did you map ATTI to replace, Sport Mode or Tripod Mode?
I was using 01.00.0300 at that time.

I replaced Sport Mode with ATTI.
I use Android.
Thanks! Trying to track down what might be unique about your setup, as others are reporting Intelligent Flight Modes are unaffected by the M2P switch reprogramming, which is simply a developer parameter setting alteration.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78