DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

I am pretty sure something with yesterday patches/updated changed it as now I see on app when I take off and drone is in the air as there is switching from FCC to CE immediately (after few seconds)
While I was flying a day before yesterday there was FCC all the time.

Is there any method to reset to factory setting drone as it was at stock?

If you use DJI Assistant 2 and plug the drone in you can possibly go back to a previous firmware. This could be done on the MM and others but I haven't checked on the MA2 (hence the word "possibly").

From what I am reading the problem (at this time) seems to be with users in Europe. So far, I don't see that problem with the guys here in Malaysia. We seem to be more or less "locked in" to the FCC mode. At least, so far....

Time will tell.

With all the extensive testing I'm seeing come out of the guys in Europe something will come up...

Last edited:
If you use DJI Assistant 2 and plug the drone in you can possibly go back to a previous firmware. This could be done on the MM and others but I haven't checked on the MA2 (hence the word "possibly").

From what I am reading the problem (at this time) seems to be with users in Europe. So far, I don't see that problem with the guys here in Malaysia. We seem to be more or less "locked in" to the FCC mode. At least, so far....

Time will tell.

With all the extensive testing I'm seeing come out of the guys in Europe something will come up...

I just had a quick chat on WhatsApp with some Mavic Air 2 users. One has confirmed this:
He's not attempting any FCC hack, but get the same view that we think is "FCC". Ie, the horizontal line is fixed at 90dBM, but the ~1km level is near the 87dBM.

Reactions: Gary R
I dont think it has anything to do with the phone app.

After another test I'm quite confident that this is the case. The drone will prompt a switch back to CE mode once it picks up satalites.

I just did the following test: phone in airplane mode and location spoofed. Put drone in FCC mode indoors. I put the drone on a plastic lid, so I could carry it outside once the engines were on. I turned on props and carried it outside, FCC appeared to be maintained. Then the exact split second the drone got enough satalites (you know, when the indicator turns from red to white, after it gets 10 or so satalites) the transmission switched back to CE. I repeated the test and managed to take off with the drone (2m high). Again, the instant it got satalite lock, it switched to CE (despite being in the air).

The key thing about this test is that it controls for influence of phone. I kept my phone in airplane mode and with gps spoofed, so nothing on the phone changed at all. I was on USA as far as phone is concerned. The only variable that was introduced was the drone moving from inside (no GPS) to outside (GPS in CE zone). The split second it found itself in CE, it switched the transmission. So it has nothing to do with what app you're on. The drone initiates this itself, and would presumbly do so without any phone plugged in.

iOS users can also try this. When you enable FCC indoors, you'll see the dB line shift to -87, and the Channel Mode will offer Auto and Manual (compare the two pictures in 1st post of this thread). Turn on props and then carry the drone outside (or fly it outside if you can). Keep an eye on your transmission page, as soon as the drone locks into the satalites, I bet you'll see the Channel Mode switch to auto only (like in your pic above). I am pretty confident this is the drone switching to CE mode. The fact that the dB line sticks on -87 is probably a display bug, in the same way the Android app shows 90 regardless of what mode you're in.

The hack may have worked on previous drones, but the difference seems to be that DJI have developed the MA2 such that it can switch between FCC and CE whilst in flight. They must have found a safe way to do this perhaps.

The only way to prove this would be to do some range tests in a reasonably controlled environment (flat ground, away from interference/variables). I would be interested if someone could go out and try this? There should be a sufficiently large difference between CE and FCC, that 2-3 tests should be enough to prove one way or the other beyond resonable doubt.
Just up on YouTube

FCC on IOS on Mavic Air 2

Might be interesting for IOS users...

Attachments

• FCC IOS.jpg
    FCC IOS.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 29
I just had a quick chat on WhatsApp with some Mavic Air 2 users. One has confirmed this:
He's not attempting any FCC hack, but get the same view that we think is "FCC". Ie, the horizontal line is fixed at 90dBM, but the ~1km level is near the 87dBM.
Where is he at ? Country ?

Last edited:
I can hereby confirm what @bennohimself and @danik102 says is correct.
I have a Samsung S7 galaxy edge (Android 8.0.0) , i live in Belgium (Europe)

DJI Fly app 1.1.0
test:
Wifi switched off on mobile (i was at home) "fake GPS" switched to America.
Turned the drone on in the garage where there is no GPS fix, (you can see this in the FLY app)
The Fly app tells me "channel mode: auto & manual" + the 1km marking is higher as -90dBm -> so FCC mode

I took off (hoovering inside the garage) and left it there for 5min.
After 5min he was still on FCC and found 0 satalites.
Flown out of the garage and waited outside for satalites, after about 30sec. I had +10 satellites.
After 2 minutes (give or take) it was NO longer in FCC mode, but Channel mode: Auto + the 1km mark was equal to -90dBm -> so it changed to CE mode during flight!
I was actually flying in the air all the time during this process.

At least that's what the app shows me.

I also have an iPad that I can fly with, but I don't know how to try that with the Ipad.
What exactly do I have to install on the Ipad? (It has no jailbreak)
Hi Rekal007
Thanks for getting back on this, can you help us or myself to take a screenshot of the transmission especially the ~1km level when you think you are in FCC mode indoors and CE mode outdoors / after satellite lock?

As I remarked a few times, in Malaysia where it should be CE region, it seems I am always in FCC mode where the ~1km level is near to 87dBm, even without spoofing or anything.

Rgds
Lee

Reactions: Gary R
Hmmm, sketchy af.
Why do you think he's turned the comments off on YouTube...
This guy has been around for quite awhile. I don't use IOS so I have no experience with him. Having said that, he seems legit. I guess the only way to see for sure is give it a try.
His web site has a ticket option so one can communicate and make an opinion...

Hi Rekal007
Thanks for getting back on this, can you help us or myself to take a screenshot of the transmission especially the ~1km level when you think you are in FCC mode indoors and CE mode outdoors / after satellite lock?

As I remarked a few times, in Malaysia where it should be CE region, it seems I am always in FCC mode where the ~1km level is near to 87dBm, even without spoofing or anything.

Rgds
Lee
it is exatcly like this on my android smartphone : dji fly.PNG

Reactions: lee82gx
there is olso this movie :
i tried, if i want to install the ipa mod file i get a error 71 message. after a few hours of struggling I gave up

he also uses the IPA file 'mod 2.2 from Hackgoapp'
I have this IPA file for free, if anyone wants to try it. or download here: Mod DJI Fly 1.1.0.ipa

Last edited:
i tried, if i want to install the ipa mod file i get a error 71 message. after a few hours of struggling I gave up
Cydia impactor has been broken for quite a while now, thats why you're getting the error.

he also uses the IPA file 'mod 2.2 from Hackgoapp'
I have this IPA file for free, if anyone wants to try it. or download here: Mod DJI Fly 1.1.0.ipa
Well I've installed this app (I know, I know) and its preserving FCC without any gps spoofing etc (after locating gps via the drone the line stays on 87dB and the Auto/Manual buttons are still there), the problem is we're not going to know if it really works without someone measuring the signal output.

I suppose it's promising if DJI have stopped the normal gps spoofing workaround from working.

It really would be good if someone could do an English translation of that video...god knows what he's saying.

Thanks, it reinforce my belief that my region is FCC. Tonight, if time permits I will spoof to Belgium to see if a CE Hack works as badly as the FCC Hack we have now

I've done some testing and here are the results:

Phone: Samsung A30S Android

General assumption is:
If the 1km is at 87db the drone is in FCC mode.
If the 1km is at 90db the drone is in CE mode.

Test 1 - Spoof to USA
Rebooted phone to clear all apps. Check Google map for location = Malaysia
Cover drone w Foil cover
Turn on flight mode.
Spoof location with Fake GPS by Lexa to Wyoming USA
Check Google map for location = Wyoming USA
Connect phone to RC - start RC and drone - after connection open Fly app - check map = Wyoming USA
Checked transmission - showed 1km at 87db level.
Remove foil cover - immediately start props - checked transmission - showed 1km at 87db level.
Fly drone -after +-6 seconds map showed Malaysia home location as expected for RTH- transmission showed 1km at 87db.
Fly drone for 7 minutes - checked transmission - showed 1km at 87db.

This shows the drone stayed in FCC mode.

Test 2 - Spoof to Denmark
Cover drone w Foil cover
Turn on flight mode.
Spoof location with Fake GPS by Lexa to Denmark (CE country)
Check Google map for location = Denmark (CE country)
Connect phone to RC - start RC and drone - after connection open Fly app - check map = Denmark
Checked transmission - showed 1km at 90db level.
Remove foil cover - immediately start props - checked transmission - showed 1km at 90db level.
Fly drone -after +-6 seconds map showed Malaysia home location as expected for RTH- transmission showed 1km at 90db.
Fly drone for 9 minutes - checked transmission - showed 1km at 90db.

This shows the drone was in CE mode

Test 3 - no spoof
Turn on flight mode.
Check Google map for location = Malaysia
Connect phone to RC - start RC and drone - after connection open Fly app - check map = Malaysia
Checked transmission - showed 1km at 87db level.
Start props - checked transmission - showed 1km at 87db level.
Fly drone -after +-6 seconds map showed Malaysia home location as expected for RTH- transmission showed 1km at 87db.
Fly drone for 12 minutes - checked transmission - showed 1km at 87db.

This shows the drone started in FCC mode.

It appears (subject to further findings) the MA2 in Malaysia are in FCC mode unless spoofed to another location at this time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven