DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Version 1.2 user manual now available

Thanks I will look at it this morning , updated manuals are always good if they address previous version errors.
Also if they include newest changes.
Mike

Vast majority of it is just small changes in an attempt to improve clarity / readability, fix some engrish and change a couple of warnings to say "DO NOT do this" instead of "Always do it this way".

Couple of interesting points:

DJI Manual said:
It is normal if there is friction on the arms and aircraft due to the firmly folding design of the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom aircraft.

Regarding people complaining about the rear motors hitting the front vents. (apply outward pressure on the arms when folding / unfolding to avoid this).

DJI Manual said:
Video Distortion Correction The Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom shoot 8-bit videos while automatically correcting the video distortion commonly found in the medium. Only the Mavic 2 Pro, however, can shoot 10-bit videos. 10-bit videos are smoother than 8-bit videos, which is advantageous for post-production color modulation. Please note that automatic video distortion correction is unavailable for 10-bit videos on the Mavic 2 Pro. There are several software programs available to correct video distortion such as DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, and Apple Final Cut Pro X. Videos with different resolutions have different types of distortion. The table below lists the recommended values to correct distortion when using different software. Please note that by correcting distortion, the overall quality of the video will diminish.
DaVinci Resolve Adobe Premiere * Apple Final Cut Pro X
HQ 0.180 -4 0.02
Full FOV 0.245 -9 0.05
2.7K 0.240 -8 0.05
FHD 1080 24/25/30/48/60 0.245 -9 0.05
FHD 120P 0.180 -4 0.02
* Adobe Premiere uses preset parameters for distortion correction. Users do not need to manually input the value but need to select the video mode.

Doesn't really paste that well....

Vast majority of it is just small changes in an attempt to improve clarity / readability, fix some engrish and change a couple of warnings to say "DO NOT do this" instead of "Always do it this way".

Couple of interesting points:

Regarding people complaining about the rear motors hitting the front vents. (apply outward pressure on the arms when folding / unfolding to avoid this).

Doesn't really paste that well....

Agreed. The only substantial change is to note that distortion correction is not applied to 10-bit video. There are also changes in the appendix to update the descriptions of the on-screen display, including removing Course Lock as one of the items.

It's weird that they didn't mention the new Hyperlapse features (changing the speed, view clipped frame) that just came out and don't work.

I hoping we see new firmware soon, looking forward to being able to save waypoints and run the exact same route on multiple days to see how things on the ground change over time.

I hoping we see new firmware soon, looking forward to being able to save waypoints and run the exact same route on multiple days to see how things on the ground change over time.

You could just run Litchi.

Reactions: Fplvert and Kilrah
I'm a n00b, this is my first Drone. Is Litchi a 3rd-party controller app?

Thanks, looks interesting, but I don't see support for the Mavic 2. Their August update added support for the Phantom 4 Pro V2 but there is no mention of the Mavic 2.

Good point. Litchi 2.6.0 (1900) is the current version supporting the M2 series, but it has not yet been released from beta. It works fine though.

Do you use Litchi as a full replacement of the DJI GO app, or just for special use cases like the waypoints scenario I mentioned?

Do you use Litchi as a full replacement of the DJI GO app, or just for special use cases like the waypoints scenario I mentioned?

Some people think it is better than the GO app and use it exclusively. Others just use it for waypoint missions. Either way it has all the functionality of the GO app for regular flying.

Reactions: JethroXP
Looks like Litchi 2.6.0 moved out of beta and into general release yesterday. Debating if it’s worth $23 for waypoint functionality when it should be coming for free (or at least as part of what we’ve already paid for) from DJI.

.......when it should be coming for free (or at least as part of what we’ve already paid for) from DJI.[/QUOTE said:
Haha, you are new to DJI, aren't you! :)

I wouldn't hold your breath on waiting for the DJI app to do that anytime soon. If you want waypoint functionality now or will need it in the near future, Litchi is the way to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore