DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Simonkan

Approved Vendor
Reactions
The ALIENTECH DUO II is a potent and adaptable signal booster that can help your DJI drone's wireless signal have a longer range and be more stable. This dual-band signal booster has a transmission gain of 28-30 dBi and a receiving gain of 23-25 dB, and it is compatible with the 2.4 and 5.8 GHz frequency bands. For use with well-known DJI drone models like the Mavic Pro, Phantom 3/4, Inspire 1/2 Pro, and Matrice 100/300/200/210/600 Pro, this makes it perfect.

The Alientech DUO II's capacity to enhance controllability and extend flight range is one of its main advantages. With its exceptional anti-interference performance, you can easily exceed your drone's flight limit and enjoy a stable, smooth flight even in areas with high interference levels.

The Alientech DUO II is made to be portable and simple to use. Its compact size and quick release feature make it simple to store and transport, and its integrated rechargeable lithium batteries offer continuous use for more than 300 minutes. It is the perfect accessory for both professional and recreational drone pilots because of this.

Therefore, the ALIENTECH DUO II is your best option if you're looking for a dependable and efficient way to improve the wireless signal on your DJI drone. You can expand your drone flying experience thanks to its potent transmission and reception abilities.

• Dual-band signal booster ALIENTECH DUO II supports the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands.
  • The wireless signal strength, transmission distance, and signal reception stability of DJI drones can all be improved.
  • The receiving gain is 23–25 dB, while the transmission gain is 28–30 dBi.
  • It has excellent anti-interference performance, increases flight distance while enhancing controllability.
  • The booster is portable, has a quick release feature, and is small in size.
  • It has built-in lithium rechargeable batteries that can run continuously for more than 300 minutes.
  • Wi-Fi and the OcuSync Protocol are supported.
  • Popular DJI drone models like the Mavic Pro, Phantom 3/4, Inspire 1/2 Pro, and Matrice 100/300/200/210/600 Pro are all compatible with it.
  • It is an ideal accessory for professional and hobbyist drone pilots.

Last edited:
The ALIENTECH DUO II is a potent and adaptable signal booster that can help your DJI drone's wireless signal have a longer range and be more stable. This dual-band signal booster has a transmission gain of 28-30 dBi and a receiving gain of 23-25 dB, and it is compatible with the 2.4 and 5.8 GHz frequency bands. For use with well-known DJI drone models like the Mavic Pro, Phantom 3/4, Inspire 1/2 Pro, and Matrice 100/300/200/210/600 Pro, this makes it perfect.

The Alientech DUO II's capacity to enhance controllability and extend flight range is one of its main advantages. With its exceptional anti-interference performance, you can easily exceed your drone's flight limit and enjoy a stable, smooth flight even in areas with high interference levels.

The Alientech DUO II is made to be portable and simple to use. Its compact size and quick release feature make it simple to store and transport, and its integrated rechargeable lithium batteries offer continuous use for more than 300 minutes. It is the perfect accessory for both professional and recreational drone pilots because of this.

Therefore, the ALIENTECH DUO II is your best option if you're looking for a dependable and efficient way to improve the wireless signal on your DJI drone. You can expand your drone flying experience thanks to its potent transmission and reception abilities.

• Dual-band signal booster ALIENTECH DUO II supports the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands.
  • The wireless signal strength, transmission distance, and signal reception stability of DJI drones can all be improved.
  • The receiving gain is 23–25 dB, while the transmission gain is 28–30 dBi.
  • It has excellent anti-interference performance, increases flight distance while enhancing controllability.
  • The booster is portable, has a quick release feature, and is small in size.
  • It has built-in lithium rechargeable batteries that can run continuously for more than 300 minutes.
  • Wi-Fi and the OcuSync Protocol are supported.
  • Popular DJI drone models like the Mavic Pro, Phantom 3/4, Inspire 1/2 Pro, and Matrice 100/300/200/210/600 Pro are all compatible with it.
  • It is an ideal accessory for professional and hobbyist drone pilots.
You state that this product has built in rechargeable batteries so I am assuming it uses active signal boosting as opposed to passive more highly directional antennas. If this is the case, they are not legal for use in the US under FCC Part 15 regulations.

You state that this product has built in rechargeable batteries so I am assuming it uses active signal boosting as opposed to passive more highly directional antennas. If this is the case, they are not legal for use in the US under FCC Part 15 regulations.

It's also not legal to use FCC mode in Europe and everyone uses it, specially on the Avata, which can only fly in 5.8Ghz mode.

Who will enforce that anyway, the radioscpetrum police? Hey sir, come here please, would you mind if I analyze the power coming out from your remote controller, I just happen to have a spectrum analyzer in my utility belt. 😆

Alientech has both passive and boosted antennas, but I find FCC hack on OS 3.0 to be enough for my usual flights.

I get good enough signal to fly as far as needed with the stock antennas.

According to the regulations of the FCC (Federal Communications Commission), the radiation power of radio transmitting equipment must be kept below the maximum limit allowed. For amplifier antennas, these limits are usually based on frequency and band. In the 2.4GHz frequency band, the power limit is usually 36dBm EIRP (Effective Isotropic Radiated Power), and in the 5.8GHz frequency band, the limit is usually 36dBm EIRP. Our power output will ensure that it falls within this range.

Reactions: doninss
It's also not legal to use FCC mode in Europe and everyone uses it, specially on the Avata, which can only fly in 5.8Ghz mode.

Who will enforce that anyway, the radioscpetrum police? Hey sir, come here please, would you mind if I analyze the power coming out from your remote controller, I just happen to have a spectrum analyzer in my utility belt. 😆

Alientech has both passive and boosted antennas, but I find FCC hack on OS 3.0 to be enough for my usual flights.
Actually I know that in the US the FCC is starting to monitor and crack down on the use of active signal boosting. That is not restricted to just drone control, but includes illegally boosted WiFi equipment.

Just a note of caution to those in the US. I leave it to the individual consumer to make their own choice. I was contacted by a member of the FCC monitoring team on a source outside of this forum, but they stated that in addition to signal monitoring they also keep an eye on relevant forums.

According to the regulations of the FCC (Federal Communications Commission), the radiation power of radio transmitting equipment must be kept below the maximum limit allowed. For amplifier antennas, these limits are usually based on frequency and band. In the 2.4GHz frequency band, the power limit is usually 36dBm EIRP (Effective Isotropic Radiated Power), and in the 5.8GHz frequency band, the limit is usually 36dBm EIRP. Our power output will ensure that it falls within this range.
Okay. Is there a link to the certification by the FCC for your equipment? My search on their site FCC ID Company Search
shows no results for Alientech.

Okay. Is there a link to the certification by the FCC for your equipment? My search on their site FCC ID Company Search
shows no results for Alientech.

I'm glad you have mentioned this because it highlights another component of our responsibility as drone pilots. Thanks!

with remote ID arriving, technology like this signal booster really needs to adhere to rules and regulations. And yeah, it shouldn't be just because of remote ID. We need to adhere to rules because WiFi broadcast is in the public spectrum

The idea of boosting signal is initially appealing (although the $550 cost is not). For me, I'm already satisfied with the range of my drones. It's well beyond the radius of what I normally fly unless I'm way out in the remote desert and mountains. I'd be more interested in how much it improves the 2-way signal around obstructions like trees and terrain.

but I want to remain legal, not only for my personal liability but for good citizenship

In the US, if these devices are not FCC type accepted, the FCC will eventually come down hard on the vendor.
As well as the consumer. They can confiscate your equipment that is being used illegally. The 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz spectrum is very crowded and overpowered devices do nothing to help that congestion. It only adds to the problem.

Edit:
This is a direct quote from an FCC team member in correspondence with me outside of this forum…

These amplifiers are legal for sale, yes, but their use is not. These things are causing serious civilian and industry WiFi interference and more. Add their use by a drone operator to do more illegal flying is NOT what FAA or FCC needs now. And that is just more troubles already added to drone operators. Wait until the Public learns and adds that their list against drone pilots! We had hoped to mitigate it down first.

Don’t take my post in the wrong way. I am not a legal beagle although I do my best to stay within the laws and regulations set forth for us to follow for my own peace of mind. I am posting this only to let our members know about information I was given by a reliable source.

Last edited:
As one is supposed to keep the drone "in sight" at all times, can't see why this would be any good - waste of money IMHO!

Better connection = less input lag and better obstacle penetration.

Both for FPV and stabilized drones, when you are trying to shoot smooth video everything adds up.

I have a couple questions...

why do all of those have July 6, 2023 as the date?

are testing results from LTT accepted by the FCC?

Who is Lance?
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our current FCC, CE, and RoHS certifications are still in draft form, and formal certificates will be available on February 1st. We will notify the certification company so that the date errors can be corrected. Shenzhen LTT Testing Technology Co., Ltd. is one of the FCC certification agencies in Shenzhen, and Lance should be their company representative. In addition, as soon as we receive the formal certification, we will apply for the FCC ID. Thank you again for your care.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our current FCC, CE, and RoHS certifications are still in draft form, and formal certificates will be available on February 1st. We will notify the certification company so that the date errors can be corrected. Shenzhen LTT Testing Technology Co., Ltd. is one of the FCC certification agencies in Shenzhen, and Lance should be their company representative. In addition, as soon as we receive the formal certification, we will apply for the FCC ID. Thank you again for your care.
just to be clear, that signal booster is not certified by the FCC yet? Still in testing phase with no certainty the FCC will certify?

I can see a use for this product.

I've been repeatedly frustrated when trying to fly low enough to get good pics (or video) of something that is well within the maximum range.

So far, I've been able to fly a maximum distance of ~6 miles (ca. 9,656 m) away with my M3P, when a combination of low battery & low signal strength forced an auto RTH. I had to gradually increase the altitude to the maximum of 400 ft (ca. 122 m), flying along a wide open natural beach with very little infrastructure along only a relatively short section. The farther I flew, the more I had to increase altitude to maintain any useable signal strength.

During that flight, I noticed something on the beach below me. I decided to make a separate flight, so I could examine it more closely.

I had to get MUCH closer in order to fly low enough while maintaining signal strength to take some pics, & even then, the lower I flew, the worse the signal strength got. I had a direct line of sight, yet was limited by the low signal strength.

Not only that, but I've had the very same problem, flying around my small rural town; the lower I flew, the worse the signal strength got, & Yes, this was while maintaining VLOS. Adjusting the direction of the RC controller seemed to make little if any difference.

The whole territory is quite flat; maybe I could do better by climbing up a folding ladder. I doubt that I'd fare well, with my eyes either on the controller, or on the bird itself, & losing my balance & impacting the ground (at my age, not good!)

Bottom line, I'm interested in being able to fly lower, rather than fly farther.

I'm intrigued with this product; the price, not so much.

My bird is still under warranty, so I'll not be performing any mods on it, but 1nce that is over, it's “Katie, bar the doors.”

Attachments

• DJI_0006 128GB card (11).JPG
    DJI_0006 128GB card (11).JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DJI_0075.JPG
    DJI_0075.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
  • DJI_0040.JPG
    DJI_0040.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
just to be clear, that signal booster is not certified by the FCC yet? Still in testing phase with no certainty the FCC will certify?
No, it was given an interim certificate after passing the FCC and CE testing procedures. The procedure has been put on hold until after the Chinese Spring Festival holiday, when Shenzhen LTT testing Co., Ltd. will be able to provide the official certificate documents.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54