DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

unexpected landing announcement

daveatpdx

Reactions
After flying slowly in the vicinity of tree limbs for about ten minutes I brought the drone closer to the ground and suddenly got an announcement that it was landing. I was able to get it to the ground safely. Then I launched it again and after a minute or so the same thing happened. This time the landing was a crash, although it does not appear that anything is damaged. I have been flying the Mavic 2 Pro steadily for many months, possibly a year, and never had this problem. I'm hoping that someone can help me avoid another incident. I would post my flight information but am unsure how to do it.
Thanks

What percentage of battery was left?

Around 13 percent remaining it may initiate a auto landing.

Could you defeat the apparent auto landing with left stick input?

Paul C

What percentage of battery was left?

Around 13 percent remaining it may initiate a auto landing.

Could you defeat the apparent auto landing with left stick input?

Paul C
Thanks for your input Paul. Actually the battery was around 70 %. I believe that I tried to overcome the landing with the left stick, but it happened so suddenly that I"m not sure. The flight record will show, I assume.

here are the flight records. On two flights I got the forced landing message. I'm not clear which.
Thanks for your help.
Dave

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-08-03_[06-27-35].txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-08-03_[12-32-20].txt
    768.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-08-03_[12-43-10].txt
    105 KB · Views: 5
HI my mavic 2 zoom has done the same thing, was trying to get a low to the ground shot, and my drone started to land but it was moving forward at about 10 mph so it landed like a plane would and scratched the underside of my camera body.

HI my mavic 2 zoom has done the same thing, was trying to get a low to the ground shot, and my drone started to land but it was moving forward at about 10 mph so it landed like a plane would and scratched the underside of my camera body.
Interesting. In my case I am pretty sure that the ground did not trigger the landing because the plane was well above the ground. Also, I believe that a landing triggered by the approaching ground can be aborted with the left stick. I think (though I'm not positive) that I tried to abort the landings.
Thanks for the input.
Dave

here are the flight records. On two flights I got the forced landing message. I'm not clear which.
Here's what your last flight looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
The drone thought you were flying close to the ground.
According to your VPS data, you never went higher than 5.6 ft.
At 7:23.3 you had an error message about the downward facing sensors: Downward altitude sensor data error. Please contact DJI Support for help.
The forced landing is triggered at 7:34.6 when VPS indicated you were only 1.3 feet above ground and had held the left stick down hard for 0.6 sec.

It might pay to recalibrate the downward facing sensors or turn them off.

Here's what your last flight looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
The drone thought you were flying close to the ground.
According to your VPS data, you never went higher than 5.6 ft.
At 7:23.3 you had an error message about the downward facing sensors: Downward altitude sensor data error. Please contact DJI Support for help.
The forced landing is triggered at 7:34.6 when VPS indicated you were only 1.3 feet above ground and had held the left stick down hard for 0.6 sec.

It might pay to recalibrate the downward facing sensors or turn them off.
Thank you BigA. The flight in which the first crash occurred was at well over 100 feet. Then I brought it down to head height, then got the audible warning that the drone was landing. I do not get an audible warning when the ground triggers a landing. This was a landing with some impact, but not really a crash. I'm guessing that it affected the downward sensor. I must have ignored the warning about the downward sensor.
I will recalibrate it and see if that fixes the issue.
Thanks for your help.
Dave

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh