⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
These are tree chickens
Or whatever they are
They eat dead things
No wonder tree chickens look like road kill

I needed to keep a distance from them as to not bother them

I would record alot longer but something weird happened that gave me a borderline heart attack remembering what happened to my mavic pro

After I stopped recording it starting going around and round like its in a toilet then the gimbal tilted hard in a way that made me think it was crashing
So I lowered it back down
I looked up and seen it was going in circles keeping the same heading
I'll look on Google to figure out what's wrong

Last edited:
@Kywon McCain possibly they are (Lappet faced vultures),commonly called bare faced vultures ,and sometimes turkey vultures,depending on their location

Reactions: GFields
I always wondered what there were called , lol Tree Chickens , good one. Im calling them Tree Chickens from now on, anyone else on board as that is the greatest name on earth for them. what do you call Sea Gulls down there ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: GFields and dozzn
Looks like a Turkey Vulture to me. Good idea to keep a good distance away! Those are BIG birds. Up to 5lbs with a wingspan of up to 6 feet across. Also federally protected.

I was able to follow one of these in flight for almost a minute. As I landed, he flew past me - soaring so low and close I could hear the wind on his wings.

I guess he wanted a closer look at the plastic bird flying with him.

Looks like a Turkey Vulture to me. Good idea to keep a good distance away! Those are BIG birds. Up to 5lbs with a wingspan of up to 6 feet across. Also federally protected.
Yep, Turkey Vultures, Cathartes aura. Different critter from the Turkey Vultures that @old man mavic mentioned on the other side of the Atlantic.

@Kywon McCain, if you want to know more about them, here's a good reference.

You don't want to be directly below or within about 10 feet if a Turkey Vulture gets seriously frightened. They vomit as a defense mechanism. I can't imagine how unpleasant vulture vomit would be.

These are tree chickens
Or whatever they are
They eat dead things
No wonder tree chickens look like road kill

I needed to keep a distance from them as to not bother them

I would record alot longer but something weird happened that gave me a borderline heart attack remembering what happened to my mavic pro

After I stopped recording it starting going around and round like its in a toilet then the gimbal tilted hard in a way that made me think it was crashing
So I lowered it back down
I looked up and seen it was going in circles keeping the same heading
I'll look on Google to figure out what's wrong
Did you make sure you had a good GPS lock before taking off? Also, were you on concrete? Might have been compass interference.

I call them vultures but tree chickens sound good to me. :)

Yep, Turkey Vultures, Cathartes aura. Different critter from the Turkey Vultures that @old man mavic mentioned on the other side of the Atlantic.

@Kywon McCain, if you want to know more about them, here's a good reference.

You don't want to be directly below or within about 10 feet if a Turkey Vulture gets seriously frightened. They vomit as a defense mechanism. I can't imagine how unpleasant vulture vomit would be.
Oh
Tree turkeys!

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I always wondered what there were called , lol Tree Chickens , good one. Im calling them Tree Chickens from now on, anyone else on board as that is the greatest name on earth for them. what do you call Sea Gulls down there ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
White shipping mall birds

We just call them Buzzards. Eat road kill mostly.
Call em what ya want but they keep our roads clean. 👍

Reactions: GFields
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc