DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Too close for comfort

Repost the link please.

It doesn't work.

Fixed. Thanks.

Gosh darn it, the link didn't work again.

Copy the URL from the video on the YouTube page by clicking the "share" button / arrow below the video screen, and then paste the link back to here.

The URL should automatically change to a YouTube thumbnail after you post.

Third times a charm...?

Reactions: BrianH55
yep, bad link still

Reactions: MA2 317
Id say you were very lucky! That could of ended badly.:oops:

Thanks for your help.
Let’s see if third is the charm…

Hokey Smokes.

I bet your butt puckered a bit. Yikes. :oops:

Thanks for sharing the Close Encounters of the Third Kind Wire.

LOL - "third wire"
I see what you did there...

Reactions: MA2 317
@BrianH55 so so lucky , that was nearly the end of the line for your trusty drone
with luck like that, its time to buy a lottery ticket ,before it rubs off

Thanks for your help.
Let’s see if third is the charm…

VERY cool video ... glad you escaped any harm.

But yes, the wide angle lenses in these drones make for very deceptive close distance judgement. I have my own video of a near miss where I was flying under some branches and thought I was well below them, but just barely clipped them as if I was flying an upside down hedge trimmer.

VERY cool video ... glad you escaped any harm.

But yes, the wide angle lenses in these drones make for very deceptive close distance judgement. I have my own video of a near miss where I was flying under some branches and thought I was well below them, but just barely clipped them as if I was flying an upside down hedge trimmer.
Thanks for that reply. I hadn’t considered the wide angle lenses.

Reactions: tlswift58
I’ve read that our depth perception isn’t as good as our ability to recognise sideways movements as the drone gets further away from our position. That was a close call.

Now that's entertainment! Glad you and your bird survived such an encounter. I have long feared operating near such lines as I always thought such proximity would send the drone off in directions unknown considering the current flowing through those cables. You had a very steady drone while in the middle of them. Hmmm.

I have long feared operating near such lines as I always thought such proximity would send the drone off in directions unknown considering the current flowing through those cables.

I've flown near power sub stations and power lines with no errors at all during the flights.

This FPV pilot found out what happens if you touch a power line starting at the 3:30 mark.

Thanks for that reply. I hadn’t considered the wide angle lenses.
Trees are just as bad, esp if you use the camera too much. Very small limbs leap out of nowhere and oops, there goes the drone. Not good in much of my flying over water - as a straight drop would be most likely into water. I have clipped some limbs and the drone corrected quite amazingly and did not crash.

Good thing in cinema mode and not sport / normal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan